User Tag List

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yay to a new week - and we'll have a cool few days!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Mother's Day was a busy one for me: church (DH had to go in early so we drove separate), swimming lessons, hosting dinner for DH's side. Baby was up EVERY HOUR last night. I have no idea why, but I am exhausted and just want to veg today. She was down to one waking so this was a hard night after all our progress. May force myself to get in the garden, fresh air may help.

We went garage saling this weekend and found a few good deals. I have spruced them up (cleaned them) and am going to try and flip them. If I can move the items I will do it again. I have been selling on FB for a while to have an idea of what goes quickly for what price range. I am not sure how I feel about making profit off of other's deals, but I am going to try to do it honestly. I feel it is fair for a small investment of my time and money. I like garage saling. The online market allows for higher selling prices. I want to start a summer fun fund and put money away for dental work (yes my kids are only 5, 4, and 9 months!) because the 4 yo is a thumb sucker and I can already see the bills in my future.

So far I have for sale: a new Disney movie (paid $2), vintage suitcase (paid $1 for two, DH is keeping one), Coke tins (paid $1.50). I am going to try to sell each item for $5 (which is still really good) and if I can move it all I will make around $10.
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Our great nephew was born yesterday morning! We will visit at the end of may on the way to my sister's graduation.

Getting bloodwork done today. So currently sitting in the waiting room.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Mother's Day was a busy one for me: church (DH had to go in early so we drove separate), swimming lessons, hosting dinner for DH's side. Baby was up EVERY HOUR last night. I have no idea why, but I am exhausted and just want to veg today. She was down to one waking so this was a hard night after all our progress. May force myself to get in the garden, fresh air may help.

We went garage saling this weekend and found a few good deals. I have spruced them up (cleaned them) and am going to try and flip them. If I can move the items I will do it again. I have been selling on FB for a while to have an idea of what goes quickly for what price range. I am not sure how I feel about making profit off of other's deals, but I am going to try to do it honestly. I feel it is fair for a small investment of my time and money. I like garage saling. The online market allows for higher selling prices. I want to start a summer fun fund and put money away for dental work (yes my kids are only 5, 4, and 9 months!) because the 4 yo is a thumb sucker and I can already see the bills in my future.

So far I have for sale: a new Disney movie (paid $2), vintage suitcase (paid $1 for two, DH is keeping one), Coke tins (paid $1.50). I am going to try to sell each item for $5 (which is still really good) and if I can move it all I will make around $10.
    @Granger there is nothing wrong with purchasing something at a great deal and making a profit after you have invested your time & efforts, just my opinion, good luck
    Angela273, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Our great nephew was born yesterday morning! We will visit at the end of may on the way to my sister's graduation.

Getting bloodwork done today. So currently sitting in the waiting room.

Congrats to you
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Well things went better than expected with the contractor thankfully.

The light switch was re-install properly which now sits flush, the 3 spots of drywall in the 1 area have been re-mudded and the "elephant in the room" the bow in my new drywall on 1 wall has been cut out, he will come back tomorrow or the next day and re-install the drywall (tape, mud, sand, prime & paint) at this own costs .

Dh didn't want me to bother calling him but I figured he seemed like a decent fella so no harm asking, I was quite surprised when he said that he would redo the wall with the bow, he said "if your not happy then I'm not happy" so there we are folks, it obviously was worth mentioning instead of having my dh go around and fix these 3 things which I already paid for which would not have sit well with us.

So perhaps after all is fixed we may consider having him back, however, he may not want to come back I guess time will tell.

Supper tonight is hamburgers on the bbq with leftover bean salad.

Laundry is hanging on the line, it's probably already dry as it's so windy here today.

I pulled chicken breasts from the freezer for tomorrow's supper which will be sweet n' sour chicken which is Logan & dh's fav.

Wishing everyone a great day
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I send you a pm, could you get back to me.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Congrats to you
    Thank you.

Im glad the contractor is fixing things!

jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Boys back to their mom for the week. She stayed inside because she knows im mad at her. Gonna miss our boys. Ive been kinda cranky this week so theymight just be relieved to not be around me.

Xbox sale completed finally. We had leftovers for supper - pork roast with gravy heated up and served as an open faced sandwich. With fried taters.

I have one transcription left to do and im close to an extra 500 brought in for my side job for the month. Which once paid will ve applied to our outstanding water pipe bill.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

saundyl, Congrats, great-auntie!

Name:  congratsAunt.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  33.2 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

That is a great idea! There is nothing wrong with doing that I think everyone has thought of doing this too I know I have tried a few times. We live in a rural part of Ontario so really nothing moves well or fast! There is just too much stuff on the markets. You should start a thread about this. Just my opinion.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-morning load on the line already
    -yes granger awesome -I did that last year bought a purse for 2.00 at a garage sale near my son's house -thought I would like it nope not big enough so turned around and sold it on kijiji for 10.00-made 8.00 bucks -hey go for it
    -I am gonna start trying to get to garage sales this year -love them
    HorndoggJr., Natalka, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Finally, we have rain - it's nice to have it, but the downside is that it's really quite cold in here, so I had to put the furnace on!

Hope you all have a great day!

NOTE: Free Shreddies through FB

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/415725-...ilable-canada/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

The contractor came today and installed the new drywall, mudded and will return tomorrow to sand and prime and if the stars align paint and should be all done. He also had some extra fast drying mud mixed and surprised me by doing the mudding in my front entrance which was on the list of things to be done by him but never did get done.

My son last week was involved in painting lines in the parking lot, well some kid that was running around with white (permanent) paint went around touching a bunch of kids and Logan got permanent paint on 1 of his new shirts. I've tried treating 4 different ways and no luck. I called the school the teacher called back and said well he's 13 he was told to bring ratty clothes, he changed into shorts but didn't change his top. I told her the issue is not him being 13 and by the way very responsible & mature for his age BUT the fact that the other kids were going around doing this when they had a job to do. I told her that he just got a bunch of new tops. I told her that the shirt needs to be replaced, she said well he should have worn old shirt and what did I want.
    I want the shirt replaced, she said she would pay out of her pocket (I really don't give a sh*t) which is fine. She then calls back and says you better have a conversation with him about not participating in painting activities so this doesn't happen again.....REALLY, I said so what he's no supposed to participate in art class? do you not use washable paints and if not maybe nows the time to start!!!

Am I being unreasonable about the shirt? I truly want your opinions.

This is the same teacher which supervises lunch where daily bullying goes on does nothing, the grade 7/8 eat their lunch in the library which is super tiny (rural school), how can she not know about the bullying, I have no use for her and perhaps that's why I have no issues of her replacing the shirt....thoughts.

Well not feeling motivated and the chicken won't cook itself so I better find some motivation in a cup of cup,

wishing everyone a great afternoon.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hoping everyone had a happy mother's day! LO sang her song in front of an audience on Sunday. I managed to remember to charge the camera battery but ran out of space on the card. The first and second times, I was helping the kids on and off the stage and couldn't film anything. DH sits in the back row, way to far to capture anything other than small dots. Well, maybe by the time she's three I'll get with the program. But probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I know you have your mother in your province. But would you and DH be considering a move to Ontario if work opportunities exist? That employer of DH's is certainly taking advantage.
    @Ciel: We're in Ontario. We thought being near the GTA would bring more opportunities, but it's just near so many universities and colleges who are pumping out graduates willing to work for less money, longer hours, and willing to relocate.

@saundyl: I'm sorry to hear about the ex, but the new washer/dryer system looks great! Our laundry room barely fits ours as well, but it fits, and saves us the hassle of leaving the house. When you have kids, that is so nice. The freedom of doing laundry at 4 AM if you want to is really nice, even if it's inconvenient. Is it programmable? My friend sets hers to run at 7:30 AM.

Congratulations on your new nephew!

@coupon girl: Congratulations on a new grandson!

@jasperandchar: Why is your son painting lines in a parking lot? I don't think that is an art class or an appropriate school activity.
    saundyl, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information