User Tag List

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Has anyone ever cooked with rice wine before? I found some interesting recipes and they called for rice wine. And five spice. Has anyone seen those in stores?

I also tried looking for tofu at WM. I have better luck finding it in ethnic grocery stores, but I do find teensy extra hard bricks in places like Fortinos and Sobeys. Am I not looking hard enough?

Obviously, I am trying to be adventurous and cook more these days. This weekend, I found chicken thighs for $0.79/lb and bought a bag. Four turned out reasonably well in the oven. LO asked for more, but she was just eating around her rice and veggies.

As for budgeting, we may be in for a huge shakeup and not in an expected way. I commiserate with everyone on the unexpected surprises!

@Natalka: Thank you for the virtual cookie. I really need one right now!
    Five spice is a Chinese herb mix.
    I can find Tofu at my RCSS, but I am in west.
    ROMEO, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    My Orange key is 24496925S1

Drop referral code:q6n0i https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just booked off a next Monday and the Tuesday after the long weekend. A 3 day and 4 day weekend to look forward to. Can't wait! Nothing planned but getting stuff done around the house and a "me" day. Hit the gym when I want without having to rush to work etc. Will make the best of both days while kids are in school!
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Spent A LOT of money at FB. Stocked up on a bunch of things and planned for a BBQ here on Mother's day. Our cupboards were empty too. $245 taxes in. There were a handful of GF items too which were pricier and a lot of meat and buns. Not bad for feeding 15 dinner and our family for the week. I had so much that the lady had to close down her lane.

Mother's Day BBQ:
    Marc Angelo Saugsages $3.99 X4
    GF hotdogs (for anyone who does not like/want sausage) $4.49 x2 (this killed me when Schneiders were less than $2 on sale but it is so much easier if all the meat is GF for preparation wise)
    Buns were 3 for $7
    I also bought Celebration cookies $2 and Marshmallows $1 to do s'mores for dessert.
    My SIL and MIL will each bring a veggie side to balance the meal out.

Mother's Day Gifting:
    My mom - card and we are going for pedicures later in May
    His mom - organized/host family BBQ, card with magazine, gardening gloves and a rearview mirror trinket with a cute saying I will do up in cellophane (from HER SON of course, lol).

DH and I are started to give one side of the family priority for each holiday as to not overwhelm ourselves in one weekend with him working Friday nights and Sundays. His fam is mother's day, mine will be father's day. Our family is both nearby anyhow and we see them regularly.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, May 2nd, 2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    You can use it with Wi-Fi I would assume (at home or somewhere else with free Wi-Fi)
    OK Thanks!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Please say a prayer for my grand mother she will probably not pass the night ......I am heartbroken........
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

cath, I am so sorry to hear that - wishing her peace.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh cath so sorry thoughts and prayers with you

-had son/wife and ashlyn over for pork tenderloin,crescent rolls ,mashed potatoes and corn on the cob and gravy -yumm-pork tenderloin was bought when I got 2,000 for it from fortinos so only paid 6.20and corn was .33 each p.r to food basics today-oh dessert lemon pie 3.00 at walmart -nice lovely meal

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you ladies
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cath, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Prayers for you and your family!

I am not able to sleep. We had to say goodbye to our dear doggie today. I created a post in the Tea Room. My eyes are sore from crying. He was our constant companion and we will miss him dearly. He had developed several tumors and the vet had planned to remove one tomorrow, but in the space of 2 weeks, it had invaded his leg muscles and he had developed 2 sizable new ones. He was experiencing pain as they were interfering with his bowels.
    I was dreading this visit to the vet as I knew from his behavior that we probably would not be bringing him home.

Both dh and I are emotionally drained. Dh had to have a blood transfusion this morning so that he can take his chemo on Wednesday.
    Please say a little prayer for our little friend.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

SO sorry to hear about your grandmother Cath

Avon so sorry for the loss of your bur baby

Thoughts and prayers for both of you.
    avoncallingu, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Spent A LOT of money at FB. Stocked up on a bunch of things and planned for a BBQ here on Mother's day. Our cupboards were empty too. $245 taxes in. There were a handful of GF items too which were pricier and a lot of meat and buns. Not bad for feeding 15 dinner and our family for the week. I had so much that the lady had to close down her lane.
    I've never heard of a $245 purchase shutting down the lane before! I've typically seen grocery bills that high at RCSS, but it's usually my luck that I pick the line where the ladies are buying food for the breakfast program at a school or someone's family reunion.

Everyone on this board is mentioning good food lately and I'm trying to be very good and not cave. Mmmmmm bacon and sausages.... I used to eat them every day as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Please say a prayer for my grand mother she will probably not pass the night ......I am heartbroken........
    @cath007 : I'm so sorry. Prayers sent and a big virtual hug sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I am not able to sleep. We had to say goodbye to our dear doggie today. I created a post in the Tea Room. My eyes are sore from crying. He was our constant companion and we will miss him dearly. He had developed several tumors and the vet had planned to remove one tomorrow, but in the space of 2 weeks, it had invaded his leg muscles and he had developed 2 sizable new ones. He was experiencing pain as they were interfering with his bowels.
    I was dreading this visit to the vet as I knew from his behavior that we probably would not be bringing him home.

Both dh and I are emotionally drained. Dh had to have a blood transfusion this morning so that he can take his chemo on Wednesday.
    Please say a little prayer for our little friend.
    @avoncallingu : I'm sorry for your loss. A hug for you too and prayers for you both.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hugs to Cathy and Avoncalling.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I've never heard of a $245 purchase shutting down the lane before! I've typically seen grocery bills that high at RCSS, but it's usually my luck that I pick the line where the ladies are buying food for the breakfast program at a school or someone's family reunion.

Everyone on this board is mentioning good food lately and I'm trying to be very good and not cave. Mmmmmm bacon and sausages.... I used to eat them every day as a kid.

@cath007 : I'm so sorry. Prayers sent and a big virtual hug sent to you.

@avoncallingu : I'm sorry for your loss. A hug for you too and prayers for you both.

Same at our RCSS- All $300 and up orders- cottage country. I watch how they over pay for EVERYTHING! Crazy!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Another sunny start but I heard rain is coming later. I put a load of sheets on last night but hung them to dry in the house in case of rain.

We had a wonderful Monday night. Sat out in the sunshine and had a few Corona's. Then my honey treated us to Chinese And he brought me a special treat from a bakery he visited out of town for lunch while working. He loves me

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Had to leave work early yesterday for an appointment so I ran into No Frills after work to grab stuff for my Sales Rep Training later this week.

Not bad considering, I spent just under $15 which is everything needed to make 3 large Salad. One Pasta with Fresh Veggies, Cesar Salad and Potato salad. Almost everything I bought was on sale with the except of the cream for Coffee and the Pasta, they had Pasta on sale but the bigger bag was actually a better deal considering how much I need to make.

Also grabbed a few things for home, spent under $10 and got 10 lb potatoes, Milk, 2 lb Apples and Lettuce.

Now I just need to order a sub platter and we will have everything we need for Sales Rep training. Think I did pretty good will be under $10/person when all is said and done.

Have a great day everyone.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information