User Tag List

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. rain all night. the gardens need it.

my goal for the weekend is to list stuff to sell. start my coupon thing again .
    and limit my intereaction with negative people.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbuyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I wanted to look up something new for this too. People tend to turn to me for allergy stuff, but cutting out gluten is one thing and cutting out EVERYTHING to encompass everyone's allergy is harder!

Perhaps these if coconut is okay.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/201...ut-crack-bars/
    Thank you both for the posts. I forwarded a few recipes to the mum and found out coconut is also off the menu. No coconut butter, flour, oil, etc. It seems that grain/egg/nut/dairy free recipes always seem to be replaced with coconut. The mum has given up on any cake whatsoever. I did find a few recipes from smartbuyer's link for avocado pudding and strawberry popsicles, but nothing cake/cookie like. I wonder how allergies have become so severe nowadays! One of the boys can eat eggs, while the other boy cannot, yet, the daughter in the same family can eat everything! Mind-boggling...

Well, I guess it's guaranteed that her children will grow up healthy then, no eating out, no pre-packaged foods, no high fat dairy, and only meat, fruit, and vegetables on the menu. My nephew cannot have any dairy and he's as slim as a nail. I honestly don't know what's keeping his pants up.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I don't mind sharing my thoughts here. We are among friends. I am pretty sure that painting lines in the parking lot (good old white ones I am assuming) are not a direct curriculum link.

Not everything we do needs to be tied to a curriculum, but this is a community service act. I am interested to know what paint was used and the safety protocol used with the children. I imagine this in not just your regular acrylic paint? Parental permission or notification should have been involved if children were doing this. It is a work project...like a field trip...student safety is of utmost importance.

I have every belief that your views on the teacher are accurate. I also believe in trying to understand people, even if they are horrid. It is the only way they (may) change. We can only affect our own responses and behaviours.

Based on the information I have, I would be calling the principal to chat if I were you to seek understanding about the whole project and scenario at large. It doesn't sound to me like the teacher cares about your perspective...which is just as important as hers.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

SS: Congrats on the pregnancy. It’s tough carry a human around so I think chips are a perfectly fine coping strategy.
    CouponGirl: now you know what you can shop for which is always fun.
    Life is beyond crazy busy and expensive now. Yesterday the pup had to do an urgent visit to the vet for a weird goopy eye. Told my kids to go into veterinary science. I was in and out in 10 minutes with some drops and paid close to $150.00 .
    I forgot to save DH’s PC Plus offers and this week he has total crap offers. Oh well can’t always be on the ball.
    Because I was home yesterday to take the pup to the vet I did some laundry during mid peak (ugg) but at least I could put it on my awesome new clothes line. I just can’t stay ahead of it when we are out most evenings and weekends for sports. So a question for you ladies that use a clothes line. Do you add liquid fabric softener? The towels were a bit crunchy although I expect we will get used to them.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@sweet sparrow Haven't tried these, but I've heard black bean brownies can be very good. Seems this one lists the subs you need, and you can omit the nuts.

http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-glu...bean-brownies/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@lilo0003 - yes, definitely, I used liquid fabric softener when hanging out clothes or towels/linens.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yesterday was a bad night for binge eating. I ate almost an entire large bag of maple bacon potato chips, which is probably about four servings. I checked the calorie count on Runner's World, and I would have to jog for two and a half hours to burn off the calories, plus it was well over 100% of my daily fat intake. The other side effects were a sore tongue from all the spices, and feeling just as nauseous as before I started eating them. I woke at 3 AM with a sore throat as well. Never ever ever doing that again!

Today I ate a plain pita for breakfast. I think I forgot to take my vitamin this morning. Sigh.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @lilo0003 - yes, definitely, I used liquid fabric softener when hanging out clothes or towels/linens.
    thanks, I will have to pick some up. Does it make the towels less crunchy?
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I never use fabric softener. my youngest is allergic. my towels alternate between crunchy and soft. No idea why.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So a question for you ladies that use a clothes line. Do you add liquid fabric softener? The towels were a bit crunchy although I expect we will get used to them.
    @lilo003: No, I don't add liquid fabric softener because LO has highly sensitive skin and always seems to have a rash somewhere. However, I hate the crunchy feel of the towels once they come out. Someone remarked that it was a nice exfoliant after the shower but it really doesn't make you look forward to getting out of the water. LO and I are prone to having broken skin with our dryness and rashes, so even if I could get used to the crunchiness, I'd hate to subject it to her. You can try adding vinegar to your Downy ball, or as we do, stick it in the dryer for about ten minutes. I hear fabric softener coats the towel fibers and makes them less absorbent.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @sweet sparrow Haven't tried these, but I've heard black bean brownies can be very good. Seems this one lists the subs you need, and you can omit the nuts.

http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-glu...bean-brownies/
    @Natalka: I actually have tried this one, but it uses eggs and one of her children is highly allergic. It's not bad, but there is a distinct beany flavour to them. My mother also noticed that the black beans marketed in the PC brand line are actually mislabeled red beans. She purchases them dry and said she would get something very different if she requested black beans from her grocer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

A little tired this a.m. but I have the 4 little ones for 4 hours so that ought to wake me up! DD has a concert tonight with her friend and thankfully DH will pick them up as her parents are dropping them off. We also have out of town company arriving very late tonight for the weekend so I told them where the key was and to let themselves in if we were all sleeping-we are good friends and they will just hit the sack and we wil visit tomorrow. DD will have to go to the bank after school to replace the bank card that she lost, cancelled and then found! DH also found out the hard way that the govt no longer sends out reminders of expiring licenses and license plates as his expired 3 weeks ago on his birthday and he only realized this week-apparently this just started April 1 but we were unaware-must have missed some type of press release!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka enjoy the ribs
    Natalka, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Rained overnight (put my hanging plants out so they could be watered) and is cool and overcast now. Oh well I am at work and the grass/trees need it. My honey took an overtime shift today and my teen works so its just me and the youngest for dinner. I was so looking forward to cooking with my man tonight but will have to wait till tomorrow night . So not sure what DS and I will make but will figure it out.
    Laundry- I have lots and will start it tonight at 7. Starting with my bed sheets.
    Posting stuff for sale- That is on the list too. Will pull a bunch of stuff from spare room tonight while doing laundry and post for sale since we are around this weekend. Moving stuff out of spare room tonight so my honey can set up the futon in there tomorrow. Then I can finally move all of DS's movies/games etc in there and he will have his own tv room since his brother takes over the basement. Then my family room will be so clean
    Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel and phousehold like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all. rain all night. the gardens need it.

my goal for the weekend is to list stuff to sell. start my coupon thing again .
    and limit my intereaction with negative people.
    great goals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I don't mind sharing my thoughts here. We are among friends. I am pretty sure that painting lines in the parking lot (good old white ones I am assuming) are not a direct curriculum link.

Not everything we do needs to be tied to a curriculum, but this is a community service act. I am interested to know what paint was used and the safety protocol used with the children. I imagine this in not just your regular acrylic paint? Parental permission or notification should have been involved if children were doing this. It is a work project...like a field trip...student safety is of utmost importance.

I have every belief that your views on the teacher are accurate. I also believe in trying to understand people, even if they are horrid. It is the only way they (may) change. We can only affect our own responses and behaviours.

Based on the information I have, I would be calling the principal to chat if I were you to seek understanding about the whole project and scenario at large. It doesn't sound to me like the teacher cares about your perspective...which is just as important as hers.
    thanks @Granger ,

I wrote a letter stating my concerns about the ingredients in the paint, the fact that protective gear such as rubber gloves were not provided and that we as parents should have rec'd something in writing explaining the tasks and what was involved.

My son thought it was community service, however, the teacher said no and that if the children were done their school work outside they went to paint.

I'm quite certain that this was not very well thought out, the parents should have been notified and made an informed decision based on the facts.
    Ciel, Granger and SassyAshley like this.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information