User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto
  • 4 Post By Chantel
  • 3 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By seylz_gurl
  • 1 Post By julies1949

Thread: Horrible Hanging flower Baskets and Flowers at stores - Plus they cost $$$$

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have been to at least 4-5 different stores. The quality of the hanging flower baskets is horrible. They just call it a PREMIUM basket and stick a label, but the quality is horrible.

There are hardly any flowers on it, plus I could barely see any buds on them either ! So doesn't look like flowers are coming any time soon. I don't even know what colour the flowers are going to be as there are none to see. Its not 1-2 baskets I am talking about, its a lot that are like that.

They have special prices for Mother's day, buy they are not even 25 % as good as the pictures in flyers . I go in expecting a beautiful & colourful 3-4 hanging basket for my house, but see some almost dead 50 baskets

They are not properly watered , stored and just cramped together in the wind,sun,cold etc. Basically you are buying a basket of wilted leaves

I was like this is a PREMIUM hanging basket, I don't even know what the NON-Premium looks like
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile
    Arvilish likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am not much of a gardener, but I have decided to collect used flower baskets from garage sales and buy a few flowers from the garden centre to transplant because I feel the same way as you. These baskets look like garbage, and the ones that don't are REALLY expensive.
    abbasgirl, Ciel, agarla and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Definitely it's best to get good quality ones directly from a greenhouse, check around for those in your area.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's a local convenience store that took over the adjoining storefront/parking space to open a floral plant operation. Lots of hanging baskets of geraniums on racks. Don't know the price but site is located for drive by residents to pick up new flowers for quick décor update.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

greenhouses are the way to go or Costco their plants are beautiful and very reasonable.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Take your business to the private greenhouse growers in your area. There's a reason those baskets at Walmart and Superstore are so cheap.
    Horndogg likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I used to work at WM in the garden center. I did learn so much about flowers, like names and really good care and what not to do and where not to buy flowers like WM they have the worst flowers around. I like Home Depot but have not started looking yet. We are suppose to get frost tonight so it is still early.I agree go to a local nursery or do it yourself.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Thread Information