User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Vanilla & Cherry Coke 500ml bottle prices in 2016; single cans of new pop flavours

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Sep 1st, 2016
    Aside from seeing empty cans of Vanilla Coke on walks, I have not seen this product until Wednesday in local stores. Both Vanilla Coke and Cherry Coke bottles are in stores. Just what are you will to pay to get your favourite pop?

Shoppers Drug Mart (ON)-$2.49; lots of stock of both flavours in the Coke display bin located next to the chilled drinks
    Fortinos (ON)-$2.29-both flavours are mixed into the red cardboard display bins (my local store has it in front of the milk).
    Walmart(ON) -$1.98-only saw two Cherry Cokes and one Vanilla Coke in a display bin also containing regular and diet Coke bottles. In the main aisle of the Superstore (Ancaster).
    Dollarama-haven't checked yet but their bottle pop prices were raised to $1.25 during the winter.

Who sells single cans of pop of the new flavours (Pepsi Ginger Cola, Cdn Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale and more)?

Walmart-Pepsi Ginger Cola 50 cents for one or $1 for 2. Display hanger is on the chilled drinks fridge door at the express checkout line area
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Fortinos, Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart
    GoJays and Candini like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I didn`t know Canada brought back cherry and vanilla coke? I`ve seen them at convenience stores and gas stations randomly but then again, I don`t really stroll though the pop isles in grocery stores.

I buy pop as a treat. Generally if it's a 12 pack for less than $4, which SDM usually has. That would probably be my go to price for coke ^

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I think if it was like $1.59

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I love vanilla diet coke... Although I try hard not to drink pop. May have to check it out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Aside from seeing empty cans of Vanilla Coke on walks, I have not seen this product until Wednesday in local stores. Both Vanilla Coke and Cherry Coke bottles are in stores. Just what are you will to pay to get your favourite pop?

Shoppers Drug Mart (ON)-$2.49; lots of stock of both flavours in the Coke display bin located next to the chilled drinks
    Fortinos (ON)-$2.29-both flavours are mixed into the red cardboard display bins (my local store has it in front of the milk).
    Walmart(ON) -$1.98-only saw two Cherry Cokes and one Vanilla Coke in a display bin also containing regular and diet Coke bottles. In the main aisle of the Superstore (Ancaster).
    Call me cheap, but I'm not willing to pay $2+ for a single serving of any pop. Not when I know I can occasionally get a 2L bottle for half that or as low as ~$1

Dollarama-haven't checked yet but their bottle pop prices were raised to $1.25 during the winter.
    That's closer to what I'll pay for convenience and for chilled.

Who sells single cans of pop of the new flavours (Pepsi Ginger Cola, Cdn Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale and more)?
    I've seen cans all around... SDM, Dollarama, Gas/convenience stores... just never really check the prices because I'm usually not interested in paying CS prices for pop... that or I'll dive for the 89c any-size fountain pop, if I'm thirsty at all.

Walmart-Pepsi Ginger Cola 50 cents for one or $1 for 2. Display hanger is on the chilled drinks fridge door at the express checkout line area
    50c for 1... or $1 for 2?? Wow, whoever put that display sign up is a spot-on mathlete! I wonder if they can figure out how much for 4?
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, May 14th, 2016 at 04:53 PM.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In the interest of flavoured pop...

Has anyone encountered these "new" interactive soda fountains usually can dispense flavoured varieties on the fly? I started seeing them in the US a few years ago (primarily Coca-Cola brands, the machines were dubbed "freestyle") in restaurants like Five Guys, Smash Burger, etc.

And Subway in Canada has been recently rolling out similar interactive Pepsi fountains (named "Spire"). They have a touchscreen instead of the usual individual levered fountains. From the touch screen you select your soda of choice from a plethora of varieties including Real Sugar Pepsi (formerly called Throwback) plus the other usual suspects... as well as the ability in the sub-options to add cherry, vanilla, lemon, lime, etc flavouring to your selection.

My favourite concoction so far has been Orange Crush with Vanilla flavouring... winds up tasting like creamsicles.

Attachment 311953Attachment 311956
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, May 14th, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Have tried the Pepsi Ginger when I got a 12 pack on sale ($3.67 - $2.00 = $1.67), and I find it not the greatest, I find that as I drank it, it burnt my throat and did not have a very nice flavour to it. We still have 10 cans and will not be drinking them (we'll give them to guests that we don't like so much)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    In the interest of flavoured pop...

Has anyone encountered these "new" interactive soda fountains usually can dispense flavoured varieties on the fly? I started seeing them in the US a few years ago (primarily Coca-Cola brands, the machines were dubbed "freestyle") in restaurants like Five Guys, Smash Burger, etc.

And Subway in Canada has been recently rolling out similar interactive Pepsi fountains (named "Spire"). They have a touchscreen instead of the usual individual levered fountains. From the touch screen you select your soda of choice from a plethora of varieties including Real Sugar Pepsi (formerly called Throwback) plus the other usual suspects... as well as the ability in the sub-options to add cherry, vanilla, lemon, lime, etc flavouring to your selection.

My favourite concoction so far has been Orange Crush with Vanilla flavouring... winds up tasting like creamsicles.

Attachment 311953Attachment 311956
    Yes, we use them when we have a ball tournament in western Ontario - London, St. Thomas, etc. McDonald's has them. There are varieties that I've never even heard of. Not just pop either, but PowerAid type drinks too. The kids love the machines, it's a huge treat for them as I don't usually let them have pop. Personally, I can't stand the stuff. If I want something fizzy to drink, I'll have a club soda.... or a beer.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@bhlombardy - we have a thread somewhere about the Coke Freestyle machines. Some Wendy's out in the Hamilton area have them and some Cineplex locations as well. When the Ancaster Wendy's finished its renovations, the ad in the paper emphasized the new pop machine in the "we're open again" statement.

Local Shoppers store had on the cardboard display (where the Coke labels have words (Regular Coke) or are the Vanilla or Cherry flavours), 3 for $5 or $2.39 each until May 19 special. (That means the SDM flyer is 6 days only due to the long weekend?)

Food Basics store also carries the Cherry Coke (did not see Vanilla bottles in the display bin) but price is not shown.
    There's also a Pepsi Ginger Cola 591 ml bottle bin in the same area of the store.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Have tried the Pepsi Ginger when I got a 12 pack on sale ($3.67 - $2.00 = $1.67), and I find it not the greatest, I find that as I drank it, it burnt my throat and did not have a very nice flavour to it. We still have 10 cans and will not be drinking them (we'll give them to guests that we don't like so much)
    Search online for that easy cake recipe that needs a can of carbonated water or pop, 1 boxed cake mix, and some frozen fruit. Easiest dessert to mix together and bake. Besides, ginger works well in some cake mixes (try it with a chocolate mix).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobeys Extra Ancaster-all Coke products in 500ml bottles are $1.79 until June 2! Displays are near checkouts 7&8.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobeys has extended the $1.79 price into July. Find the cardboard bins by the coffee bar at the Ancaster store. A few hanging sleeves are in the pop/ice cream/seasonal section.

Rexall shows in its new flyer a $1.99 price.

Food Basics had its bin marked (finally) with a $2.19 price tag.

DollarTree Ancaster has the pop at $1.25.

Have not seen any Diet vanilla Coke anywhere-must be a US only find or maybe at the Wendy Freestyle pop machine?
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jun 15th, 2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: corrected dollar store name

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Dollar Tree has both flavors for $1.25 a bottle as well.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Son picked me up a Cherry Coke at 7-Eleven - 310ml for 1.29; it's funny to see such a slim can.
    Haven't tried it yet, I'll have it tomorrow.

Today, I'm totally enjoying this mix of iced tea and blueberry lemonade - it's absolutely awesome. Can is size of two cans, so my son and I shared it.

Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I love cherry coke brings be back to my teenage years
    Ciel likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information