• 1 Post By flemeth
  • 1 Post By lotsasavings
  • 6 Post By lotsasavings
  • 2 Post By ReallySC
  • 1 Post By carlyincanada

Thread: Sobeys (ON) maple leaf deal

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great deal! They were also on sale, grillems and juicy jumbos were $2.99 and bacon or ready crisp bacon was on sale for $3.99. So you bought 3 and got a grillems and ready crisp bacon for free. I don't think it was in the flyer.

Also they had Lou's peameal bacon on for $4.99 and you got johnsonville sausages and shredded hashbrowns for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Sobeys

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gonna be prowling those aisles sometime today! thanks!
    dededi and tara22ca like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting. I saw the same at my local Sobey's and they also had other Maple Leaf deals as well...it was a bit overwhelming!

Can't recall all the details but I think there was (1) free bacon when you buy a ML or Schneiders ham, (2) the bacon had the new peelies on it ie. buy 2 get one free and (3) the deal you noted above. There was lots of Ready crisp but none with the peelie coupon pack.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

arrrggh! All these great deals for stuff I shouldn't be eating......it's just mot fair. lol!! Great post @tara22ca
    carlyincanada and tara22ca like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks OP sweet deals
    tara22ca likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It was really confusing..the poor cashier

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Wow! Another amazing Maple Leaf/Schneiders promo! Thanks for posting about this one!

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

From those of you who have already done this deal, are the Grill'ems and Ready Crisp Bacon automatically marked as FREE on your receipt or does the cashier have to manually deduct the prices of the 2 items that are FREE when you purchase 3 specific Maple Leaf/Schneiders items?

Even though the sale prices from last week are no longer the same, my local Sobeys still has the sign up and I'm wondering how much of a hassle it will be at the check-out to get the FREE items.

Thanks for any help!
    carlyincanada likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    From those of you who have already done this deal, are the Grill'ems and Ready Crisp Bacon automatically marked as FREE on your receipt or does the cashier have to manually deduct the prices of the 2 items that are FREE when you purchase 3 specific Maple Leaf/Schneiders items?

Even though the sale prices from last week are no longer the same, my local Sobeys still has the sign up and I'm wondering how much of a hassle it will be at the check-out to get the FREE items.

Thanks for any help!
    To answer my own question, I asked the person in the meat department how it works so she checked for me.

After 3 packages of Schneiders or Maple Leaf wieners are scanned, the Ready Crisp bacon rings through automatically as FREE (the price shows up on the receipt and then is deducted automatically). The Grill'Ems have peelie stickers on them so the cashier can remove that as she scans the Grill'Ems and then deducts the price. So you pay for the 3 packages of wieners (and use coupons if you have them) and then the Ready Crisp bacon (regular $6.49) and the Grill'Ems (regular $6.49) are both FREE.

The offer is still running for at least another week. The meat department person didn't know when it would end since there is no end date on the promotional sign.

This weekend, May 27-29, is a bonus 15X Air Miles WUB $75.00 or more so I took advantage of both deals yesterday. (The $75.00 minimum is BEFORE coupons.)
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Sat, May 28th, 2016 at 10:43 AM.
    redfox, rayray, hcao and 3 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    To answer my own question, I asked the person in the meat department how it works so she checked for me.

After 3 packages of Schneiders or Maple Leaf wieners are scanned, the Ready Crisp bacon rings through automatically as FREE (the price shows up on the receipt and then is deducted automatically). The Grill'Ems have peelie stickers on them so the cashier can remove that as she scans the Grill'Ems and then deducts the price. So you pay for the 3 packages of wieners (and use coupons if you have them) and then the Ready Crisp bacon (regular $6.49) and the Grill'Ems (regular $6.49) are both FREE.

The offer is still running for at least another week. The meat department person didn't know when it would end since there is no end date on the promotional sign.

This weekend, May 27-29, is a bonus 15X Air Miles WUB $75.00 or more so I took advantage of both deals yesterday. (The $75.00 minimum is BEFORE coupons.)
    I just learned this the hard way with the help of a very nice cashier ... Sobey's has Red Hots on sale (b3 for $2.49 each) right beside the promo sign so I grabbed a Ready Crisp and a Three Cheese/Jalapeno Grill'ems. Saw the ready crisp deduct automatically but not the grill'ems. Cashier went back to the meat dept to check it out only to realize both of us missed the coupon right on the package. She had grabbed another coupon and let me keep the one on the package

Between the free Old El Paso bowls w/ lean ground purchase and the ML/Schneiders free products, it was a good shop at Sobeys!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Just wondering if Sobeys Price much any other stores? TYIO

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Thanks for posting! Great deal!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by svetaru View Post
    Just wondering if Sobeys Price much any other stores? TYIO
    Sobeys does not price match