User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Really, Additionelle? THESE didn't sell?!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You know...it just boggles my mind thinking of just WHAT in the world the designers for Additionelle and Penningtons are thinking?!! Who are they and what planet are they from?!
    Here are a couple of examples of what they feel a well-dressed client should consider wearing...and people wonder why we shop in the US stores like Macy's, JCPenny, etc in their plus-size departments!!

Now this is sweet, isn't it? ON a 12-YEAR OLD!!! Has no one informed those designers that looking like a teenager's bed-sheet is NOT attractive?!

Oh. I love this one..doesn't it just scream: "Here's what I REALLY want to look like, but I DON'T under this!!!"

This one requires no explanation, I hope! But...why advertise it?!!

Now you just have to love the fact that this one is shiny! How else can one maximize our boobs and tummy? Of course, the winch holding up her boobs is attractive, of course, but the best part is the gathered bottom, cinched in at the hips by a wide band that accentuates the fullness in one's tummy! And did I mention the shine helps acheive that??

Leggings. Enough said.
    And no. None of those tops, draped over this monstrosity will help.

Okay. I've had my vent.
    Next stop: Macy's in March for my summer clothes. Unless I stick to this diet and drop one more size!! Oh...I'll still shop in Macy's, only in quite another clothing department.
    This is jmho only....There are attractive clothes out there for larger women, I've seen them, I own them and no, they're not more expensive.
    Just more tasteful.

To quote "MY GUYS" on NFL Sunday morning..."C'mon, man!!!!"
    Get with it, designers!!! (and I use the term loosely)
    This thread is currently associated with: Addition Elle, Penningtons, Reitmans
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

wow,that is bad..i have to shop in these stores for the fact normal shirts dont fit my boobs.i cant see any plus size woman i know wanting any of those pieces.my sister has always been plus size but she dresses very sharp.she is able to buy pants in regular size like me,but gets them tailored to fit the petiteness of her legs like i have to...i wish they would get better designers..it's depressing.i know for a fact that draping yourself in a busy pattern and a bad cut ruin an outfit,and figure.that top with the halter was just bad...who saw that as flattering?

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, those are all VERY sad.... there are SO many more wonderful, pretty, flattering options out there! (please, please, Roaman's in the US - let us order from you! I think it's time for my every-few-months email to them again!).

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I worked at additionelle last year, and i can agree that a LOT of the things that they bring in are super hideous. However at the same time, styles of clothing look VERY different from person to person. It was a rule that I had to wear clothing from the store while I was working, which really ticked me off. I could barely fit into anything they sold!! I guess you could say I have a super hour glass figure... I fit into a 14 petite for pants, but wore a medium - large in regular size for tops (I am also a 36B). EVERY top I tried on there literally looked like a burlap sack was just thrown on top of me.

I would have women come in that were 4x and would be asking me to grab them tights and really tight shirts that were a size down from their actual size. Then they would come out of the change room and ask me how they looked What was I supposed to say!?!? lol.

I talked many women out of things that are like what is pictured above... I would be have a sit down lecture EVERY other shift about not meeting my sales quota... and about lying to people about how they looked to get my sales back up. I'm not down with that, so I ended up quitting.

ANYWAYS... I think it's kind of sad that they have to put out clothes that aren't flattering at all for bigger women. Because a lot of them especially if they are younger just want to fit in and wear what everyone else is wearing. I'm sorry for saying this but some people should know their limits!! It's not hard to dress tasteful and be bigger.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Not all of their clothes are bad! I've found some awesome pieces in there that I LOVE Yes those are horrible but it's still my favorite clothing store lol
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I actually kind of like the corset shirt...The rest is a little um odd...
    I think the tights are ok too just needs a dress or much longer shirt to cover. I don't even wear shirts that short with tights and I'm a size 0-2! It's totally not flattering when your all hanging out in a pair of almost see through tights and have a t-shirt on...Keep the t-shirt with jeans, and wear dresses and long sweaters with tights!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I think the last 3 pics are all cute

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I worked at additionelle last year, and i can agree that a LOT of the things that they bring in are super hideous. However at the same time, styles of clothing look VERY different from person to person. It was a rule that I had to wear clothing from the store while I was working, which really ticked me off. I could barely fit into anything they sold!! I guess you could say I have a super hour glass figure... I fit into a 14 petite for pants, but wore a medium - large in regular size for tops (I am also a 36B). EVERY top I tried on there literally looked like a burlap sack was just thrown on top of me.

I would have women come in that were 4x and would be asking me to grab them tights and really tight shirts that were a size down from their actual size. Then they would come out of the change room and ask me how they looked What was I supposed to say!?!? lol.

I talked many women out of things that are like what is pictured above... I would be have a sit down lecture EVERY other shift about not meeting my sales quota... and about lying to people about how they looked to get my sales back up. I'm not down with that, so I ended up quitting.

ANYWAYS... I think it's kind of sad that they have to put out clothes that aren't flattering at all for bigger women. Because a lot of them especially if they are younger just want to fit in and wear what everyone else is wearing. I'm sorry for saying this but some people should know their limits!! It's not hard to dress tasteful and be bigger.
    Oh, that's so sad, Hon.....making a person walk out of there, knowing she'll look like a stuffed sausage when she goes out in public. I did not know about sales quotas there...geez...no wonder they can sell the crap they carry!
    It's a shame younger women, teenagers, feel that they have to follow a certain fashion which looks fine on a size 6, (hip hugger jeans and a short top!) but is absolutely sleezy on a heavy gal. Makes them look more like the "people of Walmart" than anyone else! No top can hide hips and thighs in those leggings! Like Natalka said, there are beautiful clothes for every age, shape and size...the thing is finding them in one's home town! Not always easy, but they are on-line, too. You're right: it's not hard to dress tasteful...!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, that's so sad, Hon.....making a person walk out of there, knowing she'll look like a stuffed sausage when she goes out in public. I did not know about sales quotas there...geez...no wonder they can sell the crap they carry!
    It's a shame younger women, teenagers, feel that they have to follow a certain fashion which looks fine on a size 6, (hip hugger jeans and a short top!) but is absolutely sleezy on a heavy gal. Makes them look more like the "people of Walmart" than anyone else! No top can hide hips and thighs in those leggings! Like Natalka said, there are beautiful clothes for every age, shape and size...the thing is finding them in one's home town! Not always easy, but they are on-line, too. You're right: it's not hard to dress tasteful...!
    Oh yeah! I see a ton of bigger girls wearing those tights with tshirts and/or tunics. I don't understand it! I mean awesome for you that you have the confidence to wear stuff like that, but don't you look at yourself in a mirror before you leave? lol.

The sales quotas were ridiculous. A week after I was hired and put on the floor by myself my quota for a 5 hour shift was $1,300. Are you kidding me?!? I think I sold $250 worth in that shift. The next day I spent my shift unpacking and hanging the new shipment of clothing as a 'punishment'. Talk about boring...

The sad thing was I didn't even need the job, it was a part-time on top of my other two jobs... I was just trying to build up hours so I could get more $$ while I was on matt leave.

On another note... by the time I was 18 I weighed almost 300lbs... I always shopped at Torrid.com because I found they had stylish clothing for younger people. Not all of it looked horrendous either, . Once I started losing all the weight I fell in love with Ricki's, they carry up to size 18!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

this is what happens when the people designing clothes are not thinking about the ones wearing them. they take whatever happens to be selling well everywhere else and enlarge the design. the halter top is the worst of the bunch. it makes the bust look tiny and the belly look huge. the tights would be fine if the top was longer (mid-thigh)
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

LOL!!! Lynn you kill me

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

As with plus size and petite I just don't understand why they can't make regular clothes bigger or smaller.

That drives me nuts when you see something at Reitmans (or whatever store) in the regular size and it's a bit too tight, so I go to the plus size, but they don't have the same style or colour!

I like Rickis as well.
    Last edited by ame555; Tue, Nov 29th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Does that shirt say apple bottoms? Hell, my shirt would have to read watermelon ass lol
    gameprogirl and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Lynn, please post a warning in the title for members to empty their bladders before reading .
    gameprogirl likes this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I saw that apple bottoms shirt online and thought yeah, that image is exactly what I want to look like - shapeless! You have to look hard, but the nice stuff is out there.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information