• 3 Post By Arvilish
  • 1 Post By Purdee
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: Bank of Montreal: the Bad-News-Bank

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In response to their SMILE $400 Promotion which offers a non taxable $350 cash bonus paid into their Premium chequing account Dec 31st/16 by keeping a min $5000 in the account, performing 1 deposit, 1 direct deposit, 2 bill payments....

I signed up Online then went into the branch across from my building to complete the account-opening process: cheque in hand, work ID, credit card, passport -- only to find 3 guys closeted in their sealed glass offices, doors shut.....looking at their phones.

Two tellers on duty and I was 6th in line.

A solid half hour later......I was still in the line, the guys in the offices, still looking at their phones.

Nobody to talk-to; after a half-hour left empty handed without the new account.

Wrote BMO an email which was bounced back.

Wrote another to their FEEDBACK dept and monday morning I received a reply......offering to escalate my complaint to the manager of the branch that wouldn't serve me.

Not a mention about completing my already started new account opening process.

I didn't sign up for drama, I signed up for a new banking relationship.

BOTTOM LINE: People working at the Bank of Montreal just don't care about their customers, prospective clients nor the bank.

Whether it's in the branch or their feedback center.

An inauspicious start.....

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by moneytalks; Wed, Jul 27th, 2016 at 08:58 AM.
    Ciel, coupongirl99, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I agree but quite frankly, most financial institutions are like this. One or 2 tellers open, big long line - then I love when either 1 teller just up and shuts down to go on a break and no one replaces them or the teller and the customer at the wicket strike up a looooong winded conversation - How are the kids? Did you see the game? Wasn't that a storm we had? blah blah blah. It's no wonder people prefer ATM and online banking.
    Ciel, Poirot, dededi and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, my banks aren't too bad, PC Financial, so only ATM's but I can make change and whatnot when I am at a CIBC branch. And Meridian Credit Union is pretty good, always at least 2 or 3 tellers open when I go (Pickering).
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

This is sadly normal at most banks. Makes me wish I could have a job where it was normal to work as slow as possible no matter how long a line-up there is.
    Ciel, coupongirl99, dededi and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

At my bank it is the receptionist job to walk and down the line and try to get people to go to the bank machine vs the teller to "save time" and she will actually fight with you if you say you want to see a teller, telling you, you are better off to go to ATM it is faster and less hassle. My question is less hassle for who?
    Ciel, coupongirl99 and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

^^^^ Seriously??? Wow, talk about job insecurity LOL!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    At my bank it is the receptionist job to walk and down the line and try to get people to go to the bank machine vs the teller to "save time" and she will actually fight with you if you say you want to see a teller, telling you, you are better off to go to ATM it is faster and less hassle. My question is less hassle for who?
    I'm guessing that if

1)there's a long line-up
    2) there's no-one using the ATMs

then it makes sense for some people to use them in preference to a teller.

Since I only go on to either make a large deposit or withdrawal, I'd rather use the teller, smaller amounts I'm happy to use the ATMs..
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, my bank is really good. if there is a lineup the person at reception will get up and assist too. I'd go to another location to open your a/c if that is possible.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in a smaller town outside of Ottawa and I can usually just walk up to the teller. I have never had more than 1 person in front of me!
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My response is usually "oh? And what would you call this? Hassling me to use an ATM..."
    Ciel, SassyAshley and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My RBC does the same thing!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and Davetherave like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

it's not just RBC, it's other banks too. I don't and can't line up for an hour to see a teller anymore 'cause i have a little one with me (6.5 months old), she would scream her head off if we have to line up that long. I've been using the drive through ATM for withdrawal and deposit now, that way i don't have to line up and i don't have to drag her out in a stroller/carrier. And if she decides to scream we'd be in our car.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd be tempted to say "when did your bank's ATMs start dispensing various bills and coin rolls?"
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    it's not just RBC, it's other banks too. I don't and can't line up for an hour to see a teller anymore 'cause i have a little one with me (6.5 months old), she would scream her head off if we have to line up that long. I've been using the drive through ATM for withdrawal and deposit now, that way i don't have to line up and i don't have to drag her out in a stroller/carrier. And if she decides to scream we'd be in our car.
    I only have account with RBC and even I cannot afford that
    Davetherave likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information