• 1 Post By bullet tooth
  • 2 Post By torikul
  • 1 Post By bullet tooth

Thread: Sale Event: An Updated Review

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello, lovely people!

There is a thread located at http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/409735-...-store-canada/ in this store review section that was posted late last year, expressing some concerns about a lack of communication from this online store.

I replied to the Original Poster to tell her that things have really changed, and they are totally pro now with getting back to customer queries, but it got me thinking about how many people (448 last I saw) viewed that review and probably got a pretty poor impression of www.SaleEvent.ca and I feel that it is appropriate, & to me, anyway, kinda necessary, to clear up any misconceptions that may still be a-brewin' amongst our intrepid forum members!

So, I hope that this does not ruffle any feathers, but I'd like to post my (very much) edited & plumped up reply here in this fresh new thread, so that, it is my hope, people can view it anew, and update their opinion of what is in my opinion a truly superior shopping option for beauty products!

-----

The cosmetics shopping www.SaleEvent.ca used to be fairly lax with response habits, but time changes all things, so the good news is: just try again now! They have seriously upped their game, communication wise, and now even have a function (right there in the bottom right corner of their page) to leave a written message for the guy, Mark, who runs the show (at least the online one, I'm not on that intimate a basis with him, lol), who will email you back as quickly as he can, and always with kindness and professionalism. I think that it may be a little slower if you go through Facebook, but I cannot quite remember, as I usually go directly to the site. I cannot imagine that he would let anything go totally unanaswered on Facebook, either, though -- as I said, their improvement has been vast!

I have ordered from them several times, happily, and the only time they messed up, some time ago, was by forgetting to pack a single item, then on top of it there was some confusion, partially my fault, with my shipping address on file. All the same, they refunded me the entirety of my money for the item, and in a shocking turn, sent me FOUR bottles of the stuff as a replacement & apology ... on purpose! That blew me away, for sure. I don't mean to tell you that they will do this for everyone, but it was a gesture extended to me at that time that I remember and still appreciate now.

Since then, they have not made a misstep -- one time, the Revlon PhotoReady Primer I got smelled a little yucky, due to it being a little past its prime (looool, see what I did there?) according to the Beauty Adviser at Shoppers Drug Mart who I had asked even prior to that when the store tester smelled identically, but more intensely, funky. However, that was a supplier issue that should not have happened, as it was supposed to be brand new product. They refunded me fully & immediately! No fuss! Just genuine apology. You don't get condescension from these folks.

They also do NOT run you around asking for expensive-to-ship returns or "proof:" photos, long explanations, or dreaded batch numbers (on usually already-discarded containers!), the way that some online stores do -- treating honest customers who have legitimate transaction issues like scheming lil scammers trying to run a con job for a whopping six buck profit. They just refund, or refund & replace, depending on the issue, and the amount of sassy attitude you receive about it is ZERO. I love that part! With how often it has happened to me in my extensive online shopping career, I can tend to take it a little personally when a store representative accuses me (sometimes shamelessly & openly!) of trying to rip them off for some whopping profit of the cost of a tub of cream cheese. Ridiculous! If I really wanted to rip someone off, why wouldn't I just palm something off a shelf at Walmart and waddle my big criminal ass outta there? That's a lot easier than the retailer having your name & address on file, as well as all communication written in black & white. Ugh! But again, I have digressed.

Another absolutely delightful sales behaviour they exhibit is that in every single parcel I have received, they included a (full-size) FREE item -- last time it was a brand new (of course) Cover Girl mascara that goes for about $13 at Shoppers.

For those poor souls, myself included, without possession of a credit card for ease in online buying, something I truly, truly cannot praise enough is that they accept PayPal! Incredible! So convenient, so thoughtful of them.

They ship FAST, too. I've gotten some shipments within two days, to my absolute delight. Even in rush periods, a parcel from them has never taken more than a week.

For posterity: I do NOT work for or with them, or profit in any way from gushing about them or sharing the discount code, but it doesn't stop me from doing things like just this week rambling on my personal Facebook page about how great they are and sharing this story:

Recently, I ordered some products that were almost impossibly inexpensive, such as a few of those Maybelline Tattoo eye shadow pots I'd been pouting over being unable to justify the full retail cost of purchase to myself and my budget, until I found the little darlings at Sale Event, and I received everything I ordered in a flash, each item fresh, new, & flawless -- opening those parcels is like mini-Christmas, every time! I'm even excited now for my next order.

After trying out all my new goodies, I spent a little bit of time writing reviews on the products with much more detail and care than could be found within the very few submissions that were already present on the site (most people would write something like, "Great product, fast shipping," and call it a day, but I devoted my time & effort to creating a little paragraph on each product about the Pros, Cons, and any Surprises or Special Features -- hey, it was the middle of a dreadfully boring night, I'd had some coffee way too late in the day, and I was still riding the high from my new "Christmas gifts"!)

In the Leave a Message box, I'd asked Mark if there were any current coupon codes for customers, as I could not find anything from my quick Google search. I didn't expect anything, really, but as the saying goes, "It doesn't hurt to ask." I was already satisfied that the shipping is always free for Canadians on orders over $49 which an unbelievably easy amount to reach (and surpass!) despite the low price point of each individual thing -- you could replace your makeup collection in its entirely for cheaper than the cost of a nice new jacket.

He replied in the morning saying that the night prior, the site had received an influx of great product reviews and that he suspected that they were from me -- right on, Mark, they sure were! So not only did they/he notice, but they/he appreciated it! Really, how often does THAT happen?! He even showed that gratitude for my work by making me a special coupon code, just for me, for 15% off my entire order! That has never happened to me before, not from any retailer with whom I've conducted business.

Even more recently, I decided to give it another whirl, despite not having submitted any more reviews -- I asked if there was an active coupon code. Really, if positions were reversed, I would have taken a moment or more to consider whether it was even worth answering such a gimme-gimme question, so I again expected nothing, except maybe for him to politely and concisely decline my silly request.

Nah, not our man Mark! This guy is all class:

HE REACTIVATED THE PREVIOUS CUSTOM COUPON CODE FOR ME!!!

I honestly couldn't believe it -- how nice can one dude be, really?

I was and remain so impressed by the repeated kindnesses that, as I mentioned, I tried to strong-arm my Facebook friends into doing some shopping there, which I told Mark within my grateful response email, since y'all and Facebook don't have the only ears (eyes) I yak off, and he did something that REALLY surprised me, but it shouldn't have, with his proven pattern of awesomeness.

Mark took it upon himself to make a coupon code just for my friends, to get 10% off THEIR orders, whether they be a new customer or otherwise (unlike www.Well.ca which is another of my favourite stores [please see discount code in my signature!] where you have to either be new or simply use a new email address if you've recently changed yours).

If anybody wants that discount shopping code, just PM me, since I do not think it would go over very well with our beloved Mods for me to post it here, since I already have the maximum two referral codes in my signature. I don't get any kickback from it or anything, I just want to share the love

Besides Mark and his lovely gestures, the makeup is always new (apart from that one gaffe that was beyond their control) and in excellent condition -- this bears repeating. In addition, costs are up to 75% off what you'd pay even somewhere like Walmart.

I buy as much of my beauty & cosmetics from Sale Event as possible, ordering every several months, getting many of my gifts to others from the site, as well, as the products even arrive in gift quality packaging. Sometimes, if I don't need to buy very much, I will go in with a friend who lives nearby and combine our orders to take advantage of the free shipping, then divvy up the box when it comes, which is another option for you all if you're not a ravenous makeup monster like yours truly

If on the off chance that you do have a problem with your order, just shoot Mark an email or leave him a message on the site, and he will get back to you with lightning speed and take care of it totally and completely, with aplomb.

In summary, there's really nothing bad I can say about these folks, cannot talk them up enough to fully express my utter satisfaction, especially not after Mark's continued quest to be my favourite guy on the Internet. (He's winning by a mile.)

I've even attached a set of 'comparison pics' to show you one of my favourite lipsticks, Maybelline Superstay 14HR ('Wine and Forever' being my favourite shade, so rich and gorgeous a dark red!) as sold on www.Walmart.ca and as sold on www.SaleEvent.ca

Name:  sale event promo2.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  45.2 KB Name:  sale event promo.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  37.8 KB

Happy shopping!!! Say hi to Mark for me
    This thread is currently associated with: Maybelline, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Avon, Pharmaprix
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not bad at all.
    bullet tooth and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope you will check it out, & maybe make a purchase!
    If you PM me, I can give you that 10%-off code that the guy was nice enough not just to make for any friends of mine looking to shop, but very recently extended its validity until the end of this calendar year! Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by torikul View Post
    Not bad at all.
    dededi likes this.

Thread Information