User Tag List

homeofhappycats
    Expired
    http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/main-e.php

One of these opened near me recently. It's a big Chinese grocery store with lots of interesting stuff. I noticed their flyer is not on the list of flyers on this site. Maybe it can be added? They have weekly specials.

I'm not used to shopping at a Chinese grocery store. I think it is going to be a lot of fun. Any ideas what would be good deals there? What to avoid?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have a few near me and I love their bakery and their sushi, also this store is famous for samples, their chicken seems to be the cheapiest from the regular grocery stores. Your going to spend some time just walking around the store checking items out!

homeofhappycats
    I'm going there now. I won't be getting any frozen blood! I wonder what that is used for.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

shopped there for years, It is just about the cleanest, non-stinkiest chinese store you'll find.
    They have a lot of variety of different east asian foods.

homeofhappycats
    It was quite stinky today. The fish section just about made me gag. It didn't the other times I was there. But I got a load of stuff. They don't sell cat food, haha. I bought them some frozen fish, "Chinese Croaker".

Junior Canuck fierce_angel_6000's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love TNT! Everytime I go I pick up some dimsum. And things start to go for really cheap come closing time...like a huge dinner of noodles and dimsum for $3, sushi going for really cheap as well too. they have the most exotic looking food there too...like really strange looking fish...i'm not brave enough to try put it's fun looking at them and poking them (the frozen fish not the live).

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ill see if Boo will add it!

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

they use frozen blood as an ingredient to make specialties. its hard to explain.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by enjae View Post
    they use frozen blood as an ingredient to make specialties. its hard to explain.
    Eww, gross, lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

once the flyers up, you'll see they usually have a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables on sale. At most stores, all prepared food go on sale after 8 pm!
    Also, for those of you that buy live fish/crab/lobster/mussels/mysterious sea critters, there are great deals when they go on sale.
    The best deal I got was Ben&Jerrys for $3 a tub in Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frozen Yoghurt (the only other place I could find that flavour in toronto was Michael Angelos, an they charge $7 each)

I wouldn't recommend using coupons there because it will either get refused or you will get a lot of attitude from your cashier.

MaMaof4
    T & T sell their Hot Deli dishes at discounted prices starting at 5 pm and are further discounted as closing time nears.

You can also subscribe to its weekly specials from the T&T Website => http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/

homeofhappycats
    I've now tried both the fresh and canned Longan fruit. It's sort of like Lychee, but smooth on the outside. I don't like it. It's kind of oniony.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by enjae View Post
    It's also used in soups, the blocks, when cut, stay together.

Thread Information