User Tag List

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Deleted bunch of posts again, please stick to the topic of the thread.
    DaveP likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Donald Trump’s director of African-American outreach has an ominous warning for all who dared to criticize the Republican presidential nominee: Soon, they will have to bow down to “the most powerful man in the universe.”
    In an upcoming “Frontline” special, Omarosa Manigault told PBS that the roots of Trump’s presidential campaign may be traced back to the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, when President Barack Obama cracked a few jokes at the real estate mogul’s expense. The quips came after Trump falsely accused Obama of lying about his birthplace and citizenship, thus feeding the discredited right-wing “birther” conspiracy theory.
    “It just kept going and going and he just kept hammering him,” Manigault said. “And I thought, ‘Ohhhh, Barack Obama is starting something that I don’t know if he’ll be able to finish.”
    She said:
    “Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe.”
    Manigault made her name as the villain on the first season of Trump’s “Apprentice” reality TV series, but in the clip released online, she sounds a little more like General Zod, the villain in “Superman II.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e80b1ba15296

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Can we please not get in to personal and stay on the topic.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump campaign chair resigns over "No racism" claim

Donald Trump’s campaign chair in a crucial Ohio county has resigned after an interview with the Guardian in which she said there was no racism in America until the election of Barack Obama.
    Kathy Miller, who was coordinating the Republican nominee’s campaign in Mahoning County, apologized for her “inappropriate” remarks on Thursday and said she would no longer have a role with the campaign.
    Her resignation came just hours after the release of the first film in a series of election videos, Anywhere but Washington.
    The video included an interview with Miller in which she said there was “no racism” during the 1960s and claimed black people who have not succeeded over the past half-century only have themselves to blame.
    “If you’re black and you haven’t been successful in the last 50 years, it’s your own fault. You’ve had every opportunity, it was given to you,” she said.

“You’ve had the same schools everybody else went to. You had benefits to go to college that white kids didn’t have. You had all the advantages and didn’t take advantage of it. It’s not our fault, certainly.”
    Miller added: “I don’t think there was any racism until Obama got elected. We never had problems like this … Now, with the people with the guns, and shooting up neighborhoods, and not being responsible citizens, that’s a big change, and I think that’s the philosophy that Obama has perpetuated on America.”
    Mark Munroe, the Mahoning chair for the GOP, said he immediately contacted the Trump campaign in Ohio asking for Miller to be dismissed over her “insane comments”.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Secretary of State Clinton endorsed by NYT as Warren says Mr Trump is "making hate OK"

As Hillary Clinton prepared for the first presidential debate against Donald Trump on Monday, campaign surrogates spoke in swing states and the New York Times published a strongly worded endorsement of the former secretary of state.
    The Times’ editorial board said that as first lady, senator for New York and secretary of state, Clinton had shown herself to be “one of the most tenacious politicians of her generation”, capable of fostering bipartisan cooperation.
    It also called Trump “the worst nominee put forward by a major party in modern American history”.
    In New Hampshire, where, according to the Real Clear Politics average, Clinton holds a 44% to 38% lead, Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren accused Trump and the Republican party of “making hate OK”. In Ohio, where Trump leads by 45% to 42%, cast members from the 1990s TV show The West Wing, which portrayed an imaginary Democratic administration, hit the stump for Clinton.
    Echoing concerns among Democrats about motivating voters, particularly the young, to vote for a candidate who has struggled to generate campaign momentum, the Times’ editorial board argued that Trump’s negative qualities were not enough to merit an endorsement of Clinton.
    “Running down the other guy won’t suffice,” wrote the board, which is separate from the newsroom. “The best case for Hillary Clinton cannot be, and is not, that she isn’t Donald Trump. The best case is, instead, about the challenges this country faces, and Mrs Clinton’s capacity to rise to them.

“A lifetime’s commitment to solving problems in the real world qualifies Hillary Clinton for this job, and the country should put her to work,” the editorial board added.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Gennifer Flowers agrees to join Mr Trump at presidential debate

Bill Clinton’s ex-mistress Gennifer Flowers says she will accept Donald Trump’s offer to sit in the front row during Monday night’s debate against Hillary Clinton.
    Saturday afternoon Flowers responded to Trump’s offer on Twitter expressing her support for the Republican nominee and saying she will “definitely” be at the upcoming debate.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Are older Americans more likely to vote Republican

Older Americans are more likely to vote and, when they do, they vote Republican. That’s how the conventional wisdom goes, anyway. The reality is a little more complex.
    In the last presidential election, 72% of Americans age 65 and over voted, compared to just 41% of those age 18 to 24. Though that gap in turnout is huge, the fact that it exists is hardly surprising – it’s a pretty well-known fact that the older an American is, the more likely they are to vote. But that wasn’t always the case – as recently as 1990, Americans age 45 to 64 were as likely to vote as those age 65 and over. And in the elections of 1964 and 1968, Americans who were 25 to 44 years old were slightly more likely to cast a ballot than the oldest voters.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

How Donald Trump could legally make himself richer while in office

And how his businesses could get him in legal trouble

A couple dozen television cameras and twice as many reporters gathered Sept. 16 at Donald Trump’s new Washington, D.C. hotel for what was billed as a news conference. But first, the candidate had something else in mind. “Nice hotel,” he said with an exaggerated nod toward those watching live on TV at the start of the event, which was broadcast live on three cable stations. Less than an hour later, he invited news cameras to accompany him on a tour of the property, the second time in as many months he had used his campaign to promote his newest property.
    This was all a part of the Trump way. From his first flirtations with running for office two decades ago Trump has made no practical distinction between his political interests and his business promotion. The braggadocious showman has hawked bespoke water and a long-defunct steak business, while taking his campaign to five golf courses in two countries, three hotels and a winery. Should he win the White House, he has publicly suggested he would retain ownership of his empire, while passing day-to-day control to his children. That would make a Trump presidency unlike any in modern American history, with a commander in chief who is able to directly influence his net worth almost daily from the Oval Office.
    Could he profit from promoting his holdings in office? Absolutely, say legal scholars. Just as there is no law barring a candidate from using his soapbox to make money during a campaign, Trump will be able to promote businesses he continues to own from the West Wing podium. He would also have wide latitude to take official acts that benefit his empire. “There would be nothing that would preclude him from making a decision on trade or otherwise that could impact, for better or worse, those interests,” says Don Fox, the former General Counsel and Acting Director of the Office of Government Ethics. “It simply would not be a violation of law.”

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I don't think she will actually be there. This was in response to Clinton having Mark Cuban there for her.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I don't think she will actually be there. This was in response to Clinton having Mark Cuban there for her.

From what i've been seeing from Mr Trump's camp. she was invited but has declined to attend or the campaign refused to pay for her flights. Both theories are being pushed out from differing Trump campaign spokesfolkes.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, Sep 25th, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Op-ed from The Inquisitr

Gennifer Flowers, Juanita Broaddrick and Paula Jones are three skeletons in the Clintons’ closet, and they all want a front row seat to this year’s first presidential debate.
    “Gennifer Flowers,” Donald Trump tweeted in response to Hillary Clinton inviting Mark Cuban to the first presidential debate, where he’ll be sitting smack dab in the first row.
    The presidential debate, which is set for Monday night, is causing mass speculation over who each candidate will try and get to sit in the front row in order to cause as much preoccupation and discomfort as possible to their fellow running mate. Hillary Clinton has given that job to Mark Cuban, a former reality TV star and owner of the Dallas Mavericks.
    Cuban pledged his support to Clinton earlier this year, and according to Business Insider he believes Donald Trump would be perilous to the United States if elected president. The two have engaged in combative Twitter conversations, and not long ago Cuban challenged Trump to a “policy debate,” offering the presidential nominee $10 million to do it, which Trump obviously declined.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/3540443/gen...gepymHq9hVb.99

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The first debate starts in just over 10 mins. I don't think I'm going to watch it live but try to find a brief digest tomorrow.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Isn't The Inquisitr a terribly unreliable site? Hope you can find some other sources for news - and especially when you will need a 'brief digest' of the presidential debate:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/c..._reliable.html
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Sep 26th, 2016 at 10:34 PM.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Isn't The Inquisitr a terribly unreliable site? Hope you can find some other sources for news - and especially when you will need a 'brief digest' of the presidential debate:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/c..._reliable.html
    I did note that that piece was Oped though.

I generally get my info from 8-10 different sources, a few US, some Canadian and some British. The odd Oz site as well...Russian Times for the sh!t$ and giggles.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Here's the transcript of last night's debate...http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/presid...te-transcript/

It has an embedded video in it which autoplays...

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information