User Tag List

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Is anybody going to watch Chelsea and Hillary Clinton speak tonight? I have the DNC on now but I don't think they will be on until 10.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ben Stein is a lawyer and commentator on political and economic issues
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Jul 29th, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post

Ben Stein is a lawyer and commentator on political and economic issues
    Yeah, Fox is the Trump channel. He has really tried to drive his constituents there (and to the social media sites he controls).

OTOH, every other channel is the Clinton channel, because he is sane and capable.

I have been watching the election intensely and I can say with conviction that Trump is a blundering fool.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Yeah, Fox is the Trump channel. He has really tried to drive his constituents there (and to the social media sites he controls).

OTOH, every other channel is the Clinton channel, because he is sane and capable.

I have been watching the election intensely and I can say with conviction that Trump is a blundering fool.
    Yeah, a blundering fool who is a self made billionaire, has defeated the entire roster of the Republican party to become the nominee, and stands a good chance of becoming President.

That blundering fool has already accomplished far more in his life than you can ever hope to, and I think you know it.

But whatever, you identify with the corrupt criminal because she has ladybits and isn't a Republican. I'll bet you don't know a single policy she has. Not one.

That's kinda sad.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Yeah, a blundering fool who is a self made billionaire, has defeated the entire roster of the Republican party to become the nominee, and stands a good chance of becoming President.

That blundering fool has already accomplished far more in his life than you can ever hope to, and I think you know it.

But whatever, you identify with the corrupt criminal because she has ladybits and isn't a Republican. I'll bet you don't know a single policy she has. Not one.

That's kinda sad.
    No I watched all of the speeches and I am pretty up on the polices.

I don't think it is a Clinton as a woman election so much as a Trump as an outsider election.

Clinton says if you study hard, with dedication and hard work, you can become president, little girl.

Trump OTOH lacks deep knowledge and tact and warts and all, as is, people connect with him because if an ordinary man with many flaws like him could become president, they could too, to heck with Clinton's vision of that being the culmination of years of dedication and hard work.

Trump really is a fool - it is documented in the papers every day. The question is: will the American public mind?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If americans want to elect Drumpf, let them. It won't affect us really. We survived 2 Bushes, so whatever.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    If americans want to elect Drumpf, let them. It won't affect us really. We survived 2 Bushes, so whatever.
    No this is different. Trump, as Obama pointed out in his speech today, is incompetent.

Say what you want about the Bushes, but they were competent people.

It's not right vs. left anymore, it's competence (Clinton) vs. total incompetence (Trump)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

honestly, I dislike both equally.

He is a complete fool, and there is a very thin veil disguising the real reason certain people support him.

She is evil, and can make a negative impact on a more global scale.

clearly Americans are deluded and selfish on both sides of the debate

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    GoJays, seylz_gurl and DaveP like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

He is a complete fool, and there is a very thin veil disguising the real reason certain people support him.

I don't agree with that assessment of Clinton: world leaders other than Putin have had a very negative reaction to Trump. Most see him as a global threat, with Clinton the choice for world stability.

President Trump fills world leaders with fear: 'It's gone from funny to really scary'
    Most of the world seems to agree a Donald Trump presidency is a disturbing possibility that would inflict unthinkable damage, Guardian reporters found
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eign-relations

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

oh, I don't see him sitting with world leaders and them taking him seriously lol.

R

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Many commentators have argued that Donald Trump’s dominance in the GOP presidential race can be largely explained by ignorance; his candidacy, after all, is most popular among Republican voters without college degrees. Their expertise about current affairs is too fractured and full of holes to spot that only 9 percent of Trump’s statements are “true” or “mostly” true, according to PolitiFact, whereas 57 percent are “false” or “mostly false”—the remainder being “pants on fire” untruths. Trump himself has memorably declared: “I love the poorly educated.”

But as a psychologist who has studied human behavior—including voter behavior—for decades, I think there is something deeper going on. The problem isn’t that voters are too uninformed. It is that they don’t know just how uninformed they are.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...#ixzz4GCWs4T6a

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the capitalist-owned type of democracy in the US is the problem, and people are too distracted by reality TV and the sale-event-of-the-month to even notice or care.

R

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This may shock you: Hillary Clinton is fundamentally honest

It’s impossible to miss the “Hillary for Prison” signs at Trump rallies. At one of the Democratic debates, the moderator asked Hillary Clinton whether she would drop out of the race if she were indicted over her private email server. “Oh for goodness – that is not going to happen,” she said. “I’m not even going to answer that question.”
    Based on what I know about the emails, the idea of her being indicted or going to prison is nonsensical. Nonetheless, the belief that Clinton is dishonest and untrustworthy is pervasive. A recent New York Times-CBS poll found that 40% of Democrats say she cannot be trusted.
    For decades she’s been portrayed as a Lady Macbeth involved in nefarious plots, branded as “a congenital liar” and accused of covering up her husband’s misconduct, from Arkansas to Monica Lewinsky. Some of this is sexist caricature. Some is stoked by the “Hillary is a liar” videos that flood Facebook feeds. Some of it she brings on herself by insisting on a perimeter or “zone of privacy” that she protects too fiercely. It’s a natural impulse, given the level of scrutiny she’s attracted, more than any male politician I can think of.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I saw that, still not a fan lol

I didn't call her a liar, I said she is evil.

Newfiescreech and DaveP like this.
    R

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Well, goddamn, I agree with anisa about something.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information