Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Clinton is inviting Meg Whitman and Mark Cuban
    Had to google her; Mark Cuban is such a jerk -
    Well, at least Hillary has two more billionaires on her side.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Had to google her; Mark Cuban is such a jerk -
    Well, at least Hillary has two more billionaires on her side.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html
    Mark Cuban is a billionaire who has made over 300 of his employees millionaires.

Trump can't say the same.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I don't think that matters.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Debate. Trump is sniffing a lot.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Missed this last week

Trump literally holds a "Two Minute Hate"

Probably my favorite novel of all time is 1984, a book that I think is often misinterpreted, cherry-picked, or interpreted far too superficially---to such an extent that I paradoxically ignore or discount anyone who makes a 1984 reference.
    But this just jumped out at me:
    And by Monday night, Trump iterated his anti-media script, indulging the crowd’s hate for reporters by letting supporters scream for two minutes at the press penned into the venue.
    This is literally … it’s … I mean Christ, why do we even have fiction anymore? What’s the point?
    This guy seriously just held a “two minutes hate.” Literally two minutes … hate. And just like the book, it was directed at a largely symbolic figure of fictional oppression, engineered by the Party as a scapegoat.
    This is a short diary, but it took a long time to write, punctuated by long periods of stunned silence. In Watership Down, the rabbits had a word called “tharn,” to describe the stunned immobility caused in animals by car headlights. I think that’s what I’m looking at here: a what-is-this-I-don’t-even event that just has my brain frozen up.
    In the novel (1984, I mean) there are a few obscure passages in the book-within-a-book that reveals the fundamental sci-fi principle behind the fictional world of Oceania. That scientists---economists, sociologists, psychologists---figured out all the mechanics behind political revolutions, and the Party used this knowledge to engineer a government that would never be overthrown. Through a combination of technology, propaganda, and burning money on perpetual war, they created economic and social conditions that would forever prevent the preconditions for a revolution. This is what makes 1984 a work of science fiction: it’s a “what if” exploration of the human condition in a world where science gives us an unusual ability, in this case the ability to control society. Orwell’s answer to this question is depressing: such an ability would first be seized by people who want to rule the world with an iron fist, and that will be the eternal end of civilization.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I don't think that matters.
    What matters?? That Mr Cuban has enriched his employees while Mr Trump has de-frauded contractors working on his projects to the extent that some had had to file for real bankruptcy.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I was responding to lecale's post, I don't think it matters that Cuban has made some of his employees millionaires - don't see what that has to do with the debate, that's all.

Debate is interesting so far.
    Hillary is so blinky, it's so distracting - too much eye makeup, maybe - or she's falling asleep...
    But when moderator addresses her, she flips on that pasted robotic smile, and goes on.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:23 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Debate. Trump is sniffing a lot.
    I wonder what he's been sniffing......

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I must say he was the best moderator of all the debates.
    The last ones were just running their own little game.
    couponlady likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trump said "No one respects women more than me" and Chris Wallace had to tell the audience to stop laughing.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I felt Hillary was wonderfully composed, factual and she brilliantly sidestepped, ignored or deflected any trash tossed her way back to Donald, and he foolishly reached out and grabbed at it! Naturally the polls showed her as the winner of this debate and the CNN fact checkers again revealed Donald was incorrect with many of his statements. No surprise there.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...bate.html?_r=0

Truly he has no memory of what he has said or not said in past interviews ( or on Hollywood Access buses ) and should he lose on Nov 8th it seems clear he has no intention of giving the proper concession speech.
    When asked a second time if he would concede if he lost he said he wanted to keep them in suspense. Such a strange " non answer ", he certainly has become more of a politician.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

walkonby likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I was responding to lecale's post, I don't think it matters that Cuban has made some of his employees millionaires - don't see what that has to do with the debate, that's all.

Debate is interesting so far.
    Hillary is so blinky, it's so distracting - too much eye makeup, maybe - or she's falling asleep...
    But when moderator addresses her, she flips on that pasted robotic smile, and goes on.
    Hillary grinned every time Trump said something stupid, not just when the moderator addressed her. But perhaps that's part of her programming. She smiled an awful lot!

Trump sniffs like a bull when he is riled up, and he sniffed his way though this entire debate. At the end he just stood there stricken as Clinton went to shake hands with the moderator and the crowd. And he still stood, there, aware that he had lost, until his family came to console him.

He even conceded that Hillary was going to win, laying out the problems that the next president would have, then saying "Good luck Hillary" because he knows she's the one that is going to deal with it, not him.

And of course he vows to be a sore loser and not recognize the results of the election, though all his surrogates insist he will. (He won't.)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    that took forever for me to go through, but lots of good stuff line by line there. ty for posting.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

When Clinton accused Trump of being Putin's puppet, Trump sputtered:

"No puppet! No puppet! You're the puppet! No, you're the puppet!"

Schoolyard-quality shrieks to respond to a serious national security matter.

How presidential is that?
    thriftygranny likes this.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information