User Tag List

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

^^^^
    I love between two ferns, my husband just shakes his head at me, says i have the sense of humour of a 15 year old!!!
    Oh natalka, don't even want to talk about bike lanes, our city approved them a few years ago and spent so much money on them and then the project was scrapped , they were dangerous and just didn't work, and really who bikes year round in this climate. It's funny our city won some kind of sustainability award for them in 2012 and the project was scrapped and most were taken out by 2014. It was a gong show and a huge waste of money.
    Natalka, ROMEO and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was just sent a link to a few articles and this one caught my eye. I am not a fan girl or anything when it comes to Sir Richard Branson, but I did feel that what he revealed about Trump in his first ever meeting with the man speaks volumes to Trumps character.

https://www.virgin.com/richard-brans...g-donald-trump
    Patty Smyth likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I was just sent a link to a few articles and this one caught my eye. I am not a fan girl or anything when it comes to Sir Richard Branson, but I did feel that what he revealed about Trump in his first ever meeting with the man speaks volumes to Trumps character.

https://www.virgin.com/richard-brans...g-donald-trump
    richard branson was a jealous prick, he couldn't compete with trump's winning celebrity apprentice.
    ROMEO likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    richard branson was a jealous prick, he couldn't compete with trump's winning celebrity apprentice.
    Because that's what counts when evaluating if someone is fit to be president: their experience on Celebrity Apprentice.

lol

30 years in government is nothing compared to a few seasons of reality tv!
    anisa, ROMEO, Patty Smyth and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There seems to be a true difference between the mentality of those who think in terms of reality shows, and those who value real life issues.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    There seems to be a true difference between the mentality of those who think in terms of reality shows, and those who value real life issues.
    So that explains the Kardashians....

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

never watched them

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Lynn49 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    So that explains the Kardashians....
    Kim Kardashian endorsed Clinton.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well, Hillary and her camp sure has their hands full now with trying to bob and weave around this latest October surprise announcement by the Director of the FBI.
    yesterday I watched all day long as every CNN blowhard that was allowed to weigh in on this " scandal ", and of course no one had ANY real news to report....ALL speculation on what was in the NEW emails!!
    The Republican party naturally are dancing in the streets at having new ammo for Donald to sling around at his last rallies before the election.
    Talk about exaggeration on his part though, he boasted " This is bigger than Watergate! " to the crowds. ( which in truth there are no similarities at all to Watergate but his supporters have no idea and eat statements like that right up )

So basically Huma ( Clinton's long time top aide and soon to be ex-wife of Anthony " I like to sext underage girls " Wiener ) had shared a device at one time with her then hubby ( a laptop maybe ) and now the FBI says that during their ongoing and most recent investigation of Anthony they have discovered new emails that were sent to and sent by Huma on this device.

I said to myself, yes.....it is their laptop so of course there are emails on there?? What is IN the emails they are not saying?? But to be clear they are NOT emails Hillary had any part of, in other words, not on Hillary's server BUT because Huma is her top aide the FBI say they must look through all of them.
    In July the FBI had cleared Hillary of any wrong doing regarding her own private email server, but now they are saying they MUST look into these ones to be very sure there is no new evidence to connect them TO Hillary and that past investigation.

The FBI may have broken one of it's own rules regarding affecting or influencing an election because in their own rules it seems they are not supposed to place doubt ( by publicly releasing their ongoing searches to the media ) on any candidate 60 days prior to the vote. This clearly affects those independent undecided voters who were THIS close to voting for Hillary over Trump.

A very tough last leg of the election now for the Democrats.
    Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

What's the odds that Comey has a job after Clinton is elected?
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Woman arrested for voting twice in Iowa

A woman in Iowa was arrested this week on suspicion of voting twice in the general election, court and police records show.
    Terri Lynn Rote, a 55-year-old Des Moines resident, was booked Thursday on a first-degree charge of election misconduct, according to Polk County Jail records. The charge is considered a Class D felony under Iowa state law.
    Rote was released Friday after posting $5,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 7.
    The Des Moines Register reported that Rote is a registered Republican who cast two ballots in the general election: an early-voting ballot at the Polk County Election Office and another at a county satellite voting location, according to police records.
    Rote hadn’t planned on voting twice but said it was “a spur-of-the-moment thing” when she walked by the satellite voting location, she told The Washington Post in a phone interview Saturday.
    “I don’t know what came over me,” Rote said.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 06:41 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    What's the odds that Comey has a job after Clinton is elected?

Comey may have broken law, top democrat says.

The Democratic leader in the US Senate says the head of the FBI may have broken the law by revealing the bureau was investigating emails possibly linked to Hillary Clinton.
    Harry Reid accused FBI director James Comey of violating an act which bars officials from influencing an election.
    News of the FBI inquiry comes less than two weeks before the US election.
    Meanwhile, the FBI has reportedly obtained a warrant to search a cache of emails belonging to a top Clinton aide.
    Emails from Huma Abedin are believed to have been found on the laptop of her estranged husband, former congressman Anthony Weiner.
    oh....and so does President Bush's ethics lawyer

The man who spent two and half years as the ethics lawyer to President George W. Bush has filed a Hatch Act complaint against FBI Director James Comey.
    Richard W. Painter wrote in a New York Times an op-ed:
    The F.B.I.’s job is to investigate, not to influence the outcome of an election.
    Such acts could also be prohibited under the Hatch Act, which bars the use of an official position to influence an election. That is why the F.B.I. presumably would keep those aspects of an investigation confidential until after the election. The usual penalty for a violation is termination of federal employment.
    And that is why, on Saturday, I filed a complaint against the F.B.I. with the Office of Special Counsel, which investigates Hatch Act violations, and with the Office of Government Ethics. I have spent much of my career working on government ethics and lawyers’ ethics, including two and a half years as the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush, and I never thought that the F.B.I. could be dragged into a political circus surrounding one of its investigations. Until this week.
    lecale and walkonby like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Jeanine Pirro defends Clinton over FBI announcement

Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro came to Hillary Clinton’s defense on Sunday, criticizing FBI Director James Comey over his recently announced investigation into new emails relating to the former secretary of state.
    “Comey’s actions violate, not only long-standing Justice Department policy, the directive of the person that he works under, the attorney general,” the former prosecutor said, referring to Loretta Lynch’s reported disagreement with Comey, “but even more important, the most fundamental rules of fairness and impartiality.”
    A vocal supporter of GOP nominee Donald Trump, Pirro said Comey’s decision to announce the investigation so near Election Day reminded her of her own experience while running for New York attorney general in 2006. She called a DOJ investigation into her practices at the time “mean-spirited, and of course, nothing came of it except the adverse publicity cost me at the polls.”
    “What was done to me in 2006 was wrong, and what happened to Hillary Clinton was equally wrong,” Pirro said. “Now this nation has already gone through an exhausting and traumatic campaign season. The FBI director should not now be front and center.”
    Clinton’s campaign and Senate Democrats are calling on Comey to clarify the nature of the investigation out of concern that it is being misused for political purposes. “This is the biggest political scandal since Watergate, and I’m sure it will be properly handled from this point,” Trump said at a rally on Friday.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, I just watched Michael Moore's 'movie' - his lovefest for Hillary. I thought I would be open-minded and give it a go, but it didn't persuade me - what did you all think of it?

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/mic...mp-1201738161/

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information