Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela273 and GoJays like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oops
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: oops double post

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Poor Hillary ( all over again ) Lets hope Hillary keeps him occupied with something else....ANYTHING else!!
    Patty Smyth and Angela273 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

24 hours to go....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

People covering Susan B Anthony's gravestone with 'I Voted" stickers

One by one, they stepped forward to place their "I Voted Today" stickers on Anthony's time-worn headstone — partaking of an Election Day tradition that has gained new meaning with the candidacy of Hillary Clinton, the former senator from New York, who could become America's first female president before the day ends.
    "I'm voting for the first woman president. As a woman, I can vote because of the sacrifices she made," said Gillian Paris of Brighton, who affixed her sticker to Anthony's marker about 7 a.m., shortly after sunrise. It was her first visit to Anthony's grave which made the occasion "a little more special."

By 9 a.m., perhaps 300 people, a large majority of them women and girls, had made the pilgrimage to the 196-acre Victorian cemetery, and a long line of voters waited their turn to approach her stone.
    The morning air was crisp and clear, and the Anthony family plot, atop one of Mount Hope's hills, was framed by stately trees with their autumn foliage brilliant in the morning sun.
    Nearly everyone who honored Anthony had friends, or strangers, take their pictures in front of the head stone — which was almost entirely covered in "I Voted" stickers, with only her name visible. Many people smiled and laughed in delight at the occasion.
    Others wept.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

1 dead, multiple people shoot near polling station

One person was killed and at least three others were wounded Tuesday in an active shooting near a polling place in Azusa.Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Scroggin said police were dealing with at least one suspect who was heavily armed.

At least of the victims was headed to the polling station to vote, a law enforcement source told The Times.
    Officers arrived to find a man with a rifle. The gunman immediately fired at least 20 shots at police, said the source.
    Under a hail of gunfire, officers took cover and returned shots at the man, who retreated into a home in the 500 block of Fourth Street, said the source, who requested anonymity because the case was ongoing. No officers were injured in the shooting.
    Officers had the suspect surrounded, and were evacuating the area, the source said.
    Few details were officially released about the shooting, which occurred sometime after 2 p.m. in a residential neighborhood in the area of Fourth Street and Orange Avenue, said Officer Jerry Willison of the Azusa Police Department.
    “This is a very volatile and critical situation,” he said.
    Roberto Chavez, 67, and his wife were sitting outside on their porch when they saw a heavily-armed man fire at least 10 rounds at group of people.
    Police quickly responded, Chavez said. About 20 officers swarmed into the neighborhood in the 600 block of West Fourth Street, he said.
    The gunman, who wore a white shirt and black pants, ran into a home about three doors down from Chavez’s house, he said.
    Chavez said he recognized the man as someone who frequently visits and hangs out at his neighbor’s home. He didn’t know the man’s name. He said some of the victims appeared to be neighbors in the area.
    Police told him to remain indoors because the gunman had barricaded himself inside a home.
    “It’s a very dangerous situation,” he said.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Police respond after man tries to stop voting

Law enforcement was called on a man in East Lansing, Michigan for singling out two women wearing hijabs and allegedly attempting to keep them from voting.
    A local voter named Ron Fox reported the incident to Mother Jones in an email this Tuesday:

I observed a man just outside the door to the polling place. He pulled two women wearing Hijabs out of line ahead of me. When I came level to him, he was examining their voter registration cards and appeared to be attempting to direct them to another polling place. He seemed polite but I did not like that he’d singled out those two women…When I finished voting, there were two polling officials that were asking him to leave. He was refusing. He then entered the polling place, presumably to attempt to obtain permission to remain.
    The man reportedly was not wearing the “identifying stickers” that Ingham County was required to have, but Fox also made a point to say that the man “seemed polite and non-confrontational.”
    Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum agreed that this was likely a case of voter intimidation, saying the man was “targeting individuals and harassing them and trying to convince them that they shouldn’t be voting.” She said the East Lansing city clerk reported the incident to the police.
    The local Democratic Party has dispatched poll watchers to monitor the polling locations after this report. Byrum has also called the police about the confrontation.
    “It doesn’t pass the smell test…so it needed to be addressed by law enforcement,” Byrum said.
    Newfiescreech and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

fight between two men at polling station

Tempers boiled over at a voting precinct near Lake Worth Tuesday.
    Deputies say a 39-year-old man was videotaping a 68-year-old man with his cellphone.
    The person being recorded didn’t like it and slapped the phone out of the photographer’s hand.
    The younger man then struck the 68-year-old causing him to fall down, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
    Worried about his safety, the man on the ground said he had a weapon but did not threaten to use it, the sheriff’s office said.
    It turned out that he had a concealed weapons permit, investigators said. However, he is facing a charge of simple battery and criminal mischief and he received a notice to appear.
    The younger person is not facing any charges.
    The precinct reopened after being closed for several minutes.
    The sheriff's office has not yet identified the identities of the men involved in the altercation.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump OK MS IN KY WV

Clinton VT MA RI IL DC NJ MD DE

Clinton 68 electoral voters to Trump's 37

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump takes TN SC AL giving him 66 EV

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sorry...those are projected results.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'd weep for the US if I didn't have the thought that those dummies deserve what they get.

I'll never be able to watch the news again, ever! Yes, trump, put that wall along our border and we can send the over 600,000 US citizens in Ontario back where they belong! Shut the gate!!!
    Newfiescreech, anisa and walkonby like this.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information