User Tag List

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I do wish Secretary Clinton had not called Mr Trump Donald...It was disrespectful considering he was using the correct title for her.

However I also wish Mr Trump hadn't interrupted so much..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I agree, it was totally the wrong form of address to use.

I listened to the first half hour on radio, then watched most of the rest on CBS online.

Trump pretty much had the first half, then she got her digs in the second half - so overall, I don't think there was a 'winner'...
    Absolutely horrible moderator.

I couldn't get over her smug? big smile happy face thing - it was really disconcerting.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

She smiles too much she's smug, she smiles too little she's bitter.. ....heck she should smile on one of the menfolk tell her to...( a man told me that!)

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Absolutely horrible moderator.

The way he let Mr Trump talk over Secretary Clinton, yes he was.Mind you, he talked over her as well.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

For many women, watching Trump interrupt Clinton 51 times was un-nerving but familiar

Constant interruption. A condescending tone. Eye-rolling. For many women, the presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump was a case study in deja vu. For more than 90 minutes on a national stage, they said Tuesday, Trump subjected the first female presidential candidate from a major party to indignities they experience from men daily, in the workplace and beyond.
    Tweeted Chicago-based writer Britt Julious: “Thoughts & prayers to every woman watching the #debates & getting painful flashbacks to dudes talking over them at work, school, home, etc.” “The sad thing,” said Christina Emery, an author from Swansea, Illinois, “is that I’m so used to men interrupting women — especially when they want to change the subject — that I didn’t pay much attention to Trump’s behavior. I was focused on Clinton and how she handled herself.”
    In the course of the debate, Trump interrupted Clinton 51 times, while she interrupted him 17 times.
    Kathleen Hall Jamieson, a professor of communication who is director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, said Trump’s frequent interruptions of Clinton conformed with research concluding that men in group meetings interrupt women more than vice versa.
    “The question for the audience — did they interpret that as an attempt of a male candidate to disadvantage a female candidate,” said Jamieson. “If so, that hurts Donald Trump.”
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Sep 27th, 2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: eta linkie..
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Rudy Giuliani : Clinton"too stupid to be president.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/politi...sky/index.html

stupid autoplay embedded videos.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think that absolutely, without a doubt, his boorish behavior was thoroughly planned to make it seem like he had the upper-hand in the debate. I hope it 'un-nerved' enough women that they could see through his rude behavior that they may re-consider voting for him.

That and the news of his dabbling in Cuba during the US embargo hopefully wakes up men as well as women!
    The guy's a shyster, a cheat, a boar, thoroughly untrustworthy and just the kind of person the old guard in the southern states look up to. Shameful.

all JUST mho.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-c...week-1.3783713

Another bombshell has landed on Donald Trump's presidential run from Newsweek, which in a story released Thursday alleges the billionaire businessman broke U.S. law by doing business with Cuba.
    The alleged dealings took place in the 1990s, when a U.S. trade embargo against the communist country made it illegal for any American to invest even a single dollar in the Cuban economy.

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/29/repo...unist-country/
    “A company controlled by Donald Trump … secretly conducted business in communist Cuba during Fidel Castro’s presidency despite strict American trade bans that made such undertakings illegal, according to interviews with former Trump executives, internal company records and court filings,” the report explains. “Documents show that the Trump company spent a minimum of $68,000 for its 1998 foray into Cuba at a time when the corporate expenditure of even a penny in the Caribbean country was prohibited without U.S. government approval.”

I'm sure this pig will find a way out of that swill with more lies and accusations of a "rigged" election.

Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Rudy Giuliani : Clinton"too stupid to be president.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/politi...sky/index.html

stupid autoplay embedded videos.
    Well of course: he was handmaiden to Bush for heaven's sake. A nice pet that played the game, smiled for the cameras as his city collapsed. Did anyone really expect him to say nice things about Hillary?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

E-mail leak reveals Clinton ignored call for aid by Nigerian prince

The latest round of emails released by WikiLeaks reveals that as US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton blatantly ignored a desperate request for aid from a foreign head of state. In the email, Prince Waseem Attah of Nigeria called Clinton a “DEPENDABLE AND TRUST WORDY FOREIGN PARTNER” and requested assistance in arranging a legal transfer of funds from his country to a US bank account. Server logs show the email was deleted just seconds after being opened.
    Congressional leaders were quick to criticize Clinton for the slight. “The Secretary of State is our ambassador to the world”, said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, “Such disrespect for the leaders of other countries weakens our international alliances and strengthens our enemies’ resolve.”
    When contacted by email for a comment on Clinton’s handling of the incident, Prince Attah said “SHARING SHALL BE 25% FOR YOU, 85% FOR ME. PLEASE HASTEN UP TO MAKE PROVISIONS” adding “SEND TO ME YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS TO DISCUSS FURTHER.”
    The Clinton campaign has yet to respond to the latest round of allegations.

protip:it's a satire site...
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    @Darth Penguin...since none of us are privy to whether or not the funds really were a "legal transfer" or if the prince just wanted to get his money out of Dodge before everything blew up in his face, I think I'm going to wait this one out.
    Who knows what the circumstances were?
    I can just see the 'war rooms' desperately trying to dig up dirt on the other's opponent.

Some 'fun' eh, Darth?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  against-immigration-leaving.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  64.9 KB
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump mic malfunctioned debate organisers confirm

Organisers of Monday's White House debate have confirmed Donald Trump's roundly mocked complaint that his microphone was defective.
    The Commission on Presidential Debates said "there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio".
    After the forum in New York, the Republican candidate said his microphone was "terrible" and crackled.
    The volume on the device was lower than that of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, he said.
    Friday's brief statement by the independent commission said the unspecified problems had "affected the sound level in the debate hall".
    After their battle of wits, Mrs Clinton had panned Mr Trump's debate performance, saying it had nothing to do with the audio.
    "Anybody that complains about the microphone is not having a good night," she said.
    Late-night comedians also ridiculed Mr Trump's mic gripe, with Trevor Noah of the Daily Show dismissing it as a lame excuse.
    The presidential debate at Hofstra University was the first of three to take place before the end of October.
    The next is scheduled for 9 October in St Louis, Missouri. The third is on 19 October in Las Vegas.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Borowitz Report

Trump Threatens to Skip Remaining Debates If Hillary Is There

By Andy Borowitz

, September 27, 2016

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...llary-is-there
    SavvyLady likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    Borowitz Report

Trump Threatens to Skip Remaining Debates If Hillary Is There

By Andy Borowitz

, September 27, 2016

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...llary-is-there
    Love Andy..but he's a satire blogger.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information