User Tag List

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    What is expiration date on coffee and chocolate please?

they should be on the can or wrappers, in my opinion I'm not overly worried about coffee AND chocolate never lasts long at my choice. Sorry I can't be much help cath
    Angela273 and cath007 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    It that new bed for your big boy? It's very lovely
    Yes, we're moving him up from a toddler bed to this twin bed. We will be going shopping for a new mattress and sheets. He only weighs 32lbs, so he still liked his toddler bed. We will switch out the new mattress that we bought him 6 months ago and put it in one of the cribs. We'll sell the extra crib mattress.

Our son son has the smallest bedroom and it has our chest freezer in his room. Our house doesn't have a basement, just a crawl space. If we put his new bed in the same spot as his toddler bed then it will cover the only heat register in the room. We need to rearrange the entire room. Dh is not going to be happy that there is so much food in the freezer now that we suddenly need to move it. He has a long 6 drawer dresser in his room too, so I'm trying to figure out if we could trade it for a smaller dresser that is currently in the nursery. I need to clean and organize. It never seems to end.

It is supposed to get up to 33C today, so we are getting ready to spend time in the paddling pool this morning.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-cath my coffee tins I just bought are good for a year
    -chocolate I cant say as I love chocolate and it would never last long in my house
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It's day like that make me wonder why we bother hanging it outside. the weather is so unpredictable and the weather people are not always right. It's now sunny and a strong wind so decided to throw in a very large load which took up the whole clothesline the clothes is about 40 feet long . I've often said I could use a 2nd clothesline but dh is not biting, oh well. If the weather cooperates tomorrow I should dare I say it be caught up .
    I'm thinking about getting an umbrella clothesline like our neighbour has. Our drying rack that I got two decades ago is nowhere to be found now and the paint is starting to crack in places. Once that happens the rust will begin to form, etc. Of course, we have about four neighbours backing on our postage stamp sized lawn and I'm sure they'll love that. Probably ten neighbours that can easily see our laundry, but if it were an umbrella clothesline or a rack, it's easier to hide the smaller things in the middle.

I keep thinking it's the effort that counts. DH did not try to cloth diaper LO when I was out shopping, so when I went out, I had to save at least the cost of one disposable diaper. It's certainly easier and I'd have had a heck of a lot more sleep if we went disposable rather than cloth, but sleep will be a rare commodity with two young kids for the first little while. I know there will be days when I will think, to heck with it all, I'm using disposable and doing laundry tomorrow. Or maybe it will all be disposable now? It's hard to say. Most of my friends who were adamant about cloth diapering their first couldn't keep up after the second, unless they had a diapering service.

I'll do as much as I can, and when I can't, I can't!

What is expiration date on coffee and chocolate please?
    @cath007 : Coffee expiration dates are usually printed on the bottom of the can, and chocolate is printed on the wrapper near the bar code. Samples may go a lot sooner because they're not in the same protective packaging as the main size (I'm thinking of coffee samples). K-cups expiry dates are printed on the sides of the plastic cone. If you're unsure, you can always call the manufacturer. If it's close to expiry, you can throw them in the freezer and keep them for a few months more.

Inquiring mind want to know: When you receive samples or coupons enveloppe ;do you kept the papers for writhing example grocery list,to do list or you just trow it in recuperation....My aunt joked about that because i do that
    I always recycle them. There is no end to paper clutter that we get in the mail or LO brings home and it's the single thing that makes the difference between a huge mess and a clean living space. The envelopes are too large for my grocery list so I print it on the back of old business cards and stick with my coupons, or I store them on an electronic list, and usually both. Alternatively, you can use the back of the tops of tissue boxes and clip them into twos or threes. I think Scotties prints on the back of theirs, though.
    Ciel, cath007 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just found my old coupons binder and trow away all the coupons
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know or just me

For all of us that are anxious for the bacon sale what coupon will you be using along with it?

1. b3g1 Prime chicken breast or ready crisp bacon
    2. b2g1 375g package of raw bacon or ready crips
    3. b3g1 smoked chicken saugage or grillems (I don't have these yet) BUT they may be on the bacon.

I'm so torn with the options

1. The chicken breast range from $6.49 to $6.99 for a package of 2 they are yummy but I would never pay that price BUT only dh and I like them
    2. More bacon, it's a quick fix for in a pinch and can be served with many things on sale for $3.49 at RCSS
    3. Smoke chicken sausage or Grillem's. We don't like grillems but the sausage may be good...

I'm leaning more towards the chicken breasts, however, let's face it we will take what we can get for free, right!!!
    What is the sale on the bacon? I doubt I will buy any since we have so much.

I usually got the ready crisp bacon just to toss in the cupboard (for the food bank) I used one box one day because I was rushed to make lunch for DS. We don't eat that stuffed chicken because it is very processed and high in calories (sorry ) and we aren't a fan of the other stuff for the same reason (and they just gross me out lol)
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

One of my goals for this year is to clear the kitchen of counter clutter. I used to keep coupons and recipes and things to be reviewed in the mail on the counter, but I realize that if I want a recipe, I'll look it up online. If it's a good coupon, which is rare these days, I'll probably put it directly in my coupon bag. If it's not one I use regularly or that I might get it free, depending on sales, I try to recycle if I can. If I can get it for free but have never used or tried it before, I probably won't miss it.

Same goes with our drawer full of yellow pages, manuals, receipts for warranties, etc. I've gone though and recycled all the old warranties, manuals, etc. Most of what I look for is online, and I can print another if I wanted to. I toss all receipts as soon as I've entered them in my spreadsheet, and recycle if there is no hope of returning something. It sits in our recycling bin for two weeks until the next pick up, so I feel confident that if I want to return it or it's broken, it'll be there. Yes, I have gone rooting through our recycling bin before!

The one regret is that I lost a free Cineplex movie pass. It must have gotten mixed in with some other papers and recycled. Another reason to keep a clear counter!
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    One of my goals for this year is to clear the kitchen of counter clutter. I used to keep coupons and recipes and things to be reviewed in the mail on the counter, but I realize that if I want a recipe, I'll look it up online. If it's a good coupon, which is rare these days, I'll probably put it directly in my coupon bag. If it's not one I use regularly or that I might get it free, depending on sales, I try to recycle if I can. If I can get it for free but have never used or tried it before, I probably won't miss it.

Same goes with our drawer full of yellow pages, manuals, receipts for warranties, etc. I've gone though and recycled all the old warranties, manuals, etc. Most of what I look for is online, and I can print another if I wanted to. I toss all receipts as soon as I've entered them in my spreadsheet, and recycle if there is no hope of returning something. It sits in our recycling bin for two weeks until the next pick up, so I feel confident that if I want to return it or it's broken, it'll be there. Yes, I have gone rooting through our recycling bin before!

The one regret is that I lost a free Cineplex movie pass. It must have gotten mixed in with some other papers and recycled. Another reason to keep a clear counter!
    An accordian type file folder (alphabetical) is a life saver for me. I keep all our warranties, instructions etc in this folder and file accordingly (F for fridge, S for Stove etc.) Once every two years or so, I'll go through it and throw out anything that isn't relevant any longer.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cleaned my wardrobe today

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow I have to admit I feel the take out pain. We do not have money for take out but had to give in last night. Mom got called into work because someone called in sick when their shift should have started so she was told to come in and work 8 hours from whenever she got there so she worked until after 6 pm.

At my work we had a branch manager leave the company so a staff meeting was called for after hours so I did not leave the branch until after 6 so I did not get home until almost 7. I had been on my feet all day trying to keep everything running and was in so much pain I could not stand any longer so I ordered pizza.

Nancy I so feel the truck repairs, Mom's ended up being triple what we were quoted so we went from thinking we had extra money saved up to coming up short and now trying to come up with what we are short.

I was hoping to get new shoes on this pay as we 2 branches with some "issues" which means I will be travelling between the two and will be on my feet almost all day at both branches. Due to Mom's car service not sure I will have the money on this pay. I have to sit down and look at the numbers. Luckily Mom has been getting more hours lately so I might take what I normally push into my day to day emergency fund and use that for shoes as I am not sure how much longer I can go like this, it is now causing me foot pain, leg pain and back pain. It was so bad last night I could not fall asleep.

With that being said I can happily say we are finding ways to live within what the 2 of us are making, it has been a struggle but we are making it work. We seem to be on the same page which is nice and there is a lot less stress at work so now I can save the stress for at work.

Have a great evening everyone, off to get some work done before bed.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Jun 9th, 2016 at 05:40 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Cleaned my wardrobe today
    great job cath sounds like you are very motivated, the apartment must be looking good and more roomy
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

great job cath sounds like you are very motivated, the apartment must be looking good and more roomy
    Yes!!!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Sweet Sparrow I have to admit I feel the take out pain. We do not have money for take out but had to give in last night. Mom got called into work because someone called in sick when their shift should have started so she was told to come in and work 8 hours from whenever she got there so she worked until after 6 pm.

At my work we had a branch manager leave the company so a staff meeting was called for after hours so I did not leave the branch until after 6 so I did not get home until almost 7. I had been on my feet all day trying to keep everything running and was in so much pain I could not stand any longer so I ordered pizza.

Nancy I so feel the truck repairs, Mom's ended up being triple what we were quoted so we went from thinking we had extra money saved up to coming up short and now trying to come up with what we are short.

I was hoping to get new shoes on this pay as we 2 branches with some "issues" which means I will be travelling between the two and will be on my feet almost all day at both branches. Due to Mom's car service not sure I will have the money on this pay. I have to sit down and look at the numbers. Luckily Mom has been getting more hours lately so I might take what I normally push into my day to day emergency fund and use that for shoes as I am not sure how much longer I can go like this, it is now causing me foot pain, leg pain and back pain. It was so bad last night I could not fall asleep.

With that being said I can happily say we are finding ways to live within what the 2 of us are making, it has been a struggle but we are making it work. We seem to be on the same page which is nice and there is a lot less stress at work so now I can save the stress for at work.

Have a great evening everyone, off to get some work done before bed.
    take care of your feet as you can already see it causes other health issues, that's my 2 cents.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

buy 3 , get 1 free
    I found them at foodland
    are the b3g1 sausage or grill em peelies on the hotdogs, bacon etc? just curious as I have plans to send dh for bacon at RCSS.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    buy 3 , get 1 free
    I found them at foodland
    thank you
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information