User Tag List

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Had a lovely weekend with one of our out of town sons/daughter in law + a few others - they were in town for a wedding. You get all our boys together and it is a zoo but just a blast. Made lots and lots of homemade iced tea - very hot here. Anyway, laundry is on the go and all is peaceful again and that is most welcome after the busyness
    sounds delightful
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I posted my red rhubarb up for sale. I have 6 people wanting to buy some. The first lady is coming this evening, then I'll see how much is left. I'll sell more again once it grows back. I use some, but not nearly as quickly as it grows. I don't can and have frozen rhubarb to only throw it out 2yrs later, after it had been forgotten.

I got about 6hrs of interrupted sleep last night. I'm not feeling well and am struggling with lightheadedness. I guess I will try to go shopping at WM on Wednesday. I hope they have lots of wieners for me to PM from NF and use the overage towards a few other things.

Tomorrow is a doctor's appointment for baby, story time at the library, 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys, church event for just the women at supper time. I'll see how I am feel as to whether or not I attend this annual church event. I don't want to spread this bug to the older ladies. It's also a potluck and I'm not sure what I will make.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 6th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Woo-my Air Miles from the Rexall shopping on Friday showed up in my account and I redeemed points for the $10 e-gift card from Starbucks-now on my registered card. Don't know why my 10 bonus AM from Sobeys don't show up? Plan to get a croissant this week before or after the local market day (opens on Wed), where I hope to find some produce to buy.

Yahoo Mail-(rant)-when I log in, I keep hitting the YM App wall. Seems about the only way to see my mail is to hold the pointer over the mail icon on Yahoo Canada where I see my login name and try to click on the e-mail. Also, the Internet connection keeps dropping while accessing my e-mail. I have been checking the connection speeds on a website-such volatility on both Internet Explorer and Firefox (the crankier browser today).

Made a batch of banana oatmeal chip cookies this morning. Rather cool and breezy today after yesterday's rains. Forecast looks to be in the low 20s for another two or three days before going up again. Keen to do more baking this week.

Saturday-went to three grocery stores and there are no bagged apples for Ida Red or Spartan, except a snacking apple. I must be missing something. Ida Reds were staples in Food Basics-they're gone?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have 2 pick ups tonight for $29 total. That should put put my Summer fun jar over $100. Will count it tonight. Just in time for the Buttertart festival this weekend . Got a load of laundry out away. My homey has dinner planned so I will put clean dishes away while he makes dinner. Will post more stuff for sale tonight while watching tv and chatting.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow. Just counted my "crap sold jar" before my pick ups. $113.00. Guess there was more too is and loonies in there then I thought. The $1 and $2 sales really do add up!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dh went to RCSS today on his way home to pickup the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ, he crabbed what they had but still has some coupons. TO my surprise he said I'll stop by on Wednesday or Thursday to see if I can use up the rest of the coupons .

Supper was a quick fix chicken burgers with ceasar salad.

Has anyone else joined SC Facebook trading group? It's quite busy on there , lots of traffic .

I attacked both freezers this am and the Jenga puzzle is no more, I removed all the Prime stuffed chicken breast into baskets and boy did that make some space. So I now have more freezer room which is great as I have some meat coupons coming in a couple trades....yippee.

I can't believe how much free stuff I have gotten since I started trading at the end of April, rec'd some envies 1st week of May, what a big difference it makes to the budget and the amount of groceries I'm getting compared to before is astounding. The only downfall to me is that my coupons are always out which is clutter BUT it's worth the clutter

Dh is off to Kingston for another procedure for his back not frugal BUT necessary, hope this procedure works as good as the one last week, he has noticed quite the difference in his pain level.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Day report:
    I am tired of my depression and my anxiety.I have amazing aunt who cleaned my appart (living room,kitchen) but I feel I lost control of my life and they have sort of control of ly life .Ii hated that they trow away samples and 7 Kellogs FPC no max value,ensure.,glucerna ,and all my things I could not find.Inspection is just for the living room so we are at least fine with that.I try to do cleaning at my lent but it is not enough for hers,they want to recome. I have difficulty to stuck my ground with hers because I appreciate their generous help.

Any thoughts on that???And I have too much couponning stock apparently...............
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

They put in garbage at least 10 bags of things apparently papers and coupons....yikes
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I wish everyone a great evening and night.Off to bed.Tomorrow is another day lol.See you tomorrow.I will try to tell you my progress in my cleaning and purging stuff
    Giseledta, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My june has not beem frugal so far. New glasses, dentist appointments for 3, garden plant replacement( cucumbers totally died in 48 hours) and next week is a week in a hotel for training at work. I guess the best thing is eventually most of the above will be reimbursed.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Dh went to RCSS today on his way home to pickup the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ, he crabbed what they had but still has some coupons. TO my surprise he said I'll stop by on Wednesday or Thursday to see if I can use up the rest of the coupons .

Supper was a quick fix chicken burgers with ceasar salad.

Has anyone else joined SC Facebook trading group? It's quite busy on there , lots of traffic .

I attacked both freezers this am and the Jenga puzzle is no more, I removed all the Prime stuffed chicken breast into baskets and boy did that make some space. So I now have more freezer room which is great as I have some meat coupons coming in a couple trades....yippee.

I can't believe how much free stuff I have gotten since I started trading at the end of April, rec'd some envies 1st week of May, what a big difference it makes to the budget and the amount of groceries I'm getting compared to before is astounding. The only downfall to me is that my coupons are always out which is clutter BUT it's worth the clutter

Dh is off to Kingston for another procedure for his back not frugal BUT necessary, hope this procedure works as good as the one last week, he has noticed quite the difference in his pain level.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

WTG.I need to redo some trading too.lots of interresting new coupons but I have no coupons for the moment
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh tired from babysitting ashlyn today she was up at 6.05 a.m just as I go there-so long day I put her down for nap at 1.00 and 3 times she called to me Nana hug-nana water ,nana wormie (it s fisher price glow worm I got her when she was a baby -she has taken him under her wing again ) finally she went to sleep
    -daughter-in-law asked us for supper shepards pie so we did
    -got 3 bites form people on kijiji for items 2 for me 1 for my daughter -(I am selling a few office dresses of hers)so lets see if they follow thru

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Busy beavers as per usual...

Anyone heard from @thriftygranny lately? I know she has had some health issues too... I don't like it when my online moms aren't well. Hugs to you and @Crochetlady

Financial planning meeting went well...we are increasing our savings by $50 a month to $200 (just going for it...pay yourself first!) $50 to DHs RRSP and $150 to open account which will now become tax-free savings. Tax free savings was our next step in the plan and we will still have access to that money if we want to move it around as we won't be near the limiting thresholds at this time. We still have my RRSP and the family RESP that we put lump sums into whether from gifts, additional savings or siphoning from the open account/now tax free savings. She said we are her best savers...I don't know if that is the truth, but it made me feel good.

Bought a couple more items to flip. I have to finish some sorting and organizing and then begin to move the items before we can buy more. It has been fun looking for vintage items that would be desired by my age group (e.g. generation 2 and 3 My Little Ponies, Sesame Street items from the 80s). I will let you know how it goes. I have over $170 in the "summer fun" jar. That doesn't include loonies and toonies. Just bills. It also doesn't include what I have been sliding in an old piggy bank for braces (about 25% of sales). I am doing really well. Part of the reason is I helped my mom sell some expensive crystal and she gave me a finder's fee for finding her buyers.

Talk soon.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Jun 6th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hey Granger thanks for thinking of me!! I have been reading the thread weekly but haven't been posting much. My health is great right now but our family went through a rough patch at the end of last year, our daughter was at a club with friends and she was slipped a roofie and lets just say the out come was a nightmare for her. It has been a long haul for all of us. I just kind of started spending more time with my family and gave up posting for a bit, my head just wasn't in it.
    I still enjoy reading everyone's posts and cheer you all on when you have frugal victories!!
    I sincerely hope Crochetlady is ok, things really came on suddenly with her health, I hope she is mending and back soon.
    I guess my biggest news is that we have gutted our 23 year old home and are slaving away, we decided to put our sweat equity into it, I have ripped out 2800 square feet of carpet and all the staples myself and so far have about 1200 square feet of painting done and the flooring arrives on Wednesday and my son in law and I are laying it. It has been tough work but I have really enjoyed it, I think it has helped me focus on something good and positive to get through a rough time.
    Giseledta, Ciel, Granger and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well hubby's lower back is killing him -I guess all the shovelling sat/sun out front -he does have degenerating discs -so he is lying around before he goes back out for his afternoon run -I guess we cant do as much when in later 50"s than years ago
    -so happy just sold my popcorn maker on kijiji-used twice sold for 20.00
    -I had 200.00 cash saved up but we needed our front railings soldered and fixed up so my 200.00 went on that
    -so starting over 20.00 into my "summer fund"

-thrifty granny -sorry to hear about your daughter -what others do is insane
    -glad you are keeping busy with renos with son-in-law

-cath why is your aunts making you get rid of coupons and samples ???
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:37 PM.

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information