User Tag List

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

That was kinda of my thinking too - that from any video I've seen - there are SO many steps....and if it doesn't turn out - a lot of waste. I've never had any other brand than Tenderflake for puff pastry so I don't know if homemade even would taste better. I love phyllo too - and would NEVER consider making it either. Maybe I've answered my own question - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    cally, about the puff pastry - I've seen it made on baking/cooking shows, and it's so much work! With the effort required, and having to buy so much butter, I can't see it being any cheaper than the bought stuff. There are usually coupons out for Tenderflake products, as well.
    Mind you, if there is a huge taste difference, maybe for some it would be worth the effort to make.

I don't use puff pastry very often, I use phyllo more - and that I would never consider making!
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Cally: welcome to our little corner of fun. For FPCs I have had my best luck at Sobeys and Metro during bonus air miles events. They still seem to give AM on the value before coupons applied.
    I had a client meeting in another city today so left for work a bit later and was able to hang a load of laundry before I went. It's dried and put away. Now off to a lacrosse game, but we are the home team so a little less hectic today.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Going to a music concert (classical) tonight with hubby. We were given tickets Spent a good part of the day making three meals - one for my parents and another for tomorrow since I have to take my Mom to another medical appt. Still managing to keep our grocery costs to less than $500 per month for our family of four and the 8 meals I cook every month for my parents.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

....and I gave up my paper route. Having trouble with tendonitis (I think) in one of my feet and so its time to slow down. Only made a pittance of .07 a paper anyway and starting to feel 'used'. This is less than minimum wage when I figure it out.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good Morning and welcome to June,

It's going to be another tight month as some of May's expenses have found their into June's budget .

Dh is running into FB on his way home this evening to pickup some of the pork loins on sale for $1.44lbs and just in time as we only have 2 small packs of pork left from the last sale. He will also be using coupons on the Jane's chicken sale $4.97 - $2 = $2.97 great for those lazy days which I have been having way too much lately.

My goals for June are stockup on meat and only shop for items when on sale w/ coupons. And of course the staples (milk,bread, fruits/veggies), the grocery budget is very snuck thus the stockup on meats.

Today is my dad's birthday, I will give him a shout shortly, they are currently in Alberta travelling for the summer.

I posted a sofa/hall table which I purchased when renovating our bedroom and I have someone that is interested, she plans to pickup today which is great. I will return the funds into the renovation account. I sold the other sofa/hall table last week which I purchase for our room (was hoping to use that 1 as a desk but it didn't work out).

Has anyone made a roman blind using an old mini blind? Saw this on Pinterest and wondering if anyone has made or attempted one?

Well off to call my dad and put the whole chicken in the sink to thaw for supper.
    ***Correction the Janes on sale at FB are not the ones you can use the coupon on oh well still a cheap dinner @$4.97 in reality 1.5 suppers .

Told dh to pickup 4 of the pork loin which he did but I thought they would be the huge ones that are normally 3 feet long but nope only 1.5 feet long so next time I will ask for more just incase but atleast they will still be fresh before the next sale .

Tomorrow's supper will be pork kabobs with rice along with veggies and dip.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Going to a music concert (classical) tonight with hubby. We were given tickets Spent a good part of the day making three meals - one for my parents and another for tomorrow since I have to take my Mom to another medical appt. Still managing to keep our grocery costs to less than $500 per month for our family of four and the 8 meals I cook every month for my parents.

Excellent job on the amount of meals cooked and groceries purchased for $500 a month

Enjoy the date night with dh at the concert

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@cally welcome to the thread

Somethings are just not woth making homemade mind you I'm sure there is a big difference in the taste, have you looked on Pinterest for perhaps a more frugal recipe not using as much butter or not butter at all (using margarine, veg. oil, etc) if possible.

I often substitute margarine, veg. oil and sour cream when it calls for butter, it all gets eaten, I make notes in my recipes ie cook longer, too sweet, less spices, etc....

I think many of us can relate to being down to 1 income somewhere along the way, it's not easy but I think it makes us humble, just my 2 cents. We appreciate the small things more and have no choice but to get creative while meal planning, shopping for necessities, making priorities of what to spend our hard earned $ on.

Wishing you great success with the $ jars/baggies it is very easy to see what is left after each shop and plan accordingly.

As @lilo0003 said she prefers the airmiles promos while others like the point systems such as sdm. I would suggest perhaps try using 1 fpc at sdm when you have a small offer like spend $10 on food/snacks and test the system.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Cally: welcome to our little corner of fun. For FPCs I have had my best luck at Sobeys and Metro during bonus air miles events. They still seem to give AM on the value before coupons applied.
    I had a client meeting in another city today so left for work a bit later and was able to hang a load of laundry before I went. It's dried and put away. Now off to a lacrosse game, but we are the home team so a little less hectic today.
    you're loving your clothesline , you'll notice your hydro bill go down drastically I'm sure and it smells so good
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

I feel your pain! I also have tendonitis - and I'm actually in the beginning of a real bad flare up. I wore my flip flops (first mistake - broke golden rule to honour thy feet and wear proper footwear!) and then I missed my bus by 1 min and decided to walk the rest of the way home.....totally out did myself and am now paying for it. Hope it heals up quickly - I sometimes put hot than cold on it to bring down the burning/swollen feeling. And I know it hurts - but stretching it actually helps. Painful...but helps. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    ....and I gave up my paper route. Having trouble with tendonitis (I think) in one of my feet and so its time to slow down. Only made a pittance of .07 a paper anyway and starting to feel 'used'. This is less than minimum wage when I figure it out.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi Cally. I like to redeem my coupons at Sobeys on their 10% off Tuesday. Their system takes 10% off the pre-coupon amount. So your FPC will be worth 10% towards the rest of your purchase. If you have FPC Stouffer's, then you might want to use it at No Frills in conjunction with a PC Plus points offer.
    Natalka, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cant sleep well -up at 3.00-3.30 the last 2 days -problem with neighbour -its bothering me
    -so I ordered from hatley -if anyone wants to know they have a great sale on only june 1 and 2 -I spent 59.00 -used ebates too -I got the baby to be a lovely fishing t-shirt _xmas and a t-shirt for ashlyn for xmas ,socks and I got a t-shirt and pj's for me 15.00 total for top and bottom and a lovely t-shirt 12.25 for me -see I don't always buy thrift -I am thrilled as I loveee their clothing so well made (mind you I have never bought anything for me in tops yet so hope it fits )-of course they are a Canadian company
    -anyway gotta go babysit at 7.00 a.m -I will be tired again today -I will rest when she goes down for a nap -lets hope she did yesterday for an hour and a half
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Last night did some catch-up shopping, just to fill in bits missing - milk, bread, buns; two bigger items - a ham and 10kg flour.

Will have to do some freezer clearing out soon - it had been not very full, so I was keeping old stuff on the bottom just for energy efficiency, but it's getting fuller so it's time to get rid of some of that old stuff!

Hope you all have a fab day - it's going to be hot here.

Ciel, lilo0003, cally and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

I'm finalizing my grocery list this am, going to get some ham's at Metro which will work out after sale and coupon, I LOVE HAM

Off to start the chicken soup as it's overcast & rainy today, so much cooler....yippee.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am not ready for June either.

Hi @cally , glad to have you join us.

We are trying to save on groceries too. I am buying the minimal. We have had a couple of busy weeks, either entertaining or on the go (eating conveniently rather than frugally).

Last night we made english muffin pizzas, using up what was in the fridge and cupboards.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

New news for all those who have guessed, due date is mid-December. @coupongirl : November is way too early. I would have known much sooner, I think! My running days will soon be over, if not already. I can't handle the lower body pressure and my knees and hips are starting to feel pain in the bones. It was three pounds in the past few weeks!
    @cally : Welcome!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information