User Tag List

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ lol!! My Dad was like that @Natalka he also ate and loved the fats on meat. he would scold us kids for wasting food if we tried to spit out the fat on any roasts and stuff.
    Ciel, cath007 and cally like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  68.4 KB

I just sent Dh to pick up this twin bed fram and mattress for $50. We will try to resell the mattress and purchase a brand new one, plan on going to The Brivk tomorrow for their mattress sale. We got a basic twin bed frame for free, so we will sell it too.

edit: Dh left the mattress with the people because it was in that bad of shape. The big board that holds up the entire mattress needs to be replaced because it had been broken. Dh couldn't see this in their very dimly lit basement. Dh can fix this, but it is an additional expense.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:39 PM.
    Ciel, cath007 and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

popped into my local store. they had hotdogs on sale, and and I got free sausages as well. My son is very happy.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

a couple of deals I got yesterday grocery shopping`:

Maxi pm Metro: blueberries 3 @ 6$ on top of that 400 pc points on each pint ....sometime the system give point when you pm sometimes no
    Maxi pm Metro: strawberries 3@6$

Maxi: raspberries 3@ 5$

Maxi pm metro i think: Astro yogurt at 3@ 5$....wish I had the 1$ off coupons

Maxi chicken 30% off pink sticker
    Giseledta, Ciel, cally and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    popped into my local store. they had hotdogs on sale, and and I got free sausages as well. My son is very happy.

are the b3g1 sausage or grill em peelies on the hotdogs, bacon etc? just curious as I have plans to send dh for bacon at RCSS.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

It looks like it will rain so no laundry today so thankful I got all the clothes off the line yesterday before it rained.

Supper last night was leftover chicken(gravy, veggies etc), bacon & corn a good mixture for all.

My coupons are finally all organized, it's great to get an eagles eye view of what I have, what I will use and what I can try and trade.

Question for your smart ladies

Re $3 Men's Dove face Care+ products, would this include shaving gel?
    Hoping it does as I see freebies in my future

Well off to get some tidying up done, wishing everyone a great day
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    How very tragic I hope she and the family are getting all the help you need.

Very exciting about the house and all your handy work.

Take care
    @thriftygranny Jasparandchar has taken the words from my mouth. Hugs. I recently read the letter written by the victim of the "Stanford" trial so needless to say your words were haunting and my heart broke as a read them. Prayers for healing. Thank you for checking in...We all have seasons of less SC presence due to more real life presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    How long does Sobeys take to put Air Miles on one's account? I went into my account and noticed bonus miles may take up to 120 days to post and up to 60 days for base miles to post.
    Never had it take that long, but sometimes a month or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I figure you all might be looking for an update on my SIL. Her condition is unchanged. My brother and his kids are up there staying at her mom's house. She has been in hospital for 20 days.
    Thank you for the update. I am sorry the news is not the progress we are all hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Summer deals. Yum!
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Jun 9th, 2016 at 09:33 AM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar : Lucky you! It rained on Tuesday and a downpour began five minutes before I got home. LO was crying from the soaking while telling me to run. I have officially hung up my running shoes for the year. Not only does running send me frantic for a washroom, I haven't got any maternity running pants. Strangely, there's not a large call for them at the athletic stores....

So, rushed LO inside, dashed to the patio, threw open the door, and while I was frantically trying to grab the racks, I tripped over the edge of a white sheet and ground in the mud. One basket was covered in tree bits and whatever was blowing through the air, and the muddy sheets will have to be rewashed. That load of washing was a waste, but I think I managed to salvage one of two loads.

The end of my walking days means higher transportation costs on the way home. I can't make it to daycare on foot before it closes, or it leaves me frantically searching for a bathroom. Yesterday, there was an additional $30 put on my bus pass, which should last two weeks. I took the bus and it was so packed that I had to hold on to one of those rubber armbands and swung like a monkey every time the driver hit the brakes. While I was on, I heard the driver turned away a mother with a young child because it was standing room only and the driver could not have the child in her area. I am not looking forward to riding the bus this summer.

Yesterday, we ran out of food for lunches today, but there was enough for dinner. We haven't cooked since Sunday and DH has been coming home late due to traffic, as usual. DH mentioned that we should get used to ordering out as we're both exhausted. I stayed up until 2 AM baking chicken, but we'll now have enough to last to the end of the week. As long as I have dethawed meat, we'll be okay.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Thank gosh it is finally Thursday. This has been a long week.
    I have a massage appt. this afternoon and so looking forward to it!
    Was up early to get DS to school to catch bus for school trip. So was able to empty the dishwasher this morning and was the few dishes in the sink so the kitchen is nice and clean I even vacuumed the entrance (after I cleaned out the vacuum hose that was stuffed with popcorn- DS had a popcorn spill the other day and at least he cleaned it up lol)
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Inquiring mind want to know: When you receive samples or coupons enveloppe ;do you kept the papers for writhing example grocery list,to do list or you just trow it in recuperation....My aunt joked about that because i do that
    coupon girl and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @jasperandchar : Lucky you! It rained on Tuesday and a downpour began five minutes before I got home. LO was crying from the soaking while telling me to run. I have officially hung up my running shoes for the year. Not only does running send me frantic for a washroom, I haven't got any maternity running pants. Strangely, there's not a large call for them at the athletic stores....

So, rushed LO inside, dashed to the patio, threw open the door, and while I was frantically trying to grab the racks, I tripped over the edge of a white sheet and ground in the mud. One basket was covered in tree bits and whatever was blowing through the air, and the muddy sheets will have to be rewashed. That load of washing was a waste, but I think I managed to salvage one of two loads..

It's day like that make me wonder why we bother hanging it outside. the weather is so unpredictable and the weather people are not always right. It's now sunny and a strong wind so decided to throw in a very large load which took up the whole clothesline the clothes is about 40 feet long . I've often said I could use a 2nd clothesline but dh is not biting, oh well. If the weather cooperates tomorrow I should dare I say it be caught up .
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

What is expiration date on coffee and chocolate please?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know or just me

For all of us that are anxious for the bacon sale what coupon will you be using along with it?

1. b3g1 Prime chicken breast or ready crisp bacon
    2. b2g1 375g package of raw bacon or ready crips
    3. b3g1 smoked chicken saugage or grillems (I don't have these yet) BUT they may be on the bacon.

I'm so torn with the options

1. The chicken breast range from $6.49 to $6.99 for a package of 2 they are yummy but I would never pay that price BUT only dh and I like them
    2. More bacon, it's a quick fix for in a pinch and can be served with many things on sale for $3.49 at RCSS
    3. Smoke chicken sausage or Grillem's. We don't like grillems but the sausage may be good...

I'm leaning more towards the chicken breasts, however, let's face it we will take what we can get for free, right!!!
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Jun 9th, 2016 at 11:55 AM.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  68.4 KB

I just sent Dh to pick up this twin bed fram and mattress for $50. We will try to resell the mattress and purchase a brand new one, plan on going to The Brivk tomorrow for their mattress sale. We got a basic twin bed frame for free, so we will sell it too.

edit: Dh left the mattress with the people because it was in that bad of shape. The big board that holds up the entire mattress needs to be replaced because it had been broken. Dh couldn't see this in their very dimly lit basement. Dh can fix this, but it is an additional expense.
    It that new bed for your big boy? It's very lovely
    Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind want to know: When you receive samples or coupons enveloppe ;do you kept the papers for writhing example grocery list,to do list or you just trow it in recuperation....My aunt joked about that because i do that
    I have way too many papers bills, receipts etc I do not keep them as I have a little notebook for writing list or notes.

I had too laught I just posted an Inquiring Minds want to know question as well, great minds think alike
    Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information