User Tag List

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Goodness, it was hot yesterday. Nothing says hot like being pregnant and having to wear a great big body stocking up to your chest in the form of maternity pants as another layer under your clothes.

The weather network said it was 40C with some rain coming to relieve the temperatures. Of course, I kept the laundry inside, and then of course, it didn't rain....

I wrote into PC Plus about an offer for any size PC diapers. In store, they had a two for one sale on small packages of diapers. On the receipt, it shows 18 individual packages, but I only got the offer nine times because it was a buy two, pay $10. I told them that I was missing points but they responded by saying I already received some points for the purchase. If they don't offer them per package, I'll return all 18 of them.
    We didn't get the rain either! And today it is blue skys. Guess it is passing us by. Grass and garden need it!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Coupongirl: I am with J&C on this. Be careful with your anti virus, unless your PC is in for repair there is no way a scan takes days.
    Food waste: I hate it and I hate my fridge. Stuff gets lost and it has crappy storage. But since a Reno is in the next two years I will live with it. We also just a tiny bar fridge as a back up so it's harder to stock up deals.
    We just found out today we have to rip up the laundry room again in a different direction as some pipes have collapsed. This is going to be expensive. We already did this once in the other direction and it's at least 3000.00. So not what I planned for. I am now planning to buy only fresh food for the next month so no stocking up on deals. I am not even reading the flyers, I will just resist. We have enough to meat to last until August and Logan is happy with a hot dog for lunch and I was able to buy 5 packs for free with the coupons. Both boys are done tutoring so that's another 100.00 a week for the repair.
    @Lilo 003 what's the issue with the pipe collapsing, dh is a plumber so I find this somewhat troubling? Are they clay pipe or cast iron and have disintegrated? feel free to send me a personal message.

You're such a good saver you'll have the $ in no time BUT still not something you want to fork cash out for at this time I'm sure.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Wishing everyone a great day.

The last of the laundry is washed and hanging outside to dry. The weather is so much more bearable today thank goodness, we had a tornado warning last night BUT thankfully it didn't hit our area. The ac is running full tilt.

I guess my blueberry muffins were well rec'd as there is less than 1/2 left . I need to check if I have any flour left as I have some raspberries that need to be made into something and both boys are home for a couple days so I'll get them to help .

I sent dh with some Cavendish coupons if he is up to it on his way home. he will need to do separate transactions but the price is right at just $1 a bag after coupons. Time will tell. I also have to get him to pop into SDM this week for the Men's shaving gel that is on sale for $3.97 - $3 insert coupon = .97+ taxes, great stockup prices. I will be calling the company today to find out where to find the expiration date as I cannot find it on the bottles at all, however, there are a bunch of random #'s on the bottom of the can but they don't make any sense to be an expiration date

Again if anyone notices the Men's dove soap bars (2 or more) on sale for $2 or thereabouts, Men's dove body wash $3.00 or less. As that is my #1 stocking up priority this month ESPECIALLY since the coupons expire June 30th>, I'm in Ontario so any help with be graciously appreciated. Thanks
    avoncallingu, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I saw the single bars on for $1 (or .88 cents) I can't remember which at No Frills when I there on the weekend. The big packs I have never seen for $2 (they seem to be more then the regular Dove)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I started a new thread which some might find helpful....for best price on products on sale incase anyone is interested

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/416734-...a/#post6649668

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

So sad for my son. His vehicle was broken into and some low life decided to destroy his ignition with a screwdriver. He is a student and works hard in the summer to pay for his education. He does have insurance but has to pay $300 out of pocket. He had just fixed up this truck and it was listed for sale - now this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    So sad for my son. His vehicle was broken into and some low life decided to destroy his ignition with a screwdriver. He is a student and works hard in the summer to pay for his education. He does have insurance but has to pay $300 out of pocket. He had just fixed up this truck and it was listed for sale - now this.
    That sucks, poor guy. I once got my car stolen from work (government) and they did the same thing to drive it away. It's sad that the world we live in has people that have nothing better to do than make others miserable at others expense.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

After that MarketPlace video, I think I will change my mind about buying reduced stickered meat. I suppose I can't take any chances with getting sick now. Truth be told though, I've never found reduced priced meat after I was pregnant with LO. I've never been to the stores early enough.

I may have second thoughts about mold on berries as well, after the comment about cancer. I used to be like that man and cut off the moldy part if it was just a small bit.

Some good news, I got my points added from PC today. I had a personalized offer for 4000 points on PC diapers, any size, so I bought all their small package diapers. They would have been $5 each and after the offer, it would have reduced them to $1.25 after tax. After spending $169.72, I got back 96,000 points for 18 small bags, 1 double sized plastic bag on clearance for $6.94, and five large boxes. I also received 15,000 points for spending over $150.

That would be a grand total of $58.72 for the entire diapering life of a child to toilet training age, which is pretty decent. I have a huge stack of wipes I'm still trying to go through with LO, so no extra expense there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    After that MarketPlace video, I think I will change my mind about buying reduced stickered meat. I suppose I can't take any chances with getting sick now. Truth be told though, I've never found reduced priced meat after I was pregnant with LO. I've never been to the stores early enough.

I may have second thoughts about mold on berries as well, after the comment about cancer. I used to be like that man and cut off the moldy part if it was just a small bit.

Some good news, I got my points added from PC today. I had a personalized offer for 4000 points on PC diapers, any size, so I bought all their small package diapers. They would have been $5 each and after the offer, it would have reduced them to $1.25 after tax. After spending $169.72, I got back 96,000 points for 18 small bags, 1 double sized plastic bag on clearance for $6.94, and five large boxes. I also received 15,000 points for spending over $150.

That would be a grand total of $58.72 for the entire diapering life of a child to toilet training age, which is pretty decent. I have a huge stack of wipes I'm still trying to go through with LO, so no extra expense there.
    Now I want a baby to rack up the PC pts lol. Great Shop! I am always seeing great clearance deals at my RCSS for baby stuff too so you should do well!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

OK- I am on a frugal mission. Decided today that I am watching what I buy for the next while. I have usually been good but got to the point that I would buy more fruit or food since it kept us eating at home healthy. But sometimes we don't need it. I was going to buy snap peas today but remembered I have 5 cucumbers in the fridge so DS can have that for veggie in his lunch this week. I need to remind myself to just make due with what we have sometimes. So my mission for the rest of the month is to really use up what we have and clean out all the cupboards to 1. See what we have and 2. Organize it and plan to use it up.
    Natalka, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have decided that once my 3 trades are done on the sc face book page I will be removing myself. It's not an environment I want to associate myself with to be honest.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Jun 21st, 2016 at 06:16 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-I am with you too on using what we have-since we are going away in a couple of weeks for a month, time to use things up. The other day I made cookies that needed choc chips but I subbed in some other chocolate we had instead. That old adage-waste not, want not! We were wondering what to have for dinner tonight and DH and I decided on tuna salad on fresh buns and potato salad. DD does not like tuna but she loves grilled salmon-we had one piece left in the freezer so that will go on the BBQ for her. Good chance to use up some small random things in the freezer.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    FBM-I am with you too on using what we have-since we are going away in a couple of weeks for a month, time to use things up. The other day I made cookies that needed choc chips but I subbed in some other chocolate we had instead. That old adage-waste not, want not! We were wondering what to have for dinner tonight and DH and I decided on tuna salad on fresh buns and potato salad. DD does not like tuna but she loves grilled salmon-we had one piece left in the freezer so that will go on the BBQ for her. Good chance to use up some small random things in the freezer.
    Exactly! Good time to be creative! I told my man what we had for veggies in the fridge and we planned the meals with those the past too nights. We wanted something sweet last night so instead of DQ or making brownies (save for another time) we heated up haystacks I made the other day and added a bit of icecream. It was great and used up the last few cookies.
    We have so much fish, chicken etc in freezer so it will encourage us to use it up. Then we can start fresh (I have over $700 in PC PTS so can do a shopping spree )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

With school almost done I will be cooking extra at dinner so I can have leftovers in Tupperware ready to heat up for DS for his lunch. This will help cleaning up the freezers and getting stuff used up.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Had a fun weekend of doing nothing (well, actually, it involved the usual touristy stuff in my neighbourhood - drinking sake, beer & convincing lost tourists to try to local brew ).

Yesterday's appt with the oncologist went a bit better than I hoped. The bad news is that the cancer has spread to the bones (already suspected, last week's catscan confirmed it). The good news is that the infection is cleared up, my Mom's in better shape than the last time the Dr saw her, & a modified chemo will start next week (she can't have full chemo - it's too much for her - but at least they're finally doing something and there is a plan in place).

Better get going and start figuring out dinner for the brats (well, for the human too, but we know where my priorities lie ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Last edited by Andit; Tue, Jun 21st, 2016 at 04:17 PM. Reason: wonky spacing

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information