• 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: Has anyone attended an Estee Lauder Sears "dinner event:?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello....I just received an invitation to an Estee Lauder "customer appreciation garden party" bring-a-friend event taking place in Sears, which apparently includes dinner (??!), a free gift, draws, gift with purchase (which I'm sure anyone can get) etc. It sounds a little tedious: I picture someone chatting on and on about products while some gals pass around hors d'oeuvres trays...I was always an Elizabeth Arden customer until they disappeared from Sears, so I'm not sure if this is worth attending.
    Has anyone attended this type of thing? Was it worth it?
    Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

that is weird Lynn, at the Sears in the Mall I am positive they still have the Elizabeth Arden counter? Now I'm curious if they moved out of just certain store locations depending on their sales?
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    that is weird Lynn, at the Sears in the Mall I am positive they still have the Elizabeth Arden counter? Now I'm curious if they moved out of just certain store locations depending on their sales?
    @walkonby , the dame at the EL counter said something like "ohhhh, they did it to themselves, with online ordering...blah, blah, China, blah, blah..." I never could find out why they pulled out of Sears or vice versa. I think I saw the line advertised at Shoppers, but since I rarely go there, I haven't checked it out, yet.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hi @Lynn49 , yes they are sold at SDM, I know this because I know someone who uses ONLY Elizabeth Arden products and loves earning Optimum points to boot! Not being a regular SDM shopper myself I visit there for very few things.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I haven't been - but I know that friends have been to just the meet and greet ones (no dinner) and have come away with awesome gift bags.

EL is also available at SDM beauty boutique online

https://www.beautyboutique.ca/brand/estee-lauder
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @walkonby , I'm going to phone our SDM near us; I always hate going there, it's in our mall and I rarely if ever go to the mall. I'll use up the EL foundation I have now, but I'll go right back to my EA when that's done, even if I have to order it on line...oh! I'll be in TO next weekend..perhaps a trip to the Bay is in order..
    @Natalka , it's Elizabeth Arden I'm searching for, not Estee Lauder. I love the EA foundation; it's almost like "spackle" without the heaviness and I need that now!! Thanks for the heads-up re that invitation thing; I'm trying to figure out just what "dinner" means in a store! LOL!! Trays of stuff, I imagine...not worth having, but a nice goody-bag would be! I wonder if our DD would go with me...
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The reason I mentioned the online thing is that it prob means the same things are sold in store.
    Here, we have a few SDM beauty boutique locations as well as regular SDMs - is that the same in your city??

They also have Eliz Arden - if you sign up for email you get a free shipping code

https://www.beautyboutique.ca/Brands...-Arden/c/ARDEN
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 3rd, 2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Lynn49 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    The reason I mentioned the online thing is that it prob means the same things are sold in store.
    Here, we have a few SDM beauty boutique locations as well as regular SDMs - is that the same in your city??

They also have Eliz Arden - if you sign up for email you get a free shipping code

https://www.beautyboutique.ca/Brands...-Arden/c/ARDEN
    Morning, @Natalka . Yep, they have a beauty boutique here, also, which I have shopped in, and if I think of it later today, I'll call to find out if they carry EA. I'm not as happy with the EL foundation I'm using now.
    Thanks for the tip re the shopping code!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello....I just received an invitation to an Estee Lauder "customer appreciation garden party" bring-a-friend event taking place in Sears, which apparently includes dinner (??!), a free gift, draws, gift with purchase (which I'm sure anyone can get) etc. It sounds a little tedious: I picture someone chatting on and on about products while some gals pass around hors d'oeuvres trays...I was always an Elizabeth Arden customer until they disappeared from Sears, so I'm not sure if this is worth attending.
    Has anyone attended this type of thing? Was it worth it?
    Thank you!
    I have attended these in the past.....way too tempting to spend money. Did you go?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Nope, I didn't attend. I did get a phone call also, but politely declined the invitation.
    barbis9 likes this.

Thread Information