• 3 Post By momof3heathens
  • 4 Post By list465
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: Robax Thermacare Heat Wraps

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a searing backache earlier this week, so when DH picked up my Robax Platinum pills (love them!), he also picked up their heat wraps, 3 in a pkg.
    I put one on and I have to say, "not worth the money". The little pads left pink marks on my skin (the pkg does warn about possible burns, but they didn't hurt at all), but as far as relief goes....nothing. I'll stick to the Robax Platinum pills when my back acts up because of everything I've tried, they're the ones that work.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Mark's
    Candini, bullet tooth and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I like Robax as well, it helped me a lot after I had my daughter (Epidurals left me with random back spasms that would send me to the floor)

Never tried the robax wraps.... I tried something similar (Can`t think of the name) from Pharma plus, it got really warm upon placement then has a cooling, tingling effect - doesn`t hurt or anything.
    It felt nice, wouldn`t say it 100% cured the pain but it was alright , I would buy them again.

Trying to find them online ...Hah! Icy hot.

Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @Candini ...I'll try those net time; being sticky they'll probably stay in place better than a wrap.
    Candini and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I had a searing backache earlier this week, so when DH picked up my Robax Platinum pills (love them!), he also picked up their heat wraps, 3 in a pkg.
    I put one on and I have to say, "not worth the money". The little pads left pink marks on my skin (the pkg does warn about possible burns, but they didn't hurt at all), but as far as relief goes....nothing. I'll stick to the Robax Platinum pills when my back acts up because of everything I've tried, they're the ones that work.
    I am stunned you got NO relief at all @Lynn49 ??? As far as wraps go we ONLY use those Robax heat wraps, in fact I swear by them ( the very long ones that wrap right around the waist/ and or hip area and it Velcros together.)
    My DD LOVES them too!
    I am especially thrilled that they stay heated and quite warm for many hours, ( makes sleeping so much better ) not anything like the cheap knockoff ones Rexall sells, I returned 3 boxes of those for a refund as they barely even warmed and then the heat did not last either.
    Robax always offers coupons, so we wait for a sale , then apply the coupons too!
    Lynn49, Candini and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 , another decent product that seems to be more reasonably priced is Salon Pas stick on patches.
    I use them mainly for knee pain but back pain patches are there too.

Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jun 6th, 2016 at 01:25 PM.
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

+1 for salonpas
    Lynn49, walkonby and dededi like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

+ 2 for Salonpas

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , yep, absolutely no relief at all; just a few pink marks left to prove it was even there in the first place. I was really disappointed, I had expected it to feel like I was walking around with a heating pad, but nope.
    I've been using Salonpas for a few years now on and off, primarily for knee pain and I guess I've used it for back pain, too, but I wish they made them in much larger sizes...

I guess I'll stick to the Robax Platinum pills, esp for the upcoming weekend trip for DD's 70th b'day with the kids...and with the itinerary our DD put together, I'll need them!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Interesting info - I can't use any such wraps, but sometimes I think my husband could.
    @Lynn49 , only problem with using the Robax is no booze while on them - bummer!
    Hope you get some relief soon! Have you looked into seeing a massage therapist if your husband can't do it for you?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Interesting info - I can't use any such wraps, but sometimes I think my husband could.
    @Lynn49, only problem with using the Robax is no booze while on them - bummer!
    Hope you get some relief soon! Have you looked into seeing a massage therapist if your husband can't do it for you?
    Wait.
    What???
    No wine while on them??
    ....{{{makes note to find alternative pain remedy}}}

@Natalka, honestly, if anyone touched my back when it's "out" like that I think I'd strangle them! If that particular pain had still been there yesterday, I was determined to go to a chiropractor to make it go away (even though my opinion of them generally isn't favourable, I have needed one, once in a while). It's almost gone and I'm being very careful about not re-injuring it again (athough I have no idea what might have brought it on this time, but as @walkonby said to me, it could be nothing at all...those things just pop up out of no where for no reason whatsoever!).

I don't want to be a drag this weekend on our trip to TO for Hubby's b'day with our DD and her DH...
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I am glad it's better for you - and I know darned well it can be the tiniest little thing which can set off back pain.

Just for the future, if you feel you couldn't handle massage, something to look into is acupressure - I have had sessions from a doc who did it, and it literally was him just finding small points and touching them - worked very well at the time.
    I've seen a chiro in the past as well, just would never let him crack anything...
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

@Natalka

When you said no booze I assume you meant the pills right? Cause of the acephiminophen? (Sp?)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, no alcohol with the pills. Not with the acet., but especially not with the muscle relaxant which is in them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Your daughter is 70?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @walkonby, yep, absolutely no relief at all; just a few pink marks left to prove it was even there in the first place. I was really disappointed, I had expected it to feel like I was walking around with a heating pad, but nope.
    I've been using Salonpas for a few years now on and off, primarily for knee pain and I guess I've used it for back pain, too, but I wish they made them in much larger sizes...

I guess I'll stick to the Robax Platinum pills, esp for the upcoming weekend trip for DD's 70th b'day with the kids...and with the itinerary our DD put together, I'll need them!
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Another item i highly recommend is Voltaren. You can get a stronger dose than what's on the shelf via prescription if needed.

Thread Information