User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: When do you think the next "spend your points" day will be?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hello there fellow Optimum collectors. At the urging of a good friend, I really only started going full tilt with Optimum last year and it has been awesome. I LOVE the load your own digital coupons, that has made a huge difference for me and how much I earn. I have already redeemed for a large ticket item and now I am up there again with a good amount of points.

My question to everyone is this-when do you think the next spend your points day might be? Do any of you know if they are seasonal or happen during predictable times (ie-mid summer, after christmas etc). I know it isnt set in stone but I want to purchase an underwater digital camera for an upcoming trip and I was hoping it might be soon. the camera was on sale last month but I just wasnt close enough points wise to justify the purchase. Any ideas from you SDM experts out there? thanks in advance...
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    torontogal12 likes this.

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
    Hello there fellow Optimum collectors. At the urging of a good friend, I really only started going full tilt with Optimum last year and it has been awesome. I LOVE the load your own digital coupons, that has made a huge difference for me and how much I earn. I have already redeemed for a large ticket item and now I am up there again with a good amount of points.

My question to everyone is this-when do you think the next spend your points day might be? Do any of you know if they are seasonal or happen during predictable times (ie-mid summer, after christmas etc). I know it isnt set in stone but I want to purchase an underwater digital camera for an upcoming trip and I was hoping it might be soon. the camera was on sale last month but I just wasnt close enough points wise to justify the purchase. Any ideas from you SDM experts out there? thanks in advance...
    Many times it is cheaper to buy when the item is on sale or if you csn get a seniors discount as the redemption bonus can be as little as 30$ depending on the cost of the camera 20% off can make more of a difference. Best thing is to work out on paper your different options. Find out if you don't already know the sale price (seniors won't work on a sale item)
    As for redemption I rarely do them but I've noticed they are fewer and farther between and often beauty rdemptions or other. But there are other member that csn tell you what came up next this time last year maybe @lecale or @amira

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I'm waiting for bonus redemption also! I think mid July if I remember from past years but you never know could be early!
    alohamom and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for the input Carly and AM... Anna Michelle, I totally know what you mean about the buying it on sale vs using a redeem your points bonus. I am kind of kicking myself for not just buying last month as it was $179 instead of $249 but I just couldnt swing it then. This trip is already costing us a fortune and I have two digital cameras already (not an underwater one) so I really wanted to be able to have more points toward it, I just wont buy it if it doesnt work out and save my points for something else. What I think really kills the deal with the spend your points bonus is the tax. Thanks again - hoping to hear from others too...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From my own observation the redemption cycle is Murale, SDM beauty, SDM. Murale just had their redemption so SDM beauty is the next one.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thanks!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There is usually one in July, but the dates have been off this year so who knows. I find that the higher ticket items and especially electronics are often cheaper to redeem on regular weeks as they put them up to full price for redemption weekends
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't have answers on the redemption but the Olympus "Tough" underwater camera is excellent. We've used it on many trips, smashed it on coral, smashed it on a rock. Dropped it. Still good, and the photos look good. I also redeemed my points for that one.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    There is usually one in July, but the dates have been off this year so who knows. I find that the higher ticket items and especially electronics are often cheaper to redeem on regular weeks as they put them up to full price for redemption weekends
    I was kind of hoping they might put it on sale again before I go away just because of this! Thanks for your input, I am going to be watching...
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I don't have answers on the redemption but the Olympus "Tough" underwater camera is excellent. We've used it on many trips, smashed it on coral, smashed it on a rock. Dropped it. Still good, and the photos look good. I also redeemed my points for that one.
    This is what I have heard! I am a member on a travel forum and the camera I am looking at is often suggested on that forum for a relatively inexpensive yet reliable underwater camera that produces great clear photos. When I saw it at SDM I had to do a double take and then...boom, I knew what I would be aiming for next! Thanks for your confirmation of this...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Since I did a big redemption this week, with my luck it will be soon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol @MrsMer

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMer View Post
    Since I did a big redemption this week, with my luck it will be soon.
    I hear ya!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@alohamom , here's a post in which I track the past SPEND YOUR POINTS events for ON, excludes BEAUTY SPEND YOUR POINTS.

In comparing 2016 to prior years, way less promotions.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/401304-...events-canada/
    alohamom and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    @alohamom , here's a post in which I track the past SPEND YOUR POINTS events for ON, excludes BEAUTY SPEND YOUR POINTS.

In comparing 2016 to prior years, way less promotions.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/401304-...events-canada/
    thanks so much!
    rockco likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information