User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Have you ever used a Canon printer?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm hoping to hear about the canon prisma MX492 specifically but any canon printer reviews would be appreciated. I hate my hp eprinter because it constantly needs to be reset/reconnected to my wifi and the canon is on sale this weekend.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

We have a Canon laser printer. Don't know the model at the moment (not at home).

We've had the printer for about 3 or 4 years and really like it. But it is a laser printer. I am a convert to laser printers over ink jet ones. The cartridge doesn't dry out and it prints more quickly and cleanly.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Google "MX492 review" and the results will come up with several websites with reviews of the printer. Keep in mind to also check on the cost of replacement cartridges as most companies will sell the printers relatively cheap, but then overcharge for the replacement cartridges. Below are the reviews from Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-MX492-W.../dp/B00RN08584

PS - Amazon Canada has the printer on sale for $60.99 with free shipping, and you can earn some cash back through various third party websites.

https://www.amazon.ca/Canon-PIXMA-MX.../dp/B00RN08584
    Last edited by mulock; Mon, Jun 20th, 2016 at 12:57 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a canon ink jet, different model, no complaints, really liked it. switched it out for a laser printer (brother--love it) as I do a lot of printing also as someone mentioned lasers don't dry out. depends on your needs. (I had an hp too which I didn't work well for me either.)

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i recently got a brother laser one too and love it https://www.brother.ca/en-CA/Printer...tail/HLL2360DW it's on sale at staple right now
    cartridges can be purchased from amazon i believe on average $20. Mine came with 3 so i won't need to buy one for awhile. I had an ink jet before and didn't like it but that was years ago. Maybe they are better these days.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have a Canon MF4890dx which is a laser print-copy-scan-fax, wireless, duplex (two-sided copy) and it is an excellent workhorse and no real issues about the wifi except 1) sending scans over wifi is sooo slow and 2) in order to scan I have to have one hand on the printer control panel and one hand on the mouse, which defeats the purpose of wireless.

The last printer was a Canon too, an earlier model with print-copy-scan-fax, duplex but no wireless. I upgraded my operating system and they did not release drivers for the scanner so I had to upgrade my printer to scan again. I got 6 years out of the last one and someone down at Value Village is very happy (provided they are not running Windows 10).

Totally happy with the print-copy-faq but the scanner has been the issue in both models.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love my Canon printer!

I had HP and I hated it. It would take forever to align and I went through HP cartridges like water. HP quality has gone downhill - they used to be amazing. Will never buy another HP again. Even the president of HP said that their main revenue is not from the actual printer but the ink refills.

My Canon colour is out of ink but still allows me to print in black ink - prints great. I got mine from redeeming Shoppers Optimum points 2 years ago and it was the best decision I made. Highly recommend Canon - you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Jul 8th, 2016 at 08:39 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is your HP older than 3 years? My bf had problems with his printer because it wasn't 5G compatible, and the new Rogers supposedly dual-band modem suck at beaming 2.4G Wifi. Buying new would solve the problem because new ones all run on 5G. Alternatively, you might just need to change the channel on your wifi setting.

I have been using Canon for a decade, can't complain. Like the previous comment, it allows me to print black even when colour is out. I had an HP a decade ago that seized to work unless ink is refilled, even when I only wanted to scan.

I was at Island Inkjet last year, the guy recommend Brother. If you don't print at least once a week, the ink would dry up and skips. You'd have to waste ink to "clean" it. But not with Brother. Brother's printer is best if you don't print too often. No word on quality.
    barbis9 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only use epson printers, so far so good.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Canon 750D three years, it is really good and working well now.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Our old (10+ years ago) printers were inkjets and were Canon, HP and Epson and I didn't like any of them. Printers can smell fear.

I currently have a Brother laser printer and I like it a lot. I would recommend it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have canon printer in past they work really well
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I purchased this printer for my classroom. As an special education teacher, I often need to print color copies or scan, within the classroom. My old printer, (which I loved) died. I was very hesitant about choosing this one; however, it turned out to be an extremely good choice! IT IS WONDERFUL! It prints beautifully! Color copies are sharp with appropriate shading. Best of all, the operation of the printer/scanner is very simple, which is wonderful for technologically-challenged humans...lol. I definitely recommend this printer.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Works great no issues
    Also have the canon mx532 and it's awesome

Sale on the mx532 is an amazing price
    Name:  Screenshot_20180827-210340_reebee.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  511.2 KB
    Last edited by mandy403; Mon, Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Edit to include sale on printers

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Haha just realized this is a post from 2016. Hope the new info helps someone
    Lik0909 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information