User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Britanica
  • 1 Post By PageTurner

Thread: Toning up?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am at a point where, other than like 2 inches off my waist, and maybe 4 off my hips, I would be happy. I think this can be done by simply toning my body. I am not sure what the best way to go about doing this though. What do you all think? I have a treadmill, a rebounder, a kettlebell, and a stability ball at my disposal. I want to tone my stomach, legs, and butt :p
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello there!

I felt the same way just a few months ago-- I was in school and sitting down a lot. And after a few months, I felt my self getting an inch bigger here, two inches bigger there, and feeling overall less healthy.

So I did two things. First, I went on Youtube and tried looking for fun workouts that I could do in my room. I would suggest looking at "Blogilates". It's free and Cassie (who runs it) has some fun stuff you can do in your living room on a yoga mat. Don't be disheartened if it seems too tough at first, do what you can and your strength will slowly increase. Just make sure you stay super hydrated when you start doing the extra exercise. Also, try to cut down just 1 sugary snack per week (I cheat regularly so I don't binge on sugar and chocolate, but I try to curb it a bit more now). Don't deprive yourself right away-- the CRAVINGS are crazzzzzyyyy if you do!

Secondly, I also started going on my elliptical (first for 15 minutes, and then gradually working up to 30). Do this 3-4 times a week.

I surely saw a difference in about a month. But my main suggestion would be to do this in a healthy way, so whatever you do, don't go all out at once. The best part is watching yourself get stronger. It increases your endurance, which in turn allows you to work out longer, and that's when you see results!!!!

Now, I've added 3 or 5 pound weights to some of my workouts and I'm feeling much better. It's all about a slow, yet steady progression.

Good luck and I wish you all the best.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Thread Information