Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By lll111
  • 2 Post By Mia001
  • 1 Post By EvilTofu

Thread: Closet Organizer

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Looking at closet organizers, I have 2 reach in closets that I designed how it would be most useful for me. My problem is that pricing out on ikea for a pax system is $1000 per closet which is expensive for the material. The ready made ones don't utilize the space as well.

My main issue is to have drawers in the middle about 6 of them, but don't know where to get these made and to be cost effective, the rest of the space will be cubes, which I can get boards for at probably home depot.

Any ideas where to get drawers made?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot, IKEA
    Ciel and bullet tooth like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

did you think about something like this ?
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Growing up with all custom-made furniture, my advice is DON'T! They are always crappier than store-bought furniture of the same price.

Do you need to buy the wardrobes completely? Or do you already have the reach-in that needed fitting?

If latter case, you may try Ikea ALGOT instead. Otherwise, IKEA is the cheapest one with best value and good design. You may also try Closetmaid if you only need fitting. They have fast-set up system usually on sale in August for back to school, but they aren't that stable. Home Depot has a lot of options, but they can be ugly and more expensive if you need to fit the entire thing. For just a rod and few drawers, Home Depot might be more affordable. You can go get a quote.

Alternatively, you could just put a dresser in the reach-in if you must have drawers. I'm not too fond of plastic drawers. They look terrible, attract dusts and lint. They move around when you open it. Only good if you were in college and move all the time.

Another case for IKEA is their integrated system with same measurements. You can always custom made furniture, but you can't custom made plastic bins and drawer organizers. My parents always love custom-made stuff, they enjoy the attention from the builders. So I have a lot of crappy things at home.. They have kitchen drawers that are 4" shorter and 1.5" narrower than standard. Can't buy cutlery tray anywhere. And there is a waste of 2"-4" in depth all around the kitchen because of poor construction/design. It looks like they made it up as they go... sigh.

I'm not saying custom made is always bad, but you will need to spend more to get good quality.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ikea usually has the closet systems on sale a couple of times per year. That is when you move in and buy your desired drawers!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information