User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Loblaws garden center sale

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

all Garden Centre open on Canada Day ... but close early
    Last edited by anything; Fri, Jul 1st, 2016 at 07:00 PM.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    all garden center is open on Canada Day
    I checked loblaws and RCSS today around 1 and both were closed. A few other bigger ones were open, but more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I checked loblaws and RCSS today around 1 and both were closed. A few other bigger ones were open, but more expensive.

May be next year it is safe to call them re the hour of operation on June 30
    Ciel, samm07 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My Fortinos had the last of the big garden centre stock moved by forklift on the morning of June 30 to the sidewalk
    outside of its two store entrances. No garden centre opening on July 1. Last year, the garden centre was opened in mid-April and done by June 30.
    Currently: Blowout pricing on remaining pots-some windowboxes with flowers remain and hanging baskets plus fertilizer and maybe a bit of soil.
    samm07, dededi and JasmineTea like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I was hopeful my store would be down to 70% yesterday since its slimmer pickings. But still 40% I'd like to get several lilacs for the backyard. Oh well

Ciel, dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a bunch of plants on Canada Day from Atlantic Superstore for 40% off, then at Canadian Tire last weekend 50% off. My garden is the talk of the neighborhood now.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I was hopeful my store would be down to 70% yesterday since its slimmer pickings. But still 40% I'd like to get several lilacs for the backyard. Oh well

Still better than ours. When I was in on Tuesday this week, what little they had left was only 30% off. All they had were huge trees and crappy shrubs. I can't imagine that everything was only 30% because they don't have all that much left. I'm guessing that the annuals and the perennials went at a pretty good price. Every year I miss this dang sale.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Fortinos garden centre had a handwritten sign one weekend (sign was only seen that Sat/Sun) prior to garden centre closing that plants were 50% off. So if shoppers did not redirect themselves then to look for the sale survivors, then they ended up seeing the skids of bagged soil and racks of hanging plants that were left out a week later by store doors.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I went by today as I heard that they will "likely" be closing this week. So j thought for sure today being Monday is see deep discounts in anticipation. Nope!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got a large planter for 8.49 after 70% off today. A lot of the stock needed a lot of tlc but think I can rescue this plant. Not much left. Some cute gardening gloves for kids (Frozen and Spiderman) and tools as well for 70% off org'l price.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went by a Zhers on Sunday and still at 40%. Asked when any further markdowns may be happening and was told they don't know yet... but they are closing this upcoming Saturday. So the super nice girl plunked 50% stickers on anything I wanted.... so rung up at 40% off, then a further 50% off (from Japenesse maples to hostas to hanging planters to vegetables.... anything!). So might be worth asking if further markdowns haven't happened at your store as of yet. Happy planting.
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So I did my usual Tuesday grocery shop yesterday. They must have had a massive clear-out because every single thing is gone. DAH! Missed it again. And then DH has the gall to tell me that one of the grocery stores he visited the next town over was clearing their plants out. "They had some pretty white ones but I didn't get any, sorry."
    mulock, blythwood and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    So I did my usual Tuesday grocery shop yesterday. They must have had a massive clear-out because every single thing is gone. DAH! Missed it again. And then DH has the gall to tell me that one of the grocery stores he visited the next town over was clearing their plants out. "They had some pretty white ones but I didn't get any, sorry."
    Oh shoot! that sucks! I'm dropping a stroller off today to someone so may swing by and see if the signs changed. I was thinking about getting a fig tree! Lol of all things 😂 and some more lilacs 😍 but I can't justify anything else at this point at full price so I'll just wait.

GoJays and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I went on the Saturday and it was 70% but majority of the plants were so dry and almost dead. I did buy 2 plants for $3 that looked half decent and they seem to be doing ok.
    samm07 and toronto166 like this.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pac182 View Post
    I went on the Saturday and it was 70% but majority of the plants were so dry and almost dead. I did buy 2 plants for $3 that looked half decent and they seem to be doing ok.
    I'm a weirdo and love buying almost dead plants and watching them thrive with some tlc... 😂😂 I'm a freak haha! I bought a clematis almost dead and it's looking beautiful now! All bloomed up! I love it!

GoJays and toronto166 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information