User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@cath007 My first laptop lasted 6 years. I think they can last a little longer now because they are made differently (longer battery life...etc). BUT if you want to stay current it becomes out of date the minute you buy it. lol.

Today was a day used for well-needed catching up...remember my must do procrastinator's list before doing more online selling?...
    1) weeded 1/3 garden
    2) lots of laundry
    3) scrapbooked
    4) made 2 lasagnes, one we ate for supper tonight and the other is for a family at church that just had a baby.

Before selling, I want to finish weeding, scrapbooking, finish cleaning grout and do some filing. It is a steep list for a mom of 3 but I am going to keep chipping away.

We had a nice family day yesterday at our church's Canada carnival and fireworks. Next weekend is my sister's bachelorette party.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our son fishing for the very first time today. We didn't catch anything, but he had fun. He played with his little net, threw rocks into the water, and had a little picnic. He wants to go again.

M we had a friend over for BBQ'ed burgers, fresh watermelon, and chocolate milk.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Feeling so lazy today, I did manage to get 2 loads of laundry washed and on the line, goodness good thing we are not dealing with cooking and laundry like they did 50 to 100 years ago or I'd be in real trouble.

I have chicken breasts thawing and a Marie callender's 3 meat lasagna (never tried that product but will see how much we like it or not) it was reasonable and will make a nice dish dish to the chicken.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I took our son fishing for the very first time today. We didn't catch anything, but he had fun. He played with his little net, threw rocks into the water, and had a little picnic. He wants to go again.

M we had a friend over for BBQ'ed burgers, fresh watermelon, and chocolate milk.
    sounds like a delightful time
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    @cath007 My first laptop lasted 6 years. I think they can last a little longer now because they are made differently (longer battery life...etc). BUT if you want to stay current it becomes out of date the minute you buy it. lol.

Today was a day used for well-needed catching up...remember my must do procrastinator's list before doing more online selling?...
    1) weeded 1/3 garden
    2) lots of laundry
    3) scrapbooked
    4) made 2 lasagnes, one we ate for supper tonight and the other is for a family at church that just had a baby.

Before selling, I want to finish weeding, scrapbooking, finish cleaning grout and do some filing. It is a steep list for a mom of 3 but I am going to keep chipping away.

We had a nice family day yesterday at our church's Canada carnival and fireworks. Next weekend is my sister's bachelorette party.
    Online time does certain interfere with chores, glad you got caught up

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

im back -had a lovely time in Collingwood with the grown kids and ashlyn -except I got a cold Friday (I have to work on building my immune system up -heck -and I took everything with us medicine wise except cold capules -so I paid 13.00 in the village
    -my daughter is soo big now I felt my future grandson kick too -sure is a sweet feeling
    -and ashlyn is afraid of water now -she wanted no part of the pool but telling everybody else "you go swim okay,i watch"i am sure it is just a stag
    -we took enough food but treated ourselves out for supper one night with the kids -ashlyn was good the whole trip
    -played A fun card game with the grown kids too -great family time

-stopped on the way home at a small fruit and veggie stand -the carrots,potatoes and tomatoes are so yummy and fresh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    laundry is going to the line. I am totally getting caught up on everything.
    tomorrow I weed, the gardens need it...

today I worked on my family room. we are removing carpet ( ourselves to save costs.)
    I have my pile of stuff to sort...
    my pile of stuff to donate
    and my pile of stuff to sell. lol

tonight , it is natchos, and prob another movie with the kids.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi all,

Mom's chemo went ok, but she developed an infection yesterday (I think the infection from before was never really dealt with). So, she's in hospital til Monday (to be safe). I'll be awol for the foreseeable future.

Lily dog is in heaven - she's been the guest of honour at 2 BBQs so far.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quiet Sunday in here.I just finished my grocery shopping list.Wishing everyone a great evening and a great night!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Inquiring mind want to know: witch compagnies to writhe to receive some coupons per mail?I wrothed tonight to bolthouse carrots,marc angelo and europe best.any others ideas?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent Friday and Saturday as family time. Today has been a day to get stuff done. I picked up all the toys and vacuumed the living room. I am caught up on all the kids clothes again, just need to get it put away. I've continued scrubbing down the outside of cupboards, pantry, doors, walls, and door jambs. Dh drained and flushed the hot water heater in hopes that it will get the rusty colour out of the water. We had the city come out and test the cold water and they said it was fine. The water line coming up to our house was replaced 12 years ago. Dh and I cooked supper together and caught up on the never ending dishes. I'm sore and tired, but I plan on scrubbing the floor after all the kids are in bed. I am posting a short daycare ad on our babysitter Facebook group tonight. If I don't get enough of a response, then I plan on posting a more detailed advertisement.

edit: My daycare post was only 20min old when one last messaged me about a 1/2 time position starting in September.

Update: I have now been contacted by 4 different parents. I'm feeling optimistic. Some want full-time for more than one child.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jul 4th, 2016 at 12:57 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

yay I can watch qc flyers because they are posted this week!!!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Tried to play catch up at home yesterday. I am really struggling with a lack of ambition and energy these days. I just cannot seem to get it together when at home.

Yesterday I did manage to clean the Bathroom & Kitchen. I made Cookie Bars for our meeting this week. I also made Potato Salad and Bean Salad for my lunches this week. I put the pot to the Ice Cream maker in the freezer so I can make Copy Cat Frosty tonight for the meeting. I also roasted some Chick Peas as a snack to carry in my work bag.

Things are getting chaotic at work again, we have 1 new employee in phase 1, was supposed to have another start today who did not, have a new sales rep starting in a week and we have someone else leaving in 2 weeks so looks like I am going to be busy and all over the place as this is in 4 locations.

Also made a nice sale last night, moved a couple tops and dresses, thinking the money will go to shopping at Costco we have a few things we need. I am starting to feel a little defeated as we have been doing the bare minimum when it comes to grocery shopping and it is starting to show. Everywhere we look we are running out of things. For the next few weeks due to vacations Mom is going to be full time so hopefully we can budget in a large shop as things are getting tight.

Well back to work and try to re figure out my week since things have changed. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!Another sunny ,bright and maybe a hot day in here!!! Just wrothe to a few compagnies for coupons,will see what i get .More cleaning today,I need to refind energy and motivation to conquer that.Wishing everyone an awesome day!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great long Canada weekend! Of course the only day it rained here was Canada Day- The day of our festivities in town. I still wanted to get DS out so we went to the beach/arcade. Bumped into one of our hockey families there so that was nice to chat.
    Used the sunshine to dry the laundry Sat morning. Did it at 7am so it was dry and put away early.
    Yesterday I did some shopping and finally organized my coupons. I am so happy with my new set up and I think it will really work to keep me organized and easy to file coupons as soon as I pick them up.
    Meeting a friend this evening for a walk at the waterfront. We are back at it and is perfect timing since I have been so bad lol

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information