User Tag List

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I know how you feel.I feel the same with the crisis of panicking and etc.My psychiatris did not even call me back and I cancelled my last appointement with doctor as i have difficulty to go outside.I am just glad I have medication as the months of may and july are horrible for me because of the dead of my brother and mother.
    @jasperandchar
    @cath007 so sorry you are having the same issues, it's hard. I would suggest calling your doctors office to ensure you have another appointment scheduled and don't cancel I know easier said than done.

I did the same thing in June had to cancel because I had to way of getting there BUT I'm definitely going on Monday. I don't like talk therapy so I hate going, my appointments are quite short 1/2 hour and sometimes it's nice to have someone else's opinion or advice that is a professional. I will admit it's hard regardless (hugs) to you and everyone else dealing with mental illness.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh so hot need to get a few groceries but will go out in the morning
    -cooked a lovely pork tenderloin with broccoli carrots and mashed potatoes

-gonna go do my puzzle as to hot out just put the garbage out and wow is all I can say

-daughter called me at 5.00 she went to the doctor today and baby boy is no longer breetch-yippee but he may be a big baby boy-so glad for her she plans to work til aug31-as she has some holidays to use up -but I doubt she will be able to go that long she is pretty big and everyone is commenting that she looks like she is due anyday -plus she is 5'3-i am 5'4-anyway I am happy everything is okay

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Send me your address if you want another- I won't use it
    pm you
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So happy today is Friday. It's been a long week. I am taking Monday as a vacation day yippee. I have not looked at the flyers yet but I am not sure we need much.
    Sweet Sparrow: I don't know if you have a Longo's close but the corn sale is this weekend. I did not see the price but it's usually reasonable and the corn is always yum. If I get to the flyer I will post the price. I am thinking corn with supper tonight, I will pick some up on my way to get the teen.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Avon: great news about your DH. I love London, when we retire we plan to return to the area. My brother is back there after 25 years and my parents are close. And as you know they have great hospitals which is needed.
    J &C and Cath: I hope you guys are able to get some reprieve from your depression. Even just sharing it helps because then it's not a secret and you don't feel so alone. I think if more people talked openingly and willingly we would really remove the stigma, but I also believe we are getting a lot better so thank you for sharing.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF is right!!! Have lots to do today at work so the day should go by quickly (and not pressing stuff so won't be stressful!)

Tonight is just the youngest and me. Depending how I feel I may start laundry but really may just leave it for tomorrow.

I am thinking of picking up Greek take-out tonight! But will see how I feel later.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This weekend/week I hope to stock up on:

Stayfree pads $1.94 less $2 coupon. 6 cents profit on each one (hope they re-stock shelf daily!!)
    Aveeno Body Wash $4.99 (SDM) less $5 coupon. Pay 65 Tax (Will pm at RCSS and Walmart too)
    Giseledta, Ciel and French Lady like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Don't forget to redeem your one day BOGO coupons today.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Sweet Sparrow
    I tried the two recipes that you shared. I thought that the cupcakes were ok, but I'm not a big fan of cake.
    http://www.glorioustreats.com/2011/0...es-recipe.html

We just iced the cupcakes this morning while the twins were napping. I found it too sweet and I used the lesser amount of icing sugar in the recipe. The freshly whipped icing separated when we piped on the icing, which has happened to me in the past. I'm not really sure how to avoid this. I think I might try the cream cheese icing from the cupcake website.
    http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/b...ream-frosting/
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh just went grocery shopping this morning at 8.00 a.m got home at 10.00 p.m went to walmart then fortinos -cause their corn was 10/1.99 -Ontario grown local -and it is so yummy -haven't shopped in awhile 10 days-spent 128.73

-just hung my clothing out and brought the blue boxes and green bin in -soooo hot gave the 2 garbage men a bottle of water each
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@avoncallingu : That's wonderful news about your husband!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sweet Sparrow: I don't know if you have a Longo's close but the corn sale is this weekend. I did not see the price but it's usually reasonable and the corn is always yum. If I get to the flyer I will post the price. I am thinking corn with supper tonight, I will pick some up on my way to get the teen.
    @lilo0003 : I just saw corn advertised at Fortinos as "first of the season" so I'm glad I haven't missed it. I'm going to have to visit as I have a raincheck for some tree ripened peaches I will need to get for LO's birthday party this weekend. Lots of prep work and lots to pick up for Sunday! I seem to remember that a small gathering of three families (all with one child) seemed to be just as much work as this party of 25.
    @jasperandchar and @cath007 : I agree with lilo0003 that it's great to have both of you openly sharing about your struggles. There are a lot of preconceived notions surrounding depression and I'm surprised that there's so much that we don't know about something that seems so prevalent in our society.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ Sweet Sparrow
    I tried the two recipes that you shared. I thought that the cupcakes were ok, but I'm not a big fan of cake.
    http://www.glorioustreats.com/2011/0...es-recipe.html

We just iced the cupcakes this morning while the twins were napping. I found it too sweet and I used the lesser amount of icing sugar in the recipe. The freshly whipped icing separated when we piped on the icing, which has happened to me in the past. I'm not really sure how to avoid this. I think I might try the cream cheese icing from the cupcake website.
    http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/b...ream-frosting/
    @Angela273 : Thank you for the reviews on the cupcakes! I'm not really a cake person either, but it was the closest I could find to a boxed cake. I don't think these floured, sugared mixes differ too much in their taste unless you add other flavourants like aromatic extracts, or ingredients like applesauce or banana.

Is it possible to increase the moisture content when doing the icing? A little more milk?
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes jasper and cath -thank you for sharing your feeling -it helps to talk about it I bet
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Angela273: Thank you for the reviews on the cupcakes! I'm not really a cake person either, but it was the closest I could find to a boxed cake. I don't think these floured, sugared mixes differ too much in their taste unless you add other flavourants like aromatic extracts, or ingredients like applesauce or banana.

Is it possible to increase the moisture content when doing the icing? A little more milk?
    Yes, you can add more milk, but it thins out the icing. The butter separated from the rest of the mixture, which makes the icing look like it has sparkles. This happened to the cupcake icing on my son's birthday cupcakes 2yrs ago, and my brother asked me what the sparkles were because he liked it.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This website has suggestions on how to fix icing after it separates. I guess I'll be doing more baking and icing this week.

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-resc...ave-a-br-69323
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information