User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Many different WAYS TO MAKE MONEY

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If your swimming in debt claim Bankruptcy and start fresh.. that's what it's there for
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Agree with @brunt 's suggestion about the textbook collecting and reselling. I knew someone who made some needed money from reselling books found at the curb. Not sure that the person made as much as the buddy of a buddy mentioned-he must have his technique down, have a vehicle and know which programs need books the most!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sometimes going on walks to look for refundable bottles and cans can lead to random coins or bill finds as well. It's money and you choose when to go.
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Bullet tooth you have amazing writing skills. Even though I felt incredibly sad for your situation I enjoyed your descriptive and colorful way of telling your story. I wish I could give you suggestions of ways to make some money but I was looking in this section for ways of doing that myself BUT reading your story made me see the glass half full. If this was a go fund me page, I'd happily donate a few bucks for that alone.
    It's too late now but with the flooding issue, 311 is a great resource. You would at least get the camera inspection for free and occasionally the problem is due to something on the City side of the property line.
    I wish you luck and hope you hone your writing skills. Maybe find some workshops and get out there, work on the social anxiety and network. There is a creative, funny personality here that comes through even at this bad time in your life. I hope you find a way to make it all work out.

One thing, have you thought of airbnb? If you have an extra room, that could bring in some extra cash.
    Last edited by SharonMe; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 09:47 AM.
    lucy16076 and candogrl like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for sharing though

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, In this case collateral loan canada would be the best option as you can get instant cash according to the value of your car's title.
    dededi likes this.

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by David Nguyen View Post
    Hey, In this case collateral loan canada would be the best option as you can get instant cash according to the value of your car's title.
    With all due respect, this thread is about making money, not going further into debt. The two are the antithesis of each other.

Debt is always an undesirable choice of varying degree of bad. But someone who is in a position of needing extra money to get by, any action that increases their expenses going forward is asking for a whole world of hurt.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hi there: I admire your spirit of fighting back against debt. Posters have covered many of the possibilities so I only have two to add.

I dumpster dive on a selective basis. For example, our high school threw out a batch of computers because they were updating their equipment. Nothing wrong with the older ones, and they were salable. My DH and I were hip deep in keyboards for about an hour and scavenged a few complete units which my husband fixed up for a local charity that gives free computers to poorer children.
    I have been a working writer for decades now and I've made a decent enough living at it. It is difficult to start from zero but you can work on becoming a copy writer -- not glamor writing, to be sure, but it can pay OK. http://www.rachel-ingram.co.uk/copyw...ce-copywriter/ If you like to work with words, this might be an option.
    lucy16076 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I agree with this post...you have GREAT writing skills! Start a blog! You can do it for next to free if not free, & tell your story! Visit other blogs to get ideas, ones like Mr Money Mustache, Millenial Money Man, Cait Flanders, Budgets are Sexy, half Banked, Biggerpockets, Rockstar Finance best blogs, etc. All may not amount to being 100% usable, but bits from every site you encounter will paint a picture that you can dialogue about to gain your own following! Good luck & be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    Bullet tooth you have amazing writing skills. Even though I felt incredibly sad for your situation I enjoyed your descriptive and colorful way of telling your story. I wish I could give you suggestions of ways to make some money but I was looking in this section for ways of doing that myself BUT reading your story made me see the glass half full. If this was a go fund me page, I'd happily donate a few bucks for that alone.
    It's too late now but with the flooding issue, 311 is a great resource. You would at least get the camera inspection for free and occasionally the problem is due to something on the City side of the property line.
    I wish you luck and hope you hone your writing skills. Maybe find some workshops and get out there, work on the social anxiety and network. There is a creative, funny personality here that comes through even at this bad time in your life. I hope you find a way to make it all work out.

One thing, have you thought of airbnb? If you have an extra room, that could bring in some extra cash.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The interesting part in this thread is the list of things which were suggested - one of them sticks out in particular:

- I would not recommend selling the house in a raising housing market!

A better strategy would be to use the equity in the house and put it to work constructively.

With interest this low, it's quite easy to register a secured line of credit against the house and structure a revers mortgage in such a way as to invest the equity in some selected ETF's with the result being a self-liquidating loan or an income producing arrangement which creates more than the amout of the monthly payments on the loan, with the rest of the positive cash flow being available to reduce or even cover living expenses entirely.

On a few occasions I was able to follow basically the same strategy and put super low interest rate MBNA VISA cash advances at 0.95% into high yielding ETF's for 18 months creating a positive cash flow for the entire duration on a smaller scale than what may be possible by using a more substantial amount of money as the equity in a home or other property would provide.

Knowing how to assess the risks and rewards on both sides of the equation helps to make these type of transactions relatively safe and profitable.
    Last edited by candogrl; Mon, Dec 4th, 2017 at 01:58 AM. Reason: correction
    lucy16076 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

maybe look into getting in to data input or medical transcriptions. If you can get security cleared maybe transcription for the crowns office or ppsc.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can do various jobs using your computer/laptop on websites like Fiverr, the basic gig will get you $5, I started four years ago and now a level two seller.
    lucy16076 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Why on earth would you contribute a million dollars to plumbing in a house/apartment that you have no interest in? I keep stumbling on this post somehow and I keep thinking this must be a fake post. I couldn't do enough side jobs to get 1 million dollars anytime soon. It would take me 20 years to pay that off if not more. In such situations never borrow from your family members. You should have borrowed from a bank, then at least you could have claimed bankruptcy. If this story is for real, you owe your dad a debt 1 million dollars and live in a house that you have no interest in. It would have been cheaper if you had just rented and gotten your landlord to worry about these maintenance. Your relationship has killed you financially.
    Last edited by liquidpill; Mon, Feb 26th, 2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Join Swagbucks great way to earn free gift cards
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/liquidpill

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, what a treasure! Many thanks for this list of useful resources, like them a lot. Recommend checking all links for everybody who wants to become a crypto expert. As I see, there aren’t specific websites focused on cloud mining, would be cool to add some. For example, reviews of cloud sites, comparisons, lists of discounts and promo campaigns (you may start here: http://hashflarecode.com). Good luck in expanding the guide!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    go back to school and get a degree in nursing or a trade.

quit drinking, smoking or any recreational drugs
    good advice huh
    Last edited by natalieroi; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 04:55 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information