User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Mistakes at cash

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

This is really starting to bother me. And it's happening more and more. And I feel like yes it is my job to double check my receipt before I leave... But I also feel like this is a cashiers JOB to ensure Things are scanning correctly. Literally what they are paid to do.

I went to loblaws to get some tiger towels. While there I was browsing and found danactive drinkable yogurts for 50% off. My son drinks like 4 a day so it's a treat I only buy when super cheap. So from regular $5.99, they were on sale for $4.99. Then 50% off so $2.49! I also had $1 coupon. So $1.49! Perfect! I grab all three! I check out and I think hmm that seemed high, I pay and I check my receipt on the way out. I was charged for FOUR danactives. Ok that's fine I'll get them to refund that. Then I notice they only took 50% off TWO!? Wtf? It was so messed up. And when I was trying to have it sorted it was like I was asking them to tell me the purpose of life. Simple math. I should get $4.99 returned PLUS $2.50 from the one that wasn't discounted.... Like seriously it is just not rocket science. I somehow ended up with $6 in cash? Lol... I was just annoyed at this point and left. They were very nice and all but really... Then upon further investigation they never scanned my points card! Even though I handed it to the frigging cashier 😓 I had an offer 200pts/$1 on tiger towels!!!! 7600 points that worked out to! Ugh! I sent in a transaction request anyone! But holy hell what a frikin cluster****! I said to my husband like it's lucky I'm diligent about this stuff! That's $14+ someone would have been screwed over!

I'm not normally frazzled by this stuff but it seems to happen to me at least once a month. And I'm getting so sick of making an extra trip to customer service, or noticing at home when it's too late because I was rushing with my two toddles out of the store! Like I said yes I should check my receipt, but I think as a customer I should have confidence things will be done correctly like 98% of the time.

Anyway on a side note, loblaws has a new cash system that is insanely confusing while you watch it process. So I do feel for them right now. And it's not like me to rant about customer service because I've been on the other side. So I was patient with them and let the $1.50 go. But then even further hen store level! Why isn't cooperate frikin training their staff! Ugh!

Ok rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Loblaws

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I sure feel your pain samm07. It's the customers responsibility to watch as the products are registered on the screen, I cannot imagine any cashier would care what price came up......but often when you have your mind full with parenting responsibilities it is another aggravation to deal with.
    I have even caught myself getting home only to discover an error in the bill and I don't even have any toddlers distracting me.
    Best of luck!!

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed. I feel like I am on duty all the time. If there was no need there wouldn't be a scop. I say this all the time, "the store people don't chase you down in the parking lot to tell you that they owe you money". If you don't keep an eye on your money "someone else will". Yesterday I had to tell a clerk that she did not owe me $9.00!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

The thing that got me is I had a manager over because I had $19 in coupons! And they were both staring and counting things on the screen 😡 so frustrating! And then you get the eye rolls from cashiers when you ask "did you take the coupon off?" "Sigh yes!" Well I'm sorry but if I don't ask I'll be at customer service having it corrected. I'm just getting sick of the attitude when I doublecheck their work to make sure I don't have to waste time having t fixed. Too many times I've gotten home to realize I was overcharged, they missed a coupon, or something wasn't inputted correctly.

lecale, walkonby, GeorgiaK and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

And like j know some people will say "oh well" but the only reason j go to a store and purchase a specific product is because I have calculated the after everything price and it's a great deal! So if I don't get those prices it defeats all the hard work I put into my planning! I waned $1.49 yogurt! Not to pay for one j didn't purchase, and pay full price to one that is expiring soon! Makes me mad.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Samm, hopefully this doesn't happen in the future. A lot of new cashier are being hired and I understand that some of them don't know how to input coupons properly just yet and many aren't trained because they are just summer employees. You are lucky you caught it while you were still in the store. I had something similar happen but I didn't realize it until I got home, and I had to go to customer service twice. Once to fix the problem and then a second time to fix customer service's mistake. They refunded $.28 on a group of items instead of $0.88
    samm07, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

You are right about more and more mistakes happening. I have been checking my receipts recently when I go out shopping and I find every few shops there is one or two mistakes. I have not been using coupons much as I don't have many but that is another rant. My car was totalled and I don't have a car, can only go when I can borrow my husband's car so anytime I go the coupon board seems to be all cleared.

Another problem I find with Loblaws is that the cashiers seem to make up the rules on the spot sometimes and I don't want to argue with them. Last time I bought couple of packs of yogurts from them they had 50% stickers on them and the sale price was 3.99 a pack but was charged 5.99 a pack less 50% and when I asked the cashier that they should be 50% off 3.99 (sale price on the bin where the yogurts were) I was told the sale is not valid on the clearance ones. The clearance ones would be full price and then 50% even though they were in the same bin as the sale ones. I don't know what is correct but as the prices were not marked on the sticker (50% off of what) so didn't argue but thought to myself this is the last time I am buying something like this on clearance again.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

^^Sorry to hear about your car.
    I can relate to Loblaws cashiers making up their own rules. But I solved this issue pretty quick at my location. The head cashier insisted that I could not get a product for free if the coupon value exceeded the product value. I kept telling her that the policy was to adjust the coupon value down to the price of the item and it would be free. She said that in her 10 years working at this location, she had never heard of such a thing. So I got the policy from Loblaws and yet again she says nope, that the store doesn't do this. Fine. I got her information, my store's information and contacted HQ directly. Told them that I knew way more about the store's policy (as a customer) than a head cashier who has been working with them for a decade. A few days later, everything changed. I suspect my complaint was addressed with the store's management and cashiers. If there is a newbie, I am happy to pull out the policy and teach them Now that everyone is updated with store policies, it makes my shopping experience easier. Sometimes you just gotta speak up.

About mistakes on the receipts, it happens to all of us and while annoying, I do agree that it is up to the customer to be vigilant at the checkout. I got a few SCOPs at the beginning of the year (all at the same store) and after that, all prices seemed to be as advertised...I guess the store realized they were lax and no longer wanted to give away free products lol
    Last edited by d.ot; Fri, Jul 8th, 2016 at 01:43 PM.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll say it again, I love smartcanuckers! Maybe we can get our own show called smartcanuckers!First we learn.....then we teach! Go Grasshoppers!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

so... purchased.. eye drops.. for contact lens... on sale...6:49.... rang up 8.99... I mentioned.. ummm. those areon sale....

seriously... I got a eye roll... and a .... so....
    I looked at the 2 ( yes 2) girls... and said.. someone should go check it...
    took her awhile... the girl grumped the entire time.

I swear. hate that store for that reason.
    dededi likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    so... purchased.. eye drops.. for contact lens... on sale...6:49.... rang up 8.99... I mentioned.. ummm. those areon sale....

seriously... I got a eye roll... and a .... so....
    I looked at the 2 ( yes 2) girls... and said.. someone should go check it...
    took her awhile... the girl grumped the entire time.

I swear. hate that store for that reason.
    Did you get the SCOP once they stopped rolling their eyes?
    kerrylj and francine1985 like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's what you get when people rely on technology to do their job. If they had to type in the prices by hand, like in the old days, the mistakes would probably be less. But then you'd spend more time at the cash and lord knows, people don't have the time to stand around waiting.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

It's more the fact that the manager and cashier supervisor couldn't figure out how to refund me! Lol

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    That's what you get when people rely on technology to do their job. If they had to type in the prices by hand, like in the old days, the mistakes would probably be less. But then you'd spend more time at the cash and lord knows, people don't have the time to stand around waiting.
    The other thing about the old days is that you would almost be certain to be the customer behind the customer who was paying by cheque, and would not have the cheque ready and filled out before getting into the line. And they would have to find their glasses. And they would want to know who the cheque was made out to. And, of course, they wanted everything double bagged with paper bags.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have gotten about $40 in SCOP from Zehrs this year.

I honestly don't get SCOP anywhere else. I think it's their specialty.
    samm07, SavvyLady and agarla like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information