User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Post your Stockpile!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I was so happy to have such a huge stockpile when I started couponing but after awhile, I found it becoming more of a burden. Now? Who knew having less could make you feel so light?
    That new trend of decluttering advocates no stockpile but just buying things as you need, to increase happiness with your living space. I think it was called something like the Japanese Art of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo? I remember reading a part where she was flabbergasted that someone would have 60 toothbrushes, or a collection of toilet paper.

I've gotten rid of my entire fabric softener collection, and most of my laundry detergent and stain remover. The less we have, the less my pre-schooler has to take apart and throw around! Our laundry room makes me happier too with the visual space. Sales will come and go, but being able to walk the entire length of your floor is grand!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xueer246 View Post
    I don't stock as much now as I realized most item can be expired even though there is no expiring date.
    I used body wash I bought 3 years ago and my body feels itchy.
    yes, I still have body wash, lotion, shampoo, and face creams from 2-3 years ago.
    lots of Vichy product, cleanser, face cream, and tampon pad from last year.
    Most personal care products have a shelf life of 2-3 years from the manufacturing date if there is no expiry date and it has never been opened. But that also means no excessive heat, humidity and you don't know how long a product has been on the store shelf before you buy it.

I used to stockpile but found stuff went bad and stopped. If you are not sure if a personal care item is still good - contact the manufacturer.....they usually can tell you based on the stamped code when it was
    made.

I bought stickers from the dollar store that I use to date products as I get so many freebies.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    That new trend of decluttering advocates no stockpile but just buying things as you need, to increase happiness with your living space. I think it was called something like the Japanese Art of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo? I remember reading a part where she was flabbergasted that someone would have 60 toothbrushes, or a collection of toilet paper.

I've gotten rid of my entire fabric softener collection, and most of my laundry detergent and stain remover. The less we have, the less my pre-schooler has to take apart and throw around! Our laundry room makes me happier too with the visual space. Sales will come and go, but being able to walk the entire length of your floor is grand!
    That is exactly the book that I read that started my decrapification mission.

Also I have been keeping track of my purchases for years now so I know my rate-of-use on everything, and I have a good idea of how often everything comes up on sale. If I buy something, I know how long it is going to last me.

I think Extreme Couponing turned everyone into mindless hamsters. I mean people had closetsful of mustard and in this house he puts mustard on absolutely freaking everything and we use two bottles a year.

OTOH I think there is a primal hamster in all of us. We have a natural desire to collect. It's just keeping things under control...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The only thing I stockpile is toilet paper. Whenever I have run out of it and price it out in the store it is so expensive.....now I buy it when it is on sale for a quarter of the price.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The only thing I stockpile is toilet paper. Whenever I have run out of it and price it out in the store it is so expensive.....now I buy it when it is on sale for a quarter of the price.
    Believe it or not, even TP has a shelf life. The binding agent that hold the tissue together starts to disintegrate and the tissue starts to get fluffy /flakey. I am breaking into TP that I purchased when I first joined SC and I see the difference between it and the TP in the stores.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    decrapification

primal hamster
    ROMEO, lecale, N@t@ and 3 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I used to have a nice stockpile and was very proud of it but now the only thing I stockpile are Tampons and Pads. (Went without as a teen so there is some emotional need with this one..lol)
    Now if I need something I know how to get it for a good deal, find the coupon, check which store gives me the reward for it and go. Less complicated. Plus I started having concerns about how healthy these products are (became a mom) when they can sit around for months or years and still be used. I didn't want to expose my child to that and lots of stuff that is free have lots of toxins and chemicals in them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I still stockpile a bit. Small in comparison to some. But it's hubby and I two boys and two dogs. Food mostly. Pasta sauce, noodles, soups, beans, and canned tomatoes. Those are our staples in this house. Things for baking or cooking like oats and flour (stored in the freezer to keep t fresh) butter, peanut butter (we go through a lot!!!) and sauces. And personal stuff like laundry detergent, diapers!!!, feminine products and toothpaste! I just gave away body wash and lotions because we just don't use them. Hubby does but I'm super sensitive to products like that since having my kids! I use coconut oil and just wash with water. Even shampoo I have so so so so so soooooo much! I will not buy any more for a very long time! And also dish stuff. Basically stuff we go through I keep! I've realized that there will always be another opportunity to stock up! So j don't go crazy and j never stock more then I'd use within a year or less. We have a lot of space in our basement too though so one of those things! And I'm obsessed with organizing and purging lol! So I'm constantly rotation and checking dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only thing I am stockpiling is my Home Canning for the winter and only what my family will use within about a year, maybe a little longer. I have just about 80 jars of jams, tomatoes, pickled beets and cucumbers, carrots and cauliflower, and still not done yet.

Other than that, I don't stack it up sky high anymore. Things just expire and all the time and effort put into it is for nothing.....

Things you learn after years of being a SC!!!!
    Natalka, ROMEO, barbis9 and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Wow, that looks great! I'm just always suspicious about trading for printables especially when someone can offer such a high number of ones that limit you to two per device and when asked how they do it they refuse to really say anything.
    When I worked in an office environment, we had a dozen or so computers. I would log in(on my own time) and print 2 coupons of each type from every computer. nothing underhanded about that.
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Nice to hear everyone talking about this! I thought I was the only one without a stockpile anymore!

In 2013 I had a huge stockpile spread over two rooms, seven shelves, boxes of stuff everywhere, and stuff scattered and squirreled everywhere. I was able to pre order any items I wanted from London Drugs and Save On (in that short time they were allowing stacking) and WalMart. In 2013/2014 I used so so so many coupons I couldn't even keep track. While it might sound excessive and everyone told me "your never going to use all of this" I did. When I moved to a house that was over 1,000 sq ft smaller and just didn't have the room to store everywhere. I gave 99.9% of my stockpile away. Family and friends came over and took truck loads of stuff home. The rest I gave to charity.

Currently I do not have one item in my one shelf stockpile that is over 6 months old because things do go bad. While I might not be getting things free anymore the space it gives me and the time I have to focus on other things has been rewarding. Currently I've only used $80 in coupons from January till now. I will start couponing again but will not stockpile like crazy again.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I never did post stockpile photos because I felt intimidated that some or most of them it seemed where soooo big, I felt ..well I had size envy!lol...but here is my stockpile in its current state. running low because I have bought deodorant in 3 yrs..im done to maybe 5 but its organized and I'm proud of it. It might seem like alot for 2 people, but then again we have 4 grown kids who know they can come at anytime and take what they need/want. Name:  IMG_2507.JPG
Views: 618
Size:  129.9 KBName:  IMG_2508.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  125.7 KBName:  IMG_2509.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  91.0 KBName:  IMG_2510.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  126.8 KBName:  IMG_2511.JPG
Views: 633
Size:  121.1 KB

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by weasy71 View Post
    I never did post stockpile photos because I felt intimidated that some or most of them it seemed where soooo big, I felt ..well I had size envy!lol...but here is my stockpile in its current state. running low because I have bought deodorant in 3 yrs..im done to maybe 5 but its organized and I'm proud of it. It might seem like alot for 2 people, but then again we have 4 grown kids who know they can come at anytime and take what they need/want.
    nice metal shelving units
    where did you get these?
    thanks
    ticul, wolfwoman and Davetherave like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same metal shelves and they are just excellent! I got mine from Canadian Tire. To my recollection I paid about $70-80 or so, but maybe a little less, because I do remember them being on sale.
    ticul, wolfwoman, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

the two tall metal units are from Costco. the smaller metal one I got from someone who closed out a store and was selling them cheap.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information