User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Terrorist Attack in Nice France

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A truck drove into a crowd in Nice france celebrating Bastille day, killing dozens. Story still ongoing

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/14/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

26m ago 02:50
    François Hollande is giving a press conference

The French president, François Hollande, has confirmed that 77 people have died “including children”. He says it cannot be denied that it was a terrorist attack.

France has been struck on the day of her national holiday ... the symbol of liberty.

We show our solidarity towards the victims and their families.
    All means are being deployed to help the wounded.
    France as a whole is under the threat of Islamic terrorism. We have to demonstrate absolute vigilance and show determination that is unfailing.
    Therefore I have decided to first maintain a high level of police forces, with 10,00 military staff, as well as our police forces. I have also decided to ask military volunteers to join and help our police forces.
    I have decided that the state of emergency which was supposed to end on July 26 will be extended by three months.”
    Nothing will lead us to give in to our will to fight against terrorism. We are going to strengthen our efforts in Syria and Iraq against those who are attacking us on our very soil.”

“France is afflicted but I assure you she is strong and she will always be stronger than the fanatics that want to strike her today.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...nglais-vehicle

madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Pics are terrible to see - especially heartbreaking is the one with the dolly that many are posting...

Prayers for the families and friends of the deceased, such a terrible tragedy once again.
    madchives likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I read that a lot of police were run over (as there were extra on the streets) and there is a Reuters reporter missing. And the kids.

Sometimes I worry that we are heading for World War III - and Trump wants to go there.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, lecale... someone has to do something about it. Would you rather continue reading about stories like last night's?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

such a terrible disturbed person who would do this, and yes natalka seeing that photo just makes one's heart sob.
    so wishing someone could come up with an idea that would allow people who think killing is something they should do, to not.

p.s. gojays what the heck?
    Last edited by madchives; Fri, Jul 15th, 2016 at 05:50 AM.
    if you have some spare time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

At least 84 people, including 10 children, have been killed in the southern French town of Nice after a truck carrying firearms was driven two kilometers (1.2 miles) through a crowd of revelers on Bastille Day. Fifty others have been injured, 18 of them critically.
    http://www.dw.com/en/bastille-day-tr...tes/a-19401321

Stephanie Simpson, communications director for the Lenval Foundation Hospital in Nice, has said at least 50 children and teenagers have been hospitalized as a result of the truck attack. Injuries included fractures and head injuries. Two of those hospitalized died during or after surgery, she said.
    http://www.dw.com/en/bastille-day-tr...tes/a-19401321
    Last edited by lecale; Fri, Jul 15th, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Well, lecale... someone has to do something about it. Would you rather continue reading about stories like last night's?
    So who is Trump going to bomb? Tunisia supports France and has condemned the attack. The attacker was a French national. Should we go blow up Syria on this account?

If Trump gets in power it's not going to be about fighting terrorism anymore, he is going to drive us into a full-fledged global war with implications for everyone including Canadians.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Confucius said, "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right name." If it is terrorism call it terrorism. War does not need to happen but screening needs to happen to keep terrorists from entering the United States and Canada as has happened in France.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

As horrible as this is, I'm not sure it's a terrorist attack in the strict sense of the word; he created terror, but he was probably just a sick, twisted individual who decided that he'd go out in a blaze of glory and take other innocents with him.
    He wasn't a devout Muslim...he drank, took drugs, beat his wife until he was forced to leave 2 years ago; apparently their divorce was to be finalized in the near future. As his wife's cousin said: he was just a piece of $hit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-mosque.html

Let's not make him an isis martyr.

God bless all the victims, their families and friends.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I read that a lot of police were run over (as there were extra on the streets) and there is a Reuters reporter missing. And the kids.

Sometimes I worry that we are heading for World War III - and Trump wants to go there.
    Oh dear God, so it's Trump's fault. Thank you for reminding me why I seldom bother to post here anymore.

Quick question though, what do you think Clinton will do? Hugs all around? As I recall she was in favor of the 2003 Iraq invasion and was Secretary of State when the US bombed the snot out of Libya... Never mind the facts though - Trump Bad!

And with that, I'm out.

smh & /unsubscribe

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I think because we are dealing with extremists of all nationalities, including citizens of the countries that they are attacking, that the real way forward is more surveillance. Unfortunately.

There is no country we can go out there and bomb to stop this. The people that are doing this are woven into the fabric of our own nations.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It appears that Isis has claimed that this "piece of $hit" was acting on their behalf whether it's true or not, just to add to their body count.

The news noted that he was "quickly" radicalized, but that isis's claim came much later than other such announcements.

I for one won't believe it until it can be proven since he never attended a mosque and drank, did drugs.....not that those characteristics would bother Isis but I just think they'll jump in anyway and claim another victory whether it was someone working on their behalf or not.

Short of putting snipers on rooftops at all events, maybe retractable ground spikes might be used to stop something like this from happening at such public venues where annual events are held.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jul 16th, 2016 at 09:28 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nobdoy is going to touch Canada we are weak pussies like our PM pose NO threat and we cater to Muslims
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information