User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: When do YOU redeem your points/rewards?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What is your plan for your points for 2018? I am going to redeem PC points for a bit of a stock up soon.
    I basically plan to redeem my PCO points as opportunities arise, which will be considerably more often since the $10 minimum will be a much better fit with how I shop at the grocery chains where I seldom spend $20 at once. So, my expectation is that I'll do a lot of $10 redemptions at the grocery stores over the next few months.

As of right now, I'll have over $650 in PCO points too. Unlike you, a large majority of mine will be from SDM where I've almost never seen enough things with sufficient appeal even to consider redeeming at the upper levels, and I've resisted redeeming at the lower ones.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

What is your plan for your points for 2018? I am going to redeem PC points for a bit of a stock up soon.

My totals as of now:

$693.00 PC points (this will be Feb 1st total including my 112,000 SDM points) Not bad since I had redeemed last year (including a smart tv!!) And I hadn't been using my credit card much since I was not spending much.

$60 CT money on the card (about $27 in CT paper money too)

24 Airmiles lol Really only get them at Foodland if they have promos (will buy gc again when they have bonus airmiles)

That's about it for me.
    PC Points - I use to always redeem when I hit $20 for GC, but now I sorta stockpile them until needed. Will be nice once I can redeem in $10 chunks instead, I only normally spend about that much anyhow

Optimum - Never really earn any points since I can't justify any spending there normally. However, my Shoppers is pretty good for manager stickers, so I can get like $50 in snack foods for $10 and then redeem 8000 when I have it.

Air Miles - Normally stockpile, waiting on the 2000 AM from Shop the Block, will be using those over the next few months for groceries since budget is getting tighter. And always earn a lot through Rewarding Your Opinions (can be anywhere from 1AM/day to 30AM/day, just depends)

CT - Earn on gas purchases always (about $2 or so per fill-up), and stockpile. Will use for things like maintenance when needed

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    PC Points - I use to always redeem when I hit $20 for GC, but now I sorta stockpile them until needed. Will be nice once I can redeem in $10 chunks instead, I only normally spend about that much anyhow

Optimum - Never really earn any points since I can't justify any spending there normally. However, my Shoppers is pretty good for manager stickers, so I can get like $50 in snack foods for $10 and then redeem 8000 when I have it.

Air Miles - Normally stockpile, waiting on the 2000 AM from Shop the Block, will be using those over the next few months for groceries since budget is getting tighter. And always earn a lot through Rewarding Your Opinions (can be anywhere from 1AM/day to 30AM/day, just depends)

CT - Earn on gas purchases always (about $2 or so per fill-up), and stockpile. Will use for things like maintenance when needed
    I usually buy the CT GC's on sale and use for gas and get the CT on the card at the time as well (As I know you do too )
    You can use your points to pay for auto service? ( I was always told to stay away from CT for service since they are in the business to sell parts and have ripped people off) But good idea if needed. Will have to tell DS.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

CT points- I like to use for kitchen items. New frying pans for me are like candy to a kid

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I usually buy the CT GC's on sale and use for gas and get the CT on the card at the time as well (As I know you do too )
    You can use your points to pay for auto service? ( I was always told to stay away from CT for service since they are in the business to sell parts and have ripped people off) But good idea if needed. Will have to tell DS.
    To the best of my knowledge you can use your CTM to pay for Auto services, I recall reading it either in a flyer or in store. But if that's not the case, I can just buy parts for repairs/service I can do on my own instead. And I didn't realize that, but I did check other places for an oil change and CT seemed to be the best price, I was told no more than $50, where even at the other places (Midas, Jiffy Lube), even with a coupon for like a $30 Oil Change, there is a stipulation of up to $30 in additional fees that they may charge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information