User Tag List

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1943Likes

Thread: August 2016 Frugal Chatter thread - ALL WELCOME!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Logan has gone to my parents for a few days, he is the last of the grandchildren willing to do so. My dad is very grumpy in his old age, that was the nicest word I had. But my mom loves having him and he loves making gramma happy and he seems to bring out a kinder version of papa so it will be a good week for all. I can't believe my baby is a teenager this month. Where did the time go.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Morning, all.

It will be a while before it will be a good one.

My Mom passed away yesterday afternoon. I'm still a bit numb. I take comfort in knowing that my Mom is sipping martinis while enjoying what passes for the Grammy awards in the next world. When I was 21, a group of friends & classmates decided to go to a rock concert (there had to be a dozen or more of us). One person dropped out at the last minute & since we didn't want the ticket to go to waste, my Mom tagged along. At first, my peers were horrified that I'd brought along my Mommy. By the end of the concert, with Mom singing her heart out and having a blast, they were jealous I lived with such a cool lady.

Going to hibernate for a bit. Both bffs are taking care of me, so all is well. Critters are napping, they kept a close eye on me all night.

I'll keep in touch.

Hope everyone celebrates Simcoe Day by enjoying time with family & friends. Have a martini in honour of my Mom.
    Aw Andit im so sorry

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning, all.

My Mom passed away yesterday afternoon. I'm still a bit numb. I take comfort in knowing that my Mom is sipping martinis while enjoying what passes for the Grammy awards in the next world. When I was 21, a group of friends & classmates decided to go to a rock concert (there had to be a dozen or more of us). One person dropped out at the last minute & since we didn't want the ticket to go to waste, my Mom tagged along. At first, my peers were horrified that I'd brought along my Mommy. By the end of the concert, with Mom singing her heart out and having a blast, they were jealous I lived with such a cool lady.

Going to hibernate for a bit. Both bffs are taking care of me, so all is well. Critters are napping, they kept a close eye on me all night.

I'll keep in touch.

Hope everyone celebrates Simcoe Day by enjoying time with family & friends. Have a martini in honour of my Mom.
    I am very sorry to hear about your mom passing. I know you feel loss with someone so dear to you but you will have all the great memories and time shared with her. You and your family are in my prayers through this difficult time
    Last edited by flemeth; Tue, Aug 2nd, 2016 at 06:03 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Andit, Please accept my condolences! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Moms (and especially yours) are very dear to us and facing all those "mom" times, is so hard. Your friends are always nearby for you - they love you too - and I wish you peace and many wonderful memories to carry you through. Words just seem so empty at times like this, but know our hearts are with you.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I wish I could say we are FINISHED packing. But we are VERY NEARLY so.... We'll have to be... the movers arrive at 9:00 am Wednesday. So many people I would have liked to say, "Goodbye," to personally.
    My dh's mom is in a long term care facility here so we'll be back a couple of times a month, probably.

The chest freezer is empty. Most furniture is labeled as to where it is going. I have a suitcase packed for the next couple of days.

I'm aching in places I didn't know I had!

Roll on Thursday, Friday, Saturday....
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Andit-sincere condolences and hugs-so sorry for the loss of your Mum.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

So sorry to hear of your moms passing Andit
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Thanks jasperandchar.

I can't believe that our twins are turning 1yr old this weekend.
    Happy Birthday twins!!! We celebrated Josie turning one at the African Lion Safari. We had a stay-cation this past week and did day trips every day. Time to build up the "crap to sell" jar funds again. We had fun spending it and I have more in the basement I have accumulated.

Morning, all.

My Mom passed away yesterday afternoon. I'm still a bit numb. Have a martini in honour of my Mom.
    Virtual hugs and sympathies on the loss of a wonderful, I am sure, woman.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to Penningtons yesterday and hit their clearance sale 50%off the lowest red ticketed prices. I got 7 shirts a neat sweater/shawl thing and a pair of shorts for 110 dollars. Bf was laughing at me because there were 3 shirts i liked that were 39.99 less 50% and i put them back because the price was more than i wanted to pay.

Then today we went yo London drugs to pick up photos i ordered for grandma....found the frozen princess anna and Kristof doll set for clearance of $5 a remote controll speedboat for $5 and a shape sorter for babies for $3. I snapped those up for Christmas gifts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My day has been going well so far. Two of the daycare boys are here today, all three will be here tomorrow. Our twins had a big nap this morning while I took the three older boys outside to play in our yard. I weeded, picked 9 young yellow zucchini, the first cucumber, some more peas, my daycare boys picked and ate the ripe cherry tomatoes. We water the entire garden and played in the water table. We had birthday cupcakes for morning snack. Lunch was Chef Boyardee with a glass of milk and more raw veggies: yellow zucchini, cucumber, peas, broccoli, and cauliflower with ranch dressing dip.

I'm making nacho meat with corn chips, melted marble cheese on top, salsa, sour cream, and a glass of milk. Leftovers for daycare lunch tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello! Hope everyone had a great long weekend. We are looking at another week without rain. Decided the grass should be cut yesterday and it looks much better. Weeds don't need water to grow!!

One sport for DS ending tonight! Yeah! We will have a couple weeks break before hockey starts for the 2016/2017 season! Gotta get selling my crap to fill up my hockey jar

I have so many plans for the house . Lots of painting I want done. The good news is I have the paint already bought (just need to pick colours) and the free labour Now if only he would stop working so much lately.

Have a great night!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I learned something the hard way today. I didn't realize that the entire back page of the Sobeys flyer is now where they put their weekend sales. I thought that it was just the coupons to cut out were for the weekend. I missed out on the great Icecream + Air Miles offers for the 4 day weekend. The supervisor, who was my teller, told me that I wasn't the only customer who was frustrated by this. Apparently they now put the weekend sales on the back page instead of a designated portion of the front page. . I still got a great deal on KD. Their strawberries weren't Driscoll's today either.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Andi....

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Watching my friend's 3 kids again today. Wish me well! I find it easier to manage 30 kids of the same age than 6 of different ages. Mainly the 1 and 2 year old keep my hands full on their own. I know that the new daycare regulations hurt a lot of providers more talented than myself...but I certainly understand why.

It was supposed to be 7:30am-7:30pm. I was able to relax a little when her shift got changed and it is now 8:30-5:30. Knocking three hours off a day sure makes it seem easier.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

have a great day granger -yesterday we took ashlyn to the splash pad walked over with her in the wagon from 10.00 til 11.00-she even asks to go home when it starts to get hot -I even had her bathing suit on this time -and she didn't nap at all-so long day for me from 8 til 6.00 p.m thankfull that papa helped play with her also -did 2 loads for my daughter-in-law
    -oh and I realize buying a year ahead for a toddler isn't always that great bought a cute outfit last year from gymboyee 10.00 long soft pants (like tights) and a very skinny long sleeve grey top with dogs on it -well too tight on ashlyn even thou I got a bargain -may sell on kijiji
    -off to go out and move dirt around ladies we are putting river rock in (tried to get it free on kijiji too much of a hassle -the one lady said we are working on an elderly family members home may not be ready til sept /oct -why put it on for free now then ??? don't get some people
    -I sure want to work when it a little cool in the morning -oh did more on line shopping last night 35% off at the gap -birthday clothes for ashlyn for oct and xmas gift for baby boy to be and sleep pants for me -yeahhhh

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information