User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Stolen package!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Earlier this month, I ordered a refurbished Vitamix. I've been wanting one for AGES and when SC posted about the sale Vitamix was having, I figured it was a sign from above that this was the right time, so I splurged!

The website said 8-10 business days for shipping, but provided no tracking number, so I patiently waited for 3 weeks for it to arrive, but nothing. So yesterday, I called Vitamix to see if I could get a tracking number and 'lo and behold, it was supposedly delivered over a week ago!

I live in a condo complex, so the only reasonable explanation is that the shipping provider left the box at my front door and someone from the building took it. I confirmed with the company that the box does have Vitamix written on it, so I guess someone saw an opportunity. It makes me so mad that someone in my building probably has a brand new Vitamix in their home that they didn't pay for!!

That being said, Vitamix was great and is sending me another one (that I am having shipped at work to avoid any re-occurrences) free of charge. Props to their customer service, it was top notch.

But still, I'm so mad!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by MTLcouponer; Thu, Sep 1st, 2016 at 04:01 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i would be sooo pissed too! very nice u got a new one delivered.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It may not be that someone stole it, it could have been delivered to the wrong place.

We had it happen with a sample for work it was delivered to a residential house about a 1000 numbers away from our business address. Since no signature was required they could not track it and we only found out what happened when the person came into our business and said they tried contacting the courier company which only gave them the run around and they gave up and dropped it off themselves.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed. For some reason the UPS driver for my neighbourhood can't read simple street signs. I am an "18 Evergreen" on my street, but he sees fit to occasionally deliver to a different "18" on another side street which intersects mine.

My neighbourhood is not at all confusing. One street is named 18 evergreen... the other is 18 Smythe... which is at a 90-degree three-way-stop intersection. You'd have to try and turn onto the wrong street to make it to the wrong address.

In fact, he has to literally drive past my house (the correct address) before he gets to the intersection that he would have to intentionally turn onto to get to the wrong house.

And because he doesnt need a signature, he drops it on their doorstep and takes off. I was fortunate the first time that they brought me the parcel, but I havent been so lucky every time since then.

But, like SassyAshley, Amazon (the most common) has been kind enough to re-ship the item without question.

[EDIT: Thanks for the concerns via PM for those that expressed... but I didnt use my real street address above... I changed the actual address to prevent you crazy stalkers from finding me. -- However, if you're pretty, hot and single, I might be willing to share. ]
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Sep 11th, 2016 at 10:46 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That sucks! I hope the karma boot kicks that person in the butt if they did steal it.

I'm glad Vitamix is sending you another one, they're a great company. It'll be worth the wait. I'm drinking an "Orange Julius"-esque smoothie I made in mine right now!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MTLcouponer View Post
    Earlier this month, I ordered a refurbished Vitamix. I've been wanting one for AGES and when SC posted about the sale Vitamix was having, I figured it was a sign from above that this was the right time, so I splurged!

The website said 8-10 business days for shipping, but provided no tracking number, so I patiently waited for 3 weeks for it to arrive, but nothing. So yesterday, I called Vitamix to see if I could get a tracking number and 'lo and behold, it was supposedly delivered over a week ago!

I live in a condo complex, so the only reasonable explanation is that the shipping provider left the box at my front door and someone from the building took it. I confirmed with the company that the box does have Vitamix written on it, so I guess someone saw an opportunity. It makes me so mad that someone in my building probably has a brand new Vitamix in their home that they didn't pay for!!

That being said, Vitamix was great and is sending me another one (that I am having shipped at work to avoid any re-occurrences) free of charge. Props to their customer service, it was top notch.

But still, I'm so mad!!
    So sorry this happened to you; I'd be royally angry too...that being said, WOW! Exceptional customer service from Vitamix! So glad that you're going to get one after all.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Agreed. For some reason the UPS driver for my neighbourhood can't read simple street signs. I am an "18 Evergreen" on my street, but he sees fit to occasionally deliver to a different "18" on another side street which intersects mine.
    My local UPS guy is epic...a few years ago he delivered a parcel at 8 pm on 23rd Dec cos he was worried it was a Christmas pressie for one of the brood. It wasn't but still..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have had a Credit card sent by courier just left on my front porch ! A week later the PIN for the credit card was sent, the envelope for that was also left on my front porch ! No signature, nothing !

Anyone could have got the CC and used it . Just automatic online or phone activation was required, to start using it.

Both the envelopes got wet and were under the snow, as they were sent in winter. I barely saw them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow that is excellent customer service!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MTLcouponer View Post

But still, I'm so mad!!
    What a crazy situation - but wow on the company for being so generous to send you another one and taking the financial hit.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Or your post person sent it to another home. I am sick and tired of receiving order from someone living in Argyle ave. I live on Arl....on; those who have done trade with me will know that! I have gotten it four times now.

So far, I have missed one package so if that person has gotten my mail...

{EDIT: not sure what happened to rest of my post so let me retry, while remembering whatever the crap I wrote...}

...and did not return then I will never return his/her package :p jk but what will I do with those packages? I mistakenly opened three of those: dildo, hair thickness crap and some sort of Android box were found in these. Oooo...Now I have to be careful before I open that package! Its never chocolates

I did catch the mailman last month as he left another package in my mailbox. I ran in pyjama behind him so that was not too bad.

But I am telling you, its not always people stealing; it could also be mail person putting it on wrong addy
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Sep 4th, 2016 at 01:33 AM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Or your post person sent it to another home. I am sick and tired of receiving order from someone living in Argyle ave. I live on Arl....on! I have gotten it four times now.

So far, I have missed one package so if that person has gotten my mail.

call and file a complaint.. i had the same problem ages ago i kept getting mail with "wrong address" written in ever growing letters across it while i got mail for someone on another street, i even had a package of mine delivered to another person i only found out because they dropped the package at my door.. on a sunday.. after they opened it and decided they didn't want what was in the box (the bottom of the box was obviously opened and taped back shut)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our vitamix is about 30 years old and still going strong you will love it!
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    call and file a complaint.. i had the same problem ages ago i kept getting mail with "wrong address" written in ever growing letters across it while i got mail for someone on another street, i even had a package of mine delivered to another person i only found out because they dropped the package at my door.. on a sunday.. after they opened it and decided they didn't want what was in the box (the bottom of the box was obviously opened and taped back shut)
    I have done this completely by accident, we get a lot of packages so I opened all of them sitting into work/personal/his as I went. Opened a box while I was chatting to him, asking why he ordered a new socket set. He says he didn't, look at box and it is for a house 2 streets away. The number and street name are very different so not sure how I got his.

I walked over there and explained so he didn't think I was just nosy or looked to decide if I wanted it. A few weeks later, he returned the favour as they left my Sephora order on the porch of his elderly neighbour. How do you get it wrong twice? One was Purolator the other was CP too so not like one lazy delivery driver.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Arvilish like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are not alone. I live in a "fancy" condominium bldg in Montreal, all the rich & famous domiciled here go south each winter; our garage filled with polished recent model vehicles.

I've had anticipated mail not arrive, from packages to car insurance bills. After someone brought me my bank statement which landed in their box I'd had enough, I went over to the nearest post office, rented a P.O. Box and now receive most of my mail THERE.

No lost, misdirected or stolen mail at the Post Office Box. Not yet at least.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information