User Tag List

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went out for groceries today-found lots of 1/2 price meat so now my fridge top freezer is full. Last week I tried an order from Spud-organic stuff delivered to the door-only because it was a 1/2 price intro order. Still found it quite pricey but tasty. Today at the grocery store I noticed organic strawberries and bananas were the same price as regular so I bought them. I also stripped the bed, did laundry, baked muffins and cleaned the stove-beautiful day here so will head out for a walk in awhile with DH. Also met with DD and her teachers this morning- I must say they seemed very good. Should be a quiet weekend around here.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey ladies free shipping on markworkwarehouse site plus 20% off ,ordered a nice 100% polyester blouse purple and black ,3/4 sleeves 30.10 after free shipping and 20% off -yeah now I have 2 nice new blouses for fall -lets hope it fits nice
    -bought a few xmas stockings gifts at winners today -ladies socks 2.00 and sippy cup -cut small one for ashlyn reduced to 3.00

-supper tonight hubby only wanted coffee and toast -sick
    and I may have scrambled eggs and toast -since we ate an abundance of food last night at the keg

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Pampers rewards has put two gift cards on clearance.
    1,000pts gets you a $25gc to Red Lobster.
    1,000pts gets you a $25gc to Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic.
    I just redeemed for one of each. Both are 2.5hrs away, so I'm not exactly sure what I am going to do with them. I might use them as gifts, or I might try to trade them away.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I checked out the flyers and I am happily surprised with the CO-OP's BOGO sale. I have $10gc wub $100 card that is expiring the end of the month, so I will try to use it. If I have to get too many rain checks, then I'll use the free case of CO-OP brand pop wub $50, this card is also expiring Sept 30. These are from last year's high school discount card and I forgot to use the $50 one on a previous shopping trip.

I'll still buy milk from Sobeys and I might pm some NF sales at WM when I take our little ones for pictures on Tuesday.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. Fall seems to have hit .
    making a shepherds pie for supper, with potaotes from our garden. yummy.
    and I am thinking of a apple desert of some sort.

Iam usingmy swagbucks to order some insulated curtains for my family room. I am totally freaked out about our potential heating and electrical costs this winter.

I am hoping to make it to RCSS this afternoon as well. , they have gr beef on sale... 2.99 lb. I want to stock up on a bunch.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday was not a good day for me.....dentist cleaning with x-rays $190 plus I need a filing which is estimated at $300 :-( And in the mail house insurance policy which has gone up due to flooding in our area....grrrr.
    jasperandchar and Davetherave like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Slow start today as I actually slept in and didn't get up until after 8.

The good news was I did not have to put in place my work to rule campaign. I feel like Mom is picking and choosing what she wants to do and some how gets the funnier things to do, like batch cooking but doesn't do the clean up. So this morning I asked her to help me clean up the kitchen before work, if she did I would finish what we didn't get done once she left but if she didn't help the kitchen was staying as it was. She helps so now the kitchen is clean.

I also did some baking I make Oatmeal Cups (okay but I used Rolled Oats instead of Quick Cooking, next time I will use Quick Cooking), Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies (although mine aren't gluten free as I did not use gluten free oats) and Cinnamon Chip Muffins.

Now I have to go dirty the kitchen some more and make some dinner. Going to have Pulled Pork (from the freezer) over mashed potatoes. On my own for dinner so going to go simple.

After dinner we will see how I feel as I might post some items for sale now that I have a phone again.

Have a great afternoon and evening everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Barbis I hate how everything seems to come at once.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    ----------------
    Thanks sweetsparrow. My hubby and my shower is in pristine condition because I wipe it down often. It is my boys shower that doesn't get wiped down regularly and one of them is a mechanic so that explains why some of the grout is discolored. It doesn't look terrible but I'm a little on the fussy side I will try a toothbrush with Oxyclean but would rather not use a bleach solution because it could weaken the grout.
    What is funny is our grout is in amazing condition and we never wipe down the shower. Just the caulking that needs attention...maybe it wouldn't if we wiped it down. I find when it is managed though, it cleans well!

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Yesterday was not a good day for me.....dentist cleaning with x-rays $190 plus I need a filing which is estimated at $300 :-( And in the mail house insurance policy which has gone up due to flooding in our area....grrrr.
    Not nice surprises.

After my first pay check from being back, it appears we are in a good state financially (all those deductions seem like a dice roll when budgeting before getting your pay). Kids need new outdoor shoes...summer ones have started splitting at the seam. The purchases will be a fun celebration of a budget that didn't short in its transition from theory to reality.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I attended a free grown up milkshake event at our local public library, free and optional alcohol. I used a Bogo Subway footlong coupon for tonight's supper, which cost less than $10. Other than that we stayed home all day. It's still yucky and raining outside.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Spent some time unpacking and doing laundry. Found a few mats that I had been missing - so I washed them but some of the "rubber" backing came off. A bit of a mess.

But I think I overdid it because my back and leg are reminding me that such enthusiasm may have overtaxed them.

So back to laying down with Lynn's magic spray on my leg and back. Watching an old Murdoch's Mysteries.

(Have to take the good with the bad!)

We had left-overs for supper.

I am going to make a couple of plaques out of some old calendars to use as decor in our Florida-themed bathroom. I figure that they will withstand any humidity. The shower is actually in a separate room adjacent to where these will hang. I think Costco does this at a pretty reasonable price.

I spent time shopping on-line for boots last night. I need some quick slip-on one's for a quick "take-the-dog-out" but I will also need some taller warm all-purpose boots with ankle support as the snow gets much deeper here in London.

I got rid of all my calf-length really warm winter coats last year but, I figure I will need one. Value Village here I come.

HOW can I be talking about WINTER! Tape my mouth shut!!!!!

Well, I think I will go back to pursuing deals online.

Good night, folks!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bf didnt update his positive enrollment for health care insurance despite being reminded to soooooldests glasses got denied on his but half covered on mine. Oddly enough theyve covered drugs for 10 months with no issues. I dont understand so hes calling monday.

Our youngest had soccer today. His aunt was fabulous and gave us soccer cleats that fit him the turkey hadnt told us his old ones didnt fit 2 weeks ago.

I got smart and called filter queen to get my balance(yeah i know we gir sucked into buying an outrageously expensive air filter last summer)....found out by paying in full this week it saved us 2 paymentsof 164.21 sooooo i used my side job money to pony up the lump sum and save us some money.

Finished my sisters birthday gift friday and washed it. Now finishing up a baby blanket i started in july and i started an "old" project of a heirloom baby blanket..i bought the wool 6 years ago...started it...the pattern didnt work so i ripped it out. Found out since via YouTube i was purling wrong....and knit tge knit purl the purl does not mean do exactly the same stitch as the row before. Soooo with those discoveries and my discovery of stitch markers and row counters im Trying again. The start is below. And it saves me from buying new yarn for a new project.

And my finished one....it covers our kingsize bed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:42 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Spent some time unpacking and doing laundry. Found a few mats that I had been missing - so I washed them but some of the "rubber" backing came off. A bit of a mess.

But I think I overdid it because my back and leg are reminding me that such enthusiasm may have overtaxed them.

So back to laying down with Lynn's magic spray on my leg and back. Watching an old Murdoch's Mysteries.

(Have to take the good with the bad!)

We had left-overs for supper.

I am going to make a couple of plaques out of some old calendars to use as decor in our Florida-themed bathroom. I figure that they will withstand any humidity. The shower is actually in a separate room adjacent to where these will hang. I think Costco does this at a pretty reasonable price.

I spent time shopping on-line for boots last night. I need some quick slip-on one's for a quick "take-the-dog-out" but I will also need some taller warm all-purpose boots with ankle support as the snow gets much deeper here in London.

I got rid of all my calf-length really warm winter coats last year but, I figure I will need one. Value Village here I come.

HOW can I be talking about WINTER! Tape my mouth shut!!!!!

Well, I think I will go back to pursuing deals online.

Good night, folks!
    What is lynns magic spray???

I donated my dress winter/fallcoat to the thrift store this spring...hadnt touched it in 3 years...and ended up regretting it last week!

Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:44 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh I read in another chat -a thon thread about a spray thats great "that stuff for pain " only sold at homehardware -I may have to get some for myself

-jut got in from babysitting ashlyn at 10.30-did a bit of my dog puzzle have been doing it since july -its super hard cuase the dogs heads are all dark bron ,brown or white and different shades of white

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -oh I read in another chat -a thon thread about a spray thats great "that stuff for pain " only sold at homehardware -I may have to get some for myself

-jut got in from babysitting ashlyn at 10.30-did a bit of my dog puzzle have been doing it since july -its super hard cuase the dogs heads are all dark bron ,brown or white and different shades of white
    I might be having to try that!

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information