User Tag List

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Morning All,
    A bit chilly today thinking I might make something in the oven to warm the main floor up a little bit.

So far I do not really have a plan for today yet, I have a load of laundry going, packed a few pick ups for later in the week, have a couple items upstairs I need to rephotograph (photos were on my phone and lost during the factory reset to try to fix the problem) and post.

Thinking I might clean my closet again, I just did it not that long ago but it was when Mom's position was up in the air and I know I kept some items because it was better to have something just in case as I knew there were no $$$ for new clothes. I went over our budget and there is some money for some clothes, I just need a couple light long sleeve shirts and if I find a good deal some new summer tops.

Think I will make a cup of tea and see what comes my way today. Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Teeth are still sore from the dental cleaning. Watched Everest (free from library) really good movie based on a true story. Today we are going to a fall fair - will wear shorts as I refuse to believe summer is over

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I did some on-line shopping again -the bay free shipping and 20% off with my hbc credit card -2 tops for the grandkids for xmas and guess what I got myself a peach blouse for 6.71 reg 64.99-i bought the 2 sizes left so if one doesn't fit I will try the next sixe up -can always take back the one -couldn't believe the price on the blouse the buttons are hidden and it has 2 front pockets on the chest -plain but classy
    -gonna hang out some clothing and maybe take a shirt back to the gap -I bought for hubby too small

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. frugal stuff for today.
    used a 7cent off per liter of gas coupon, and got points. fllled the suv for under 55.00 and it was empty. so good deal there.
    gor gr beef sale 3.00 lb, a 30% on apples, and 2 pkgs fresh tortillini. and a 2.00 off cat food, and 2.00 goldfish coupons.
    used 20.00 in points onthe gr beef. got 25 lbs of beef for 55.00 ( over the top happy with that. )
    then went and got a small chicken( very small) , and 2 large bone in hams... cost- 31.74... used 30.00 in points there. again, very happy.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Great shopping Giselda!

I found 3 great pairs of boots on the Mark's Work Warehouse sale- went through the whole process and then thought- well maybe E-Bates might get me some points back. Went through the whole thing again only to find they are not accepting my new address and MC combination. So, not to be discouraged, I tried an older credit card combination- but still no go!

At that point, I took the dog for a walk and gave up!

Maybe today I'll try registering DH since he has never ordered anything from there. I am determined to try those boots!

Take care!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Great shopping Giselda!

I found 3 great pairs of boots on the Mark's Work Warehouse sale- went through the whole process and then thought- well maybe E-Bates might get me some points back. Went through the whole thing again only to find they are not accepting my new address and MC combination. So, not to be discouraged, I tried an older credit card combination- but still no go!

At that point, I took the dog for a walk and gave up!

Maybe today I'll try registering DH since he has never ordered anything from there. I am determined to try those boots!

Take care!
    I always forget about ebates. I ordered pjs for our boys for Christmas eve and shoes for me today from Marks. Just received shipping notification for my order too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin boy was up at 2am and then started his day at 6am after peeing out both times. Sometimes I don't know how he manages it. I went to NF and got about $80 for $28oop. I used 3x $4 Chapman Icecream coupons and used about $36 that was left on my gift card that I redeemed points for last week. My other two children slept through the night. Dh and I each had one-on-one time with our oldest son. We collected recyclables while out on a walk. I also found $1.10 in change this week.

Tonight's supper is beef steak, fried fresh mushrooms, boiled broccoli that is getting limp in the fridge, home made sweet potato fries, with my home made smokey dipping sauce and a glass of milk.

I bought 4 18ct cartons of eggs from NF this morning. I plan on making mini quiche with garden Swiss chard for lunch one day. Breakfast burritos another day for lunch. My daycare kids enjoy eggs, so this gives me a nice frugal option for lunch. I also picked up one pork loin to give us another meat option, so I'm looking forward to that too.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well couldn't exchange the shirt in gap-as they don't carry XXL size in store -so I will ship it back I called then have to wait til nov12 for the new shirt to come in -its on back order -oh well hubby doesn't mind
    -got ladies gap socks -trouser ones for .97 in store gonna use in my hairdressers gift basket I make up at xmas
    then I went to gymboyee-got ashlyn thin black tights for next year size 4-5 after 40% 3.49-thats what I paid many years ago for my daughter (good for in xmas stocking) sabastian I got a polo knit navy blue top 17.99-40%=10.79 may give that to him when I see him next week (love buying for the grandkids) then I came home still not feeling up to par with this cough

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, you beautiful busy bees!

Well, I guess you know it's truly fall when the mice are looking for a place to hunker down for the winter, lol!

Our son is over, and after supper he came into the kitchen to talk to me - I was sitting and he was standing - and we hear a few odd noises. He asked what that was - I said, ok, I'm pretty sure that's a mouse, so I pointed to the stove. We waited a bit, threw a cat in the room (who didn't care), then my husband went and took out the bottom drawer of the stove and sure enough, the sticky trap caught a mouse. YAY!
    Fingers crossed that it's the only one! (yeah, who am I kidding?)

Husband took Friday off, and will be off tomorrow as well, so I am loving that. We've been doing some fall cleaning and de-cluttering.

Finished shopping list for the week - as Angela previously mentioned about Co-op having BOGO days, we'll be getting quite a bit there, and it looks as though Sobey's has a lot of good deals too.
    Will be buying some cabbages to do leaves to freeze for future cabbage rolls.
    Bought beets last week, so I'll be making up borscht to have - and some to freeze as well.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was quite annoyed Saturday. There was a message from the doctor a few weeks ago for a requisition from the blood labs. I picked it up and asked if there was any fasting involved. The lady at the desk said no. I looked over the sheet and there was no mention of it. The day before, I set my alarm for the crack of dawn and packed my health card, magazines, etc. In the morning, I knew the test would take at least two hours so I thought I'd eat a big breakfast. After making my way through the lineup, the receptionist asked me if I had fasted for the past ten hours. Aaaarrrggghhh! She repeated the name of the test to me as if somehow there was an obvious hint that I should have known. Even more annoying that I have to take time off work that I really need to be there and I will need to make up the hours that I don't have an abundance of.

Determined not to make the trip a complete waste, I drove across the street to the No Frills and waited 15 minutes for the doors to open. The PC diapers are on sale for $4.97 and I had an offer of 4,000 points per package. I think I bought 20 and cashed in $60 in points. We tried one on LO during naptime but they felt really flimsy and thin. I'm skeptical that it will hold anything during the evenings so we will just save them for the daytime outings for the new one. There's no ruching at the back and it seems like the ones they provide at daycare. They allowed me to try one once and it was like a flood during the night. It held absolutely nothing. I need to remind myself not to buy any more diapers - ever. We're completely done!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was not my most ambitious day but I did managed to get a few things done.

All of the laundry is done and folded, just needs to be put away.

I made a Chicken Stew in the crock pot which we had for dinner last night, it didn't have must of a sauce or gravy but reminded me of a dish my great grandfather used to make when I was a kid. All and all it was okay but I think next time I would up the seasoning as I found it a bit bland.

I also prepped tonight's dinner so tonight all I need to do is dump it in the pot and cook once I get home. I am making one of those Wonder Pots where you dump everything in and it supposed to come out and cooked as a completed dish, we will see I am hopefully but also slightly worried.

I also spent some time on Pinterest looking for new recipes, I focused yesterday mostly on crock pot recipes. As the week goes on I will also look at soup and quick dinners. Now with Mom working full time we need to change up how we look at and make dinner. This weekend if Mom's first weekend off (now that is full time she will get every other weekend off) so we are going to do a large batch cook for the freezer. Wednesday which is her day off we will go out and do the shopping in preparation for our cook. I will also probably try to start the prep on Friday night where I can so Saturday we will just be off and running.

Tonight I should really clean our bathroom but we will see what happens once I get home.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Was raining a bit on my drive into work.

Dinner tonight is pasta with homemade meatballs and sauce with bruschetta bread. We made the bruschetta last night for our homemade pizza and have lots left. We found 20 lb tomato boxes on for $3 at RCSS. And my man had 200 pts per $1 spent on tomatoes so made them super cheap. Tomorrow he will make them into pasta sauce for the freezer.

Well I guess get some work done to make this day go by faster!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning we baked 1 dozen banana zucchini chocolate chip muffins. This recipe has no added sugar or oil. 2.5 dozen zucchini dill baking powder biscuits. 1 dozen mini quiche with garden Swiss chard, green onion, and cheddar cheese. We are having this with cherry tomatoes from the garden and some celery sticks, optional ranch dressing, and a glass of milk. Nice and healthy hot home made food.

We also took a quick walk to pick my son up from Pre-K.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    This morning we baked 1 dozen banana zucchini chocolate chip muffins. This recipe has no added sugar or oil. 2.5 dozen zucchini dill baking powder biscuits. 1 dozen mini quiche with garden Swiss chard, green onion, and cheddar cheese. We are having this with cherry tomatoes from the garden and some celery sticks, optional ranch dressing, and a glass of milk. Nice and healthy hot home made food.

We also took a quick walk to pick my son up from Pre-K.
    All of it sounds yummy! Quiche is on my menu this week/weekend too. I may be the only one that likes it but we will see!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday is this week so I cleaned up the budget today. I have a purse full of change so will use that to pick up the odds and ends I want to buy this week (more sour cream at FB etc)

I have a pick up of a free item tonight (a couch I moved out of the basement that I just want gone) and a pending pick up for next week for $12. (guessing they need to wait till there Child Tax credit comes in, fine with me. I know the item will regardless even if they don't show up. Will re-post if I have to.
    I need to go through the winter box. DS doesn't need anything. Still have tons of new hats and gloves I stocked up on last year that he didn't manage to lose lol Will clean it out and sell the too small stuff a super deal lot to get it out of the house.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information