User Tag List

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy Birthday Jasper!!!

ok. good day .
    Finished a rug I knitted. 3 strands as one. made a very pretty blue rug for the bathroom. the bathroom is blue and yellow. its very nice and cushy. used up a bunch of yarn I had . I am going to make another one for the kitchen.
    cashed in for 50 in sb, and 5 in gh.
    using a nice ham bone for some baked beans, that I wil turn into chili tommorrow.
    hung several loads of laundry.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy Birthday Jasper&char!!Hope you had a wonderful day!!
    Still have house guests but we are enjoying them so much!! They are taking us out to dinner tomorrow night so a no cook day for me!! Our house renos are coming along nicely, we have two bathrooms and the kitchen to renovate but my son in law is booked up until February so that just gives me more time to look at ideas!!I went furniture shopping today with my sister in law and aunt, I usually do things like this by myself and it was so nice to have a girls afternoon and get input from them. I think I found a couch that I love, my husband told me to buy it if I loved it but I want him to come back with me to sit in it to see if it is comfortable to him too!! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I took a ham out of the freezer last night. Will serve with veggies, perogies and ceaser salad. Also took out a package of bacon that I will cook up for the ceaser salad and for DS's BLT's for school lunch the next 2 days.

I have all the laundry in the back of my vehicle and am going to the laundry mat on my lunch to get it all done. Then when I get home I can just put it away. I can't be bothered doing it all one load at a time starting after 7pm tonight (cheap time)

I brought chili from the freezer for my lunch today.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well my parents came over to celebrate my birthday, note to self next year tell them to come the next day (haha), ended up making lunch and supper, was supposed to only be supper....arg...

I've been purging and cleaning, pretty much tidying up so the house is looking great.
    @jasperandchar : Happy belated birthday to you!

Thank goodness it's possible to have the house looking great at some point with two children.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have spent some time going over this week's flyers and next week's flyer to put together the best plan for our big cook this weekend. I must say I am impressed like most of the basics seem to be on sale which will great help in keeping the costs down. Love seeing the 10 lb bags of onions, carrots and potatoes at these lovely fall prices so we will stock up on these.

Tonight is night 1 of shopping and tomorrow will be night 2. I am hoping we do not need to go into night 3 but only time will tell based on stock and what I can get or not get. I would prefer to be done tomorrow night so that Friday night I can already start on some of the prep when it comes to chopping and what not. I should probably admit when it comes to chopping and stirring I could probably use a 10 step program, something about both chopping and string relaxes me. Even though we have a food processor I still tend to chop most items by hand but grating is a whole other story the food processor is more then welcome to grate for me.

Ok break is over time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I have spent some time going over this week's flyers and next week's flyer to put together the best plan for our big cook this weekend. I must say I am impressed like most of the basics seem to be on sale which will great help in keeping the costs down. Love seeing the 10 lb bags of onions, carrots and potatoes at these lovely fall prices so we will stock up on these.

Tonight is night 1 of shopping and tomorrow will be night 2. I am hoping we do not need to go into night 3 but only time will tell based on stock and what I can get or not get. I would prefer to be done tomorrow night so that Friday night I can already start on some of the prep when it comes to chopping and what not. I should probably admit when it comes to chopping and stirring I could probably use a 10 step program, something about both chopping and string relaxes me. Even though we have a food processor I still tend to chop most items by hand but grating is a whole other story the food processor is more then welcome to grate for me.

Ok break is over time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone.
    I Have found the sales to be great lately too! I went to No Frills today while laundry was on at Laundromat and grabbed a few things. I am making homemade veggie dip tonight and needed green onions. Will be great for the kids this weekend (lots of veggies in them!) As well as great on baked potatoes!!! Think I figured out Friday nights dinner! Steak and fixings!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I called PDAP again this morning because I left a message on Monday and still hadn't received a call back. I left a message for a different lady this morning. She called me back twice and she's waiting for more info from our adjuster before she calls me again. What I was originally told this morning was that they were printing me a cheque for less than 50% off what it will cost to replace my furnace. They were also giving us a small amount of money to cover the electricity for using the sump pump, 2 fans, and dehumidifier. We are still running 2 fans and a dehumidifier under our house 2.5 months later. PDAP lady needs to talk to our adjuster to figure out why she is missing info regarding other lost items like my teaching textbooks, 3 boxes of kids clothes, and the cost for cleaning up our crawl space which is likely to grow mold. It is frustrating and has the potential to cost us thousands out of pocket.

I cleaned the inside of my truck yesterday since we are trying to sell it. I have had a few serious inquiries. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Sep 28th, 2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: fixing auto correct
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela not sure what PDAP is but if it is an insurance company they can be hard to deal with. A co worker had a tree fall on his house and what they would and would not cover was so odd and random. They were willing to cover the BBQ which was not damaged other then maybe a couple scratches but still in working order as a twiggy part of the tree fell on it. But would not cover on putting on new eavestrough which was completely ripped off.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Angela not sure what PDAP is but if it is an insurance company they can be hard to deal with. A co worker had a tree fall on his house and what they would and would not cover was so odd and random. They were willing to cover the BBQ which was not damaged other then maybe a couple scratches but still in working order as a twiggy part of the tree fell on it. But would not cover on putting on new eavestrough which was completely ripped off.
    My insurance claim was denied right away. PDAP is provincial disaster relief fund. We were declared a state of emergency with the extensive flood damage on July 10. So this is essentially a provincial government program that will help us with a portion of the expense from recovering from this flood damage.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Sep 28th, 2016 at 04:51 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, it must be so frustrating. Perhaps you should be contacting your MLA.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Angela, it must be so frustrating. Perhaps you should be contacting your MLA.
    I don't think that she would help much. She was one of our city councillors and she was less than useful.

I got the name and phone number of this PDAP lady's manager, but she's out of the office until tomorrow. Some of it is a bit of a waiting game, but I know how to light some fires to make some people move.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I finally decided to pack up a bunch of my clothes that are too big on me and unflattering. I'm not willing to sell or donate them at this time. I would rather have them if I need them vs potentially having to replace them. This includes professional clothes (dress pants, blouses, sweaters), jeans, t-shirts, etc. I filled most of an apple box during nap time this afternoon, but I'm not done yet. I did start a collection that I will donate to the church's free clothing program.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I weeded the back lawn around our deck. I pulled 3 full 5 gallon buckets of weeds. It looks really good now. Dh will mow the lawn for the first time in 2 months, it has finally grown enough to be green again. The weeds grew more than our lawn. I want to weed the front along the side of the house before Dh mows the grass. My garden is still slowly producing veggies for us. Had some fresh carrots and cherry tomatoes from the garden today.

Spent $104 at Sobeys tonight. I got the free $10gc, $6 on CO51 for the Huggies, and $4.99 for a cold roast chicken because they cooked too many yesterday. It was for supper tonight and lunch tomorrow.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. what a amazing day. it has rained all night, and the forecast is for more rain.....
    I am just happy my ac is off.

so my QOTD , if noone minds....

how are you combating the price of electricty , and the potential increase in natural gas prices.....

yes, this has been weighing on my mind.

my frugal win for the day. I grew hot peppers in my garden. 2 plants, they have produced over 100 peppers, tiny little red ones. I am drying them. plants cost 2.50 ( 1.25 each) I put 6 of these little infernos in my chili yesterday instead of chili powder... ( next time I will put in 4........hot!!!) I dont need to buy chili seasoning for the winter. next year I will only grow 1 plant. and the chili tasted so good. !!!! leftovers tonight for supper. !!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ awesome about the peppers, Giseledta!
    For gas, we are on equalized payments of $80, and going into winter we have a nice credit built up, so we should be okay. Actually in our province, the price of gas will be going down a little bit this fall, but they are increasing the delivery charge so there won't be much net benefit overall.
    Electricity is another problem, it's really pricey here. We are already living very basic, so just basically have to deal with the cost.

Happy Thursday, all!

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information