User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar traditionally opens this thread at the beginning of each month but I think she is on a bit of a break. I thought I'd post it in case she doesn't get the chance before tomorrow.

Welcome back to the regulars, and hello to new friends!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    saundyl, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A new month and new goals!!! (or the same ones lol)

I WILL be on my best game for meal planning!

I WILL post our junk for sale and get it out the door.

I WILL get the basement set up and storage room organized.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will admit it, I am just not ready for it be September yet.

Although better then a co worker who told me she got invited to a Christmas Party last night, so not ready to talk about Christmas yet.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

KJH
    Male
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I got a new job (trucking again) and I start tomorrow so lets hope September will be better than August!
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hello all. I am back after a busy summer.
    my goal for september is to finish painting the family room, and do the kitcehn as well.
    we are doing everything ourselves. including removal of popcorn ceiling..... ugh. it is going to look fab though.

other plans involve startingmy winter stockpile again.. the pantry is looking bare.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well happy sept everyone -hubby is back to work on wed driving the school buses
    -daughter is getting ready to have her baby boy -she is so uncomfortable -she was sick on Monday -today the doctor told her she is twice as uncomfortable as regular pregnant women as he is breech -her hubby is taking her to a nice restaurant sat -and we are coming on sunday with my son /wife and ashlyn to see her one more time before baby boy comes -cant wait so close now
    -hubby fixed my stockpile shelf as one was worped-and I just shared my Lysol wipes ,greenwork spray and floor cleaner with the neighbour -yep the one we were not getting along with -hubby broke the ice last week and bought him a mcdonalds coffee -so it sure feels better to be able to chat and say hi now and then
    -just cut the back lawn and hung a load out -nice and a bit cooler here today

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well happy sept everyone -hubby is back to work on wed driving the school buses
    -daughter is getting ready to have her baby boy -she is so uncomfortable -she was sick on Monday -today the doctor told her she is twice as uncomfortable as regular pregnant women as he is breech -her hubby is taking her to a nice restaurant sat -and we are coming on sunday with my son /wife and ashlyn to see her one more time before baby boy comes -cant wait so close now
    -hubby fixed my stockpile shelf as one was worped-and I just shared my Lysol wipes ,greenwork spray and floor cleaner with the neighbour -yep the one we were not getting along with -hubby broke the ice last week and bought him a mcdonalds coffee -so it sure feels better to be able to chat and say hi now and then
    -just cut the back lawn and hung a load out -nice and a bit cooler here today
    so nice to hear that you broke the ice
    nice that you could use items from your stock pile to help them out
    very cleaver

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Where have all these months gone?

Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow thanks for taking the lead in starting the new thread @coupon girl how exciting but sorry to hear your daughter is not very comfortable @KJH congrats on the new job, good luck ______________________ Oh where oh where has the time gone, this is the 1st summer that my boys 13 & 15 have not complained about being bored so the summer flew right by, what a change it makes when they get along (get along better, haha). Looking forward to a back to normal routinge of dh back to work and the kiddos gone for the day. I think I will embrace the 1st week alone and not tackle any projects. Dh has secured a contract for the whole school year which is excellent, more $ for the house renovation fund, I have so many plans and ideas, however, it's so scary to think that with dh working so many hours he will want to take it easy on the weekends so I need to find a really good and trust worthy contactor, will do my homework for sure and I want a contract to cover the bases. I have been trading like crazy on the facebook group, I put on my big girl panties and don't even read the posts of those that have me erked AND I will admit it makes a huge difference. I have some awesome envies still to arrive for potential freebies AND they have super long expiry dates so I don't have to buy them all at once....phew. DH decided yesterday that he was going to do a purge in the garage, let's give you a mental picture, looked like something out of a buried alive episode. I have been hinting and asking everytime he opened the doors, why are you keeping this, that....WELL yesterday was the day and what a difference it makes that 3 trucks loads of crap is gone and out of the way and the garage looks enormous. So patience ladies pays off, I guess he was just in the right frame of mind and fed up with the cluster and he has his garage back to park the tractor and his side by side. I will pray for another day of purging soon for the inside, he has 2 full shelves from ikea filled with crap that no one wants to buy but doesn't want to get rid of it....I think he is now ready so hopefully in the next week or 2 I will regain 2 shelves. I went for a mammogram today, MIL drove me and we popped into Metro I got rib steaks on sale for $5.99lbs which is the lowest I have seen in ages. So tonight I am so excited to have baked potatoes with sour cream and steaks with the fixings....slurp. And have enough for 6 more meals. Wishing everyone a great day.
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

12 days or less ladies til I become a nana again to a beautifull baby boy -I am sure he will be so handsome and adorable
    -so is sept wonderfull to me yep -plus my birthday is end of the month and my anniversary same day -so he will never forget -lol

-supper today hubby doesn't want a bbq -so kraft dinner for him and meat pie and a tiny bit of fries for me ,fresh corn too
    -relaxing tonight as we pick up ashlyn from daycare on Friday and have her sleep over -son/wife are in a wedding party

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is clear to see that September is here, work has gone insane everyone is in panic mode, the kids are going back to school and the house renos are not done it is panic time.

The good new is this itch is finally becoming manageable, it is not gone but at least livable except during flare ups. Not sure if the cream has kicked in our it is the rubbing alcohol I have been using, sounds odd but it takes away itch and I was willing to try anything and everything. I have been doing both the rubbing alcohol and cream for a few days now and it has gotten drastically better.

I have decided this weekend I am going to stay home and putter around the house, try to tidy up a bit. I really do not want to plan anything and would like to just try to relax. I also need to wash my bedding, even though my legs and feet are an allergic reaction and not contagious I still just feel they need to be washed.

I should really take a look at the flyers as we really need some fresh fruit and veggies but not sure I want to venture out tomorrow after work. In town is going to be insane with all the cottagers coming into town. The one down side to living in cottage country is dealing with the insane crowds on weekends.

Have a great night everyone
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Can't believe we have turned another page on the calendar!

There are beginning to be pesky little dead leaves on our shoes when we come in from our walks.

I have been having an incredibly awful time trying to get my computer to behave and transfer info between files and also, get my printer to connect and print. I HAVE to get some documents printed as I have a wedding to perform this Saturday. It seems like ALL our communications systems are on the Fritz! Our phone/ cell phone and printer/laptop all need fixing and it's hard to tell what domino to attack first.
    Well, I was pooped but I am going to give it another try.

DH's son is right in the path of this hurricane in Florida. He always seems so non-challant about the weather but I always get nervous!

So, DH has pooped out so supper prep is on me, I guess.

See ya later!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Sep 1st, 2016 at 05:58 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello! Ds didn't want to go swimming so I did some running around. Grabbed some deals for the meals this weekend. Grass was cut today and dinner was pork for boys and chicken for me pulled from freezer. We had rice and green beans with it. I also grabbed a sirloin roast from deep freezer and moved to freezer at bottom of fridge. That is Sunday nights dinner. Have all the fixings to make lasagna soon too. I cooked a package of bacon today as well so ceaser salad will be on the menu plan this weekend.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I feels like September today, I am not ready to let go. I know lots of people like the routine of September but I like the casual of summer. No need to get teens up and moving no homework, dinner is always easy with a BBQ and supper on the Patio. Yes fall means I can bake again and turn off the AC, but it means winter is coming.
    We have been working on the budget, looking at increasing our savings rate to accelerate retirement. But to not feel deprived along the way so it's a work in progress.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold a grocery bag full of swiss chard yesterday for $8. I have a lady coming today to buy dill, maybe some garden veggies too. I registered our son for gymnastics last night, it will be his 3rd year. They changed some things. I was able to save $10 by paying for both the fall and winter sessions at the same time. They charged us $20 extra, which will be returned when we hand in our fundraiser order, which is a type of gift card promotion. You buy the gift cards at full value, but the gymnastics club receives a percentage based on the particular gift card. I'll bye some just to get my $20 back.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information