• 2 Post By couponmummy
  • 1 Post By scouponer
  • 1 Post By moneytalks
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy

Thread: My bubble popped when I read the conditions of a coupon

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I was emailed a $3 coupon for Alpha-Bits cereal, 340-510g. Meto is selling this for 1.99. Yay me. I as all ready to go to Walmart until I read the fine print.
    Valid in Canada excluding QUEBEC. ARRGGHH. No free cereal and no overage for me.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry! That sucks! Must be hard to coupon in Quebec!
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whoops !

I snared 20 boxes of Alpha Bits in 4 store visits, waited as each cashier read the entire coupon.....as if they were the company lawyer.

Not an utterance, not a grimace from any of 'em that something about the coupon was amiss.

My job as a consumer is to present an UNEXPIRED coupon and for the cashier to accept it to the benefit of the store.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    Whoops !

I snared 20 boxes of Alpha Bits in 4 store visits, waited as each cashier read the entire coupon.....as if they were the company lawyer.

Not an utterance, not a grimace from any of 'em that something about the coupon was amiss.

Were/Are you in Quebec?

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    My job as a consumer is to present an UNEXPIRED coupon and for the cashier to accept it to the benefit of the store.
    Actually, I'm not even sure that your "job as a consumer" requires you to read your coupons at all, expiry dates included. Granted, doing so only saves you from wasting your own time at the checkout... and perhaps saves you some embarrassment by not presenting an invalid coupon that under normal circumstances should be refused. But I wholly agree that it's the store's discretion (and ths includes the cashier) to accept or refuse a coupon, regardless of the terms printed on it. All of this, providing one isn't being intentionally deceitful.
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information