User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

lots of them do
    I remember girls at my school started wearing thongs in grade 6 and almost every girl had their belly button pierced and was showing it off by grade 8

I don't even wear thongs now...why pay that much for a string up your butt...I do wear the ones called cheeky underwear though but they are really comfy and nice for summer and they don't go up my butt LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It all boils down to one thing, let's face it....corporate greed!!!
    If they can advertise, promote, create a demand for "junior" fashions, makeup and all the stuff that goes with it, they expand their marketing base..hence they expand profits, because it is a fact you can charge more for a "wanted" fashion item than just a piece of clothing.
    Example, fashion jeans go for $125-$150, a pair of jeans at GT maybe $25 tops.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i can understand young girls being curious about "thong" underwear, but to actually wear them at such a young age?

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Well look at their role models...

*Jamie Lynn Spears...had a baby at 16
    *Miley Cyrus...taking a picture of herself showing off her bra, or while in the shower with a white tshirt
    *That chick from highschool musical ..vanessa something? Taking nude photos.

Lovely role models.....so "adult" of them. I don't get it It's sad. I see girls in the mall dressed the way they are and think 2 things.. God, if your parents could see you now & how the hell don't they know you have those clothes...

I remember when my mom used to know what I did, before I even had a chance to look guilty
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    they also sell thongs at la senza girl!
    Oh, I have to tell you all a story to this. My mother is in her 70's and what we now call filp flops she calls thongs, just what they were called back in the 70's. Anyway she bought my DD a pair of pink flipflops and then said to my DD "I bought you a pair of thongs, I hope you like them." My DD (who is 10) looked at her and said "Thanks Nana, but I don't like thongs, they feel funny on my bum". Needless to say I was rolling on the ground laughing and try to tell her that Nana bough her flipflops not a thong.

I take my DD shopping for clothes and will only buy her things that are normal. The one thing that bugs me is she likes to wear low rise pants, if she gets normal pants she complaines about them and pulls them down to her hips anyway. She is now trying to show her belly off, because she pulls her tops down as far as they can go and like long tops. She just likes the fit of low rise pants. I personally hate them, but to each their own.

you can join this forum by clicking on my link below.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=18227

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i had a bondage collar as a fashion accessory when i was 16..and quasi-dominatrix boots..

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

cool eri!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

It comes down to the parents buying their children these clothes! And market trends and companies becoming greedy! If the fashions weren't on TV in magazines and the young actresses didn't dress this way then the young women and ladies wouldn't give a rat's fig newton about it!

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I'm with you all. I never cared that much about how I dressed at 13 and I never wore makeup....now it seems every year the girls who are all into "fashion" and makeup are getting younger and younger. And worse then that, kids are experimenting with sex at earlier ages. It's disgusting....what is this world coming to? And how on earth can anyone find that these looks are attractive? I think girls look much more attractive when they know how to dress "sexy" without baring 90% of their body (and their undergarments) for the world to see.

The only good thing I can say about the clothing industry is that I am glad that the long tops have made a comeback. I think they look really sexy when they come down to about your hips....much better then ones that barely cover your belly!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

okay. I just need to defend these little girls a bit.

First of all, I think that everyone thinks that things are "so much worse" than they used to be but I really think that most girls these days have been exposed to SO much more than we were, that they their "normal" is not what our normal was.

They are much more comfortable with their bodies and maturing than we were. I would have never discussed the things with my mother that my daughter discussed with me at 9 or 10 but I'm so glad she is comfortable enough to talk about it openly. Really this is an improvement to my upbringing. I had to learn it from my friends who didn't necessarily have the right info to giving out!

AND, if you take a moment and think - Just because a little girl is wearing what someone older may consider provocative, MOST little girls aren't wearing it to BE provocative, they are just wearing it because they think it looks nice and maybe that is what their friends are wearing. There are exceptions to this BUT there were some skanks back when I was young too!

I see just as many older girls, into their twenties, thirties, wearing far too little clothing and that isn't right either. I think girls who wear makeup at 12-13 are just ready to take that step in their maturity. Since when is make-up such a bad thing??- it doesn't mean they want to go out and track down men, it just means they are paying more attention to their grooming. They all mature at different ages and they need to figure it out themselves.

When my daughter came home with her first black bra, inside, I was freaking!! BUT I came to realize that she didn't buy a black bra to be sexy and attract men, she just bought it like she would any other colour. She didn't equate that colour to other things like I did.

I feel sorry for all these little girls who are giving out a message that they don't even realize.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    why would young children wear thongs?!?!
    underwear lines . . . duh!

lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Little girls SHOULD have underwear lines, they are LITTLE GIRLS. No one should be checking them out anyways

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

srry twin! i was just joking.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    srry twin! i was just joking.
    I wasn't angry with you Olive, just with the thought of young girls worrying about panty lines. Sorry you took it the wrong way

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

When I was a teenager, I wore short skirts, tight shirts... I changed my clothes at school, rolled my skirts so they came up higher. We were bad as well. Now we are adults looking back and we see things with clear eyes.

It is the media that bombards us now. And it is much more concentrated now. We have to change what we direct towards our children (music videos, movies, magazines, TV...)

What I do not like is the fact that the media celebrates junkies and criminals. Can anyone say Amy Winehouse? How many people on the covers of popular magazines have been arrested for drunk driving, drugs, been in and out of rehab? I am sick of it! Clean up your act Hollywood! Now, any star that is in this predicament, I ban. Ok, Hollywood has 2 actors left!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information