User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: say it ain't so?? Brangelina no more? Angie files for divorce

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

After 12 years together Angie has files for divorce from Brad Pitt. Wow, never thought that would happen, they sure seemed a dedicated and strong couple able to face anything it seemed.

According to the court documents, the pair separated on September 15, two years and one month after they married in August 2014.

Jolie is seeking physical custody of their six children and asking the court to grant Pitt visitation.
    She is also asking to keep "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal effects" as well as any earnings from after the date of their separation and other separate assets to be determined later.

Read the Jolie-Pitt divorce documents

Already there is speculation that a tabloid-friendly, child-unfriendly custody battle may ensue over their six children. But a source close to them asserted that both sides want a cordial breakup.
    "Other than the fame of the people involved, this is like so many other divorces," the source said.
    "I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the wellbeing of our kids," Pitt said Tuesday in a statement to CNN. "I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time."
    Jolie's camp is also focused on the children.
    "Angelina will always do what's in the best interest to protect her children," Geyer Kosinski, Jolie's manager, told E! News in a statement Tuesday. "She appreciates everyone's understanding of their need for privacy at this time."
    This thread is currently associated with: The Source
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Sep 20th, 2016 at 03:22 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's a Hollywood marriage. I'm shocked it lasted this long. Gee, that sounded jaded, didn't it? Perhaps they never should have gotten married...?
    strew likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    It's a Hollywood marriage. I'm shocked it lasted this long. Gee, that sounded jaded, didn't it? Perhaps they never should have gotten married...?
    so true of the many, many, many!! Hollywood marriages that are built on quicksand but since these two chose to bring a gaggle of kids into their union I figured they were rock solid!! ha ha I am so naive.....
    strew, GoJays and Anna Michele like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not naive, just hopeful

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yeah, one would have hoped - they have been together so long, even though just married for two.

But is it really that he smokes too much pot, or is it the Other Woman - Marion Cotillard, or that his parenting is crap?

I mean they did start up when he was married to Jennifer Aniston, and were working on Mr and Mrs Smith.
    Now Brad did a movie with this Marion woman...

However, they just say irreconcilable differences, and that covers a myriad of sins.

(I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at Jen's house when she found this out!)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sorry, but what did she expect when she took up with him while he was married to Jen.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I'm so sad what a mess

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Natalka likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

(I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at Jen's house when she found this out!)
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/09/20/...ngelina-jolie/

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Of course she has too much class to say anything in public.
    GoJays and Darth Penguin like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I read it was too much partying on Brad's part, and she is sick of Hollywood and wants to move on (social causes, diplomacy).

Reports of hard partying and Russian hookers on Brad's latest set.

It's been 10 years and everybody but Jennifer Aniston still thinks he was the best thing that happened to her. Very unfair to her.

I fully expect both women to take the high road.

Brad's already in the ditches, IMO.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm always sad to hear about a divorce. I thought they were very well matched idealogically.
    But as my Dh says, a marriage with kids where both parents are on the road a lot is hard to keep together. I hope her health doesn't suffer.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Thumpersmom likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm sad for the kids.. they are being put in the middle of this, the tabloids are going wild some claiming it's because of how she feels he treats the kids..

i wonder if them getting married was sort of the beginning of the end... they were doing well together, they were matched decently, yes the relationship started in a bit of scandal but it lasted for the long term (12 years is nothing to scoff at) we can only speculate the reasons, she has gone through some hard times (loss of a family member, cancer scares) which i think has changed her outlook on life and seemed to be pulling away from the hollywood aspect and wanting to do more for her causes (charities, humanitarian work)... i do really hope that they can walk away with a still positive relationship for the sake of the kids like some couples do
    walkonby likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The old saying basically goes What someone will do with you they will do to you.
    Natalka and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

TMZ says,

Our sources say, Angelina became "fed up" with Brad's consumption of weed and possibly alcohol, and mixed with what she believes is "an anger problem" ... felt it became dangerous for the children.
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/angeli...rce-brad-pitt/

I don't think that there was any cheating involved in Angelina's decision. She's just sick of her husband acting like a child (note, he was living the same pattern of too much weed and alcohol when he was with Aniston.)

Angelina doesn't need a man, she has plenty of money and a big family. She's better off without him.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Brad Pitt under investigation for child abuse: Report

Now TMZ.com are claiming that Angelina’s decision was triggered by a flight last Wednesday, during which Brad is said to have been intoxicated. The former couple are believed to have been on the aircraft with their six children and according to TMZ, a source told the news outlet Brad allegedly went “wild, screaming and getting physical with the kids”.

The outlet, which broke the news of the couple’s divorce said “the plane landed at an airport around 8 p.m.” and witnesses claim that “Pitt continued his rant on the tarmac, and even tried leaving in one of the fuel trucks.”

Now Brad is allegedly under investigation by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), after someone present on the plane or tarmac apparently reported the incident anonymously to the organization.

The actor and Angelina have reportedly already been interviewed, with the DCFS also allegedly planning to interview the children as well in their ongoing investigation.

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) are also said to be involved in the case, as is the norm when anyone reports a suspected case of child abuse.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/22...d-abuse-report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information