• 3 Post By PlaySmart
  • 5 Post By redfox
  • 2 Post By maple7
  • 3 Post By sweet sparrow
  • 4 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By PlaySmart
  • 3 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By Mia001

Thread: Can I redeem 95000 points after 20% senior discount?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Sat, Oct 1st, 2016
    If I bring a senior with me on Thurs to receive 20% discount on $250 purchase of luxury perfume. So the total will be $250 * 1.12 = $280. Can I redeem 95000 point as $170 to reduce my total to $280-$170 = $110?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The items purchased can't be on sale and you must buy $50 worth to get the $10 GC.
    I don't know the rules about the senior's discount and redemptions.
    Newfiescreech and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Prestige fragrances are excluded from senior's discount (bottom of page 8 of flyer). Someone used to post about their store allowing it, but I'm pretty sure it is not the norm. I have never tried it.
    Newfiescreech and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

The reason why things like bus tickets, stamps, high end fragrances don't have discounts is that stores like Shoppers don't actually make profits on sales but rather they rent display space for the various items. On the rare occasion that you see points/discounts on these products the store is taking a loss hoping you are shopping for other generally overpriced items.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and amira84 like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I didn't know about the exclusion on perfume, but my store allowed it on electronics. The senior's discount is applied first and the discount is like a store coupon; it includes the tax, so the discount is actually greater.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and crafter like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, all!
    I had never thought before until the other day a stuff told us (me and my mom) while we were looking at those expensive skin care products. I wanted buy a set for my mom but she thought was too expensive (I think the serum itself was around 200). So she asked the stuff whether there was a promotion. The stuff said we could go there on any Thurs to receive 20% discount. At that time, I forgot to mention my point redemption option.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i have done this often .the item must be at regular price and the 20% discount cannot exceed $ 50.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    i have done this often .the item must be at regular price and the 20% discount cannot exceed $ 50.00
    @redfox , including prestige cosmetics and fragrances???
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

According to this page, the senior's discount may not exceed $50 and it excludes prestige cosmetics and fragrances.

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/H...eniors-to-save

*Discounts apply to our regular prices on all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes sale items, prescriptions, insulin, products with codeine, tobacco products (where applicable), newspapers, stamps, lottery tickets, event tickets, Life Experiences®, transit tickets and passes, electronic gift cards, passport photos, prestige cosmetics and fragrances, prepaid phone cards and milk in Atlantic provinces. Discounts may not exceed $50. See cashier for details. ® 911979 Alberta Ltd.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a cashier once over ride this and she gave me the discount on le air du temps fragrance for my Mom. Btw it's 55 or older for seniors discount not 65 at Shoppers according to the cashier.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I had a cashier once over ride this and she gave me the discount on le air du temps fragrance for my Mom. Btw it's 55 or older for seniors discount not 65 at Shoppers according to the cashier.
    Was it one time exception? Did the system not allow 20% discount on the fragrance so the cashier had to override?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In 2 weeks, I'm going to have to start rethinking how I buy things at SDM, I will be eligible for the seniors discount. OMG!! Where has all the time gone!! I still think I'm 28!!
    If anyone has tips please let me know. I know it's off of regular items, so I really need to check out items that don't normally come on sale. thanks,

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    it depends on your SDM , at mine they say it'S 65 and it's supposed to be mentionned on your optimum card.....
    i'm sceptical about what they say though.....
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Thread Information