User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Optimum Points: The end is near

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    This is new. There will be no end date they can call one anytime they like in the new year

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Yes but if they were going to end in the new year, they would just keep the Dec 31st end date.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Points will expire 90 days after the make the call

If you read the full terms and conditions to the program is where they have made these updates.

I`m sure in Air miles fine print it says something along the same lines too.

CEO bought Shoppers. I don`t know why they would burn it to the ground taking away SDM OP , that would effect their 2nd and 3rd vacation home. Can`t have that!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I was at Shoppers yesterday and they were giving that leaflet with the new changes to everyone with their purchase......I think there are going to be changes...

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Have you seen the offers lately they are burning it to the ground. They did keep the end date butvthis is it. They dont have to wait another whole year to end it. Either way don't say I didn't warn you.

JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    I was at Shoppers yesterday and they were giving that leaflet with the new changes to everyone with their purchase......I think there are going to be changes...
    That certainly sounds like SDM is preparing customers for upcoming changes.
    ROMEO, barbis9, redhdlois and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with others that the program will stay in place for awhile. Now that Shoppers has changed over to the new system, Loblaws can track and use the Shoppers data (mgr at my store said that previously Loblaws had no way of doing it).
    I think they're going to do a lot of testing over the next couple of years with points offers and promotions (i.e. what draws people and what doesn't). eg we're getting a pile of different offers now at different spend amounts eg 6000 wus $40, 7000 wus $45, 15x wus $20, 18500 wus $75.
    Personally, I'm not waiting for mega redemption days as I find that they don't have many items on sale or good prices those times. I'm trying to combine my shopping with points offer spends combined with redemptions. Ideally, using managers sale stickers and mfr coupons to hit the spend levels.
    I guess we just enjoy it while it lasts and try to maximize our savings in whatever way works best.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Bare with me here...

What the website says here is the same as the flyer handed out in store (From what I remember?)

This being the NEW changes.

Notice of upcoming extension of the Shoppers Optimum Program.

Currently, the Shoppers Optimum Program ("Program") terms and conditions state that the Program terminates on December 31, 2016. The Program's terms and conditions that will come into effect on December 31, 2016 11:59 p.m. will remain unchanged except the following:

Section 42: There will be no specific end date to the Program and 45 days advance notice will be given in the event that the Program ends.

Section 43: Members will have the ability to redeem points for 90 days following any future end date.

Section 44
    : The first sentence that states that the Program will be extended or terminated with 30 days notice will be removed, as it will no longer be applicable.

Click here for the full version of the upcoming terms and conditions.
    If you continue to use your Shoppers Optimum Card after December 31, 2016, you will be considered to have accepted this new term.

And then if you go to their full terms and conditions it says this under the First Header of " General Information"

This being the OLD terms and conditions.

General Information

42. The Shoppers Optimum Program will terminate at 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2016 (the “Termination Date”).

43. Shoppers Optimum Members will have until March 31, 2017 to redeem Shoppers Optimum Program rewards using Shoppers Optimum Points accumulated up to the Termination Date. Shoppers Optimum Points will expire at 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2017 and will not be honoured after such expiration date.

44. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to extend the Program beyond the Termination Date, or terminate the Program at any time prior to the Termination Date, by providing 30 days notice in Shoppers Drug Mart store flyers and notices posted in participating stores. If events beyond Shoppers Drug Mart’s control materially affect Shoppers Drug Mart’s ability to operate the Shoppers Optimum Program, the Program may be suspended or terminated without notice.

I`m no paralegal by any means, but this is what I`ve concluded with what I was told. Read between the old and the new revisions.
    Last edited by Candini; Thu, Sep 29th, 2016 at 01:00 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

If they make changes? Meh.

If they get rid of it all together? Again, I doubt it. As other posters mentioned, the only thing SDM has going for it is OP. Why? You want to pay $15 for toilet paper at regular price? I`m sure the CEO is more intelligent than that to remove it all together.

I got my first OP card when I was close to 12, many moons ago (Remember their solid merlot colored card?) And since then, yes they have made changes - they revised the denomination portion a couple times.

Either way, I cash out just before Xmas. I have enough for one huge redemption. Maybe y'all should do the same

(Just trying to put your little saving hearts at ease.)
    Tweets77, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    CEO bought Shoppers. I don`t know why they would burn it to the ground taking away SDM OP , that would effect their 2nd and 3rd vacation home. Can`t have that!
    I'm sure if the CEO owns both Shoppers and the Loblaws chain, he could still afford those second and third vacation homes, and pretty quickly too if he stopped giving away free stuff. Unfortunately, if I stop shopping at Shoppers, my money will go to RCSS. The only other options are Metro/Sobeys/Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    If they make changes? Meh.

If they get rid of it all together? Again, I doubt it. As other posters mentioned, the only thing SDM has going for it is OP. Why? You want to pay $15 for toilet paper at regular price? I`m sure the CEO is more intelligent than that to remove it all together.

I got my first OP card when I was close to 12, many moons ago (Remember their solid merlot colored card?) And since then, yes they have made changes - they revised the denomination portion a couple times.

Either way, I cash out just before Xmas. I have enough for one huge redemption. Maybe y'all should do the same
    I don't think they would get rid of it altogether, but it could be just a continuation of worse offers with slightly lower prices. Walmart seems to have stopped trying as hard after Target left and they've occasionally advertised items after they've increased the cost. If there's no competition, you don't have to be as creative.

I have seen lower pricing among the PC brand but the prices on paper towels and toilet paper are certainly much higher during bonus redemption days. When you don't need any fancy cosmetics or diapers, I get a bit stumped as to what to redeem for. If they did get rid of the Optimum program and held their toilet paper prices at $15 per package, I'm sure there would be takers!

My mom still had the merlot Optimum card until her SDM took it away for her (stuck a big sticker on it) then made her apply for a new one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am going to redeem at a larger store and get a new heating pad, Bionaire air cleaner and humidifier filters. I have started a list of items I will need and will redeem in December.

In the past I redeemed for a Canon printer (which I love), neck water pillow, obus forme for the car, day to day products, etc. Larger stores have a better selection of electronics, medical stuff, etc.
    Ciel, Candini and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I visited a Home Health Care store, I was surprised to see the poster indicating that one can earn and redeem Optimum points at those stores. But there was fine print about the store not participating in last weekend's 18200 bonus points offer.

I'd like to have the points to redeem for a seat cushion. I've seen some Obus Forme items on clearance at the store under reno but they are not the Kabooti cushion.

BTW, I've noticed that my local store no longer carries Life Brand tissue boxes-they are either PC 3ply or No Frills branded boxes. I can still get single packs of Life brand tissues-did not check for the bundled packages.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I have one full redemption + one $10 redemption.
    I`ll cash out soon as well, probably the $10 one when Halloween stuff goes on clearance, the other for xmas (Barbis, I also need a new heating pad so that may go on my list too!)
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ya but CEOs, like Shkreli, can be very dumb as they get blinded by the concept of "profits, profits, profits". There is shift toward informational economy, where emphasis is more on money than customer service. As long as shares are being invested, 'customers [can probably] go to hell'.

Honestly, I rarely buy anything from Shoppers, so they can take my 1000 points. I have tried them twice and I am not big fan of them.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

BTW, I've noticed that my local store no longer carries Life Brand tissue boxes-they are either PC 3ply or No Frills branded boxes. I can still get single packs of Life brand tissues-did not check for the bundled packages.
    Ours no longer carries the Life at all - but we have been getting the PC three ply and they are pretty similar.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Perhaps I a bit behind on the times but I finally got enough points to get the highest redemption and went to get a Shoppers gift card only to be told that I cannot redeem for gift cards
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information