User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Optimum Points: The end is near

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theexxx View Post
    Perhaps I a bit behind on the times but I finally got enough points to get the highest redemption and went to get a Shoppers gift card only to be told that I cannot redeem for gift cards
    No redemptions gift cards, phone cards, transit tickets, taxes, prescriptions and more. Basically, if you can't earn bonus points on them, you can't redeem for them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I used to be active on SC but life has side tracked me for awhile. I currently have 190,000 Optimum points and am hoping they have the bonus redemption in early December. I am curious to know what the general consensus is....I am thinking about cashing out all my points. Are others planning to do the same or do you feel the rumours of Optimum's demise are greatly exaggerated?
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The Previous SDM Points Program expired around 2011, i forgot when exactly.
    They just renewed it for another couple years.

Just like the AirMiles program, they will give you notice of changes.
    But it does look like there making changes, fewer points offers, redemptions since loblaws takeover.
    They won't scrape it, but it might change to PC points.
    Ciel, macw1960, DianneS and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Thanks....my concern is that they may drop the value of points, so it may make sense to spend them now if one were being cautious. While I would actually be happier to have them converted to PC points, I have a feeling they wouldn't be worth as much. Will have to think about it.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Thanks....my concern is that they may drop the value of points, so it may make sense to spend them now if one were being cautious. While I would actually be happier to have them converted to PC points, I have a feeling they wouldn't be worth as much. Will have to think about it.
    Just speculation, of course, but I suspect that's what they were doing when they were allowing a redemption to PC points earlier this year. Selected people were getting various redemption levels (some at the highest and some at the lowest) and I wonder if they were just making a note of how many people redeemed at the lowest level to see how widely accepted it was.
    Ciel, DianneS and Anna Michele like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know what is happening? It looks like the terms changed again... Thanks

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    Does anyone know what is happening? It looks like the terms changed again... Thanks
    Unless you are seeing something different, looks like they just Incorporated the changes into the terms instead of saying extended.
    Mine still shows they can change/end with 45 days notice and an additional 90 to redeem
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a while back, i thought i read something like "stop earning optimum points after Dec 31, 2016 and have until March 31, 2017 to use up all the optimum points ".. i guess i'll wait and see what happens in jan 2017.. thanks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hi there. The SDM Optimum program is NOT ending on the 31st. See http://smartcanucks.ca/shoppers-drug...erms-extended/ It is extended indefinitely with the caveat of being vulnerable to ending with a 45 day notice past which you have 90 days to redeem. I don't know how or if the new Ontario law on the non-expiration of points for GCs and loyalty programs applies here. I think the new rules are to reassure Optimum members while leaving SDM room to merge with PC points in the future. But that's just me speculating.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I speculate change is coming

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Durham Couponer likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Hi there. The SDM Optimum program is NOT ending on the 31st. See http://smartcanucks.ca/shoppers-drug...erms-extended/ It is extended indefinitely with the caveat of being vulnerable to ending with a 45 day notice past which you have 90 days to redeem. I don't know how or if the new Ontario law on the non-expiration of points for GCs and loyalty programs applies here. I think the new rules are to reassure Optimum members while leaving SDM room to merge with PC points in the future. But that's just me speculating.
    Thanks so much for posting
    wendymac likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information