User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Newfiescreech

Thread: Review- Dollar Store Painting & Crafting Supplies

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Just finished painting the kitchen walls and ceiling and doing a new finish on a laminate counter top. Bought some paint supplies at Dollar Tree, Home Depot and Lowes.

Dollar store tarps and drop cloths for $1.25 are a good buy.

Good paint brushes and rollers from Lowes or Home Depot are worth the cost.
    Dollar store paint brushes leave streaks. Dollar store rollers make you use more paint and apply more coats of paint to cover the wall.

Dollar store paint roller holders are great at $1.25. They fit the more expensive paint rollers well.

Dollar store plastic wrap is great to wrap wet paint brushes and rollers so they don't dry out, between coats of paint. Good for spackle containers so no drying. At $1.25 for 100 feet, it's a good buy.

Dollar store mini paint roller kits are great for $1.25. A small roller, handle and tray are included. The smaller rollers are great for tight spaces.

Dollar store large plastic paint trays we found were made in Canada. They were plastic and hold up well. Latex paint, when dried, easily peels from the paint tray for easier clean up.

Dollar store craft paint and glitter are just as good as that found at Michael's or other craft store. At $1.25 for each craft paint bottle or $1.25 for 6 small packets of multi colour glitter, great choices.

Dollar store foam paint brushes are great for crafting paint techniques.

Dollar store sea sponges are made of artificial ingredients (at least what I found) and are not as good as real sea sponges for crafting uses. Better to buy the real thing and pay a little more.

Dollar store squeegies at $1.25 are great for crafting and great for cleaning the shower to prevent mold and reduce soap scum build up after showering.

Dollar store buckets at $1.25 are great for mixing paint or for washing painting supplies after use.

Dollar store spackle for filling holes is great and works well at $1.25.

Dollar store scrapers are just as good as pricier stores. Paid $1.25 each.

Dollar store sand paper sheets come in packages with fine and rough sand paper, about 8 per pack. Excellent deal at $1.25

Saved money by buying at the dollar store.
    Also, have new respect for those who paint for a living -- it's hard work!
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot, Lowe's
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Oct 1st, 2016 at 02:15 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Painting to me is not hard part .. It's cleaning everything up .. after painting is done. Cleaning brushes , rollers and paint tray .. getting drop clothes pick up .. then putting everything back .. in room you were painting.. That's part I don't like . I enjoy painting
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Painting to me is not hard part .. It's cleaning everything up .. after painting is done. Cleaning brushes , rollers and paint tray .. getting drop clothes pick up .. then putting everything back .. in room you were painting.. That's part I don't like . I enjoy painting
    I agree with you about the clean up part. It's good to have help. Or do it in small chunks of time.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great that you found so many deals!

Thread Information