User Tag List

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was impressed with myself today - I went on Ebay.ca and didn't buy anything! I spent the day at home and didn't spend a penny. I was tempted though after hearing about some of the deals on this forum. I might have to give in and shop tomorrow

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Lazy day at home today-got some paperwork and cooking done. Off to a Grade 12 parent meeting at the school tonight-who knew graduating from high school could be so complicated-and no doubt expensive!! Next up will be the university applications-and then a ton of $ going out the door-luckily it is in the RESP!

Topics covered will include: Transcripts (reviewing diploma and certificate requirements for graduation), MyPass, Diploma Examination (Winter schedule), Graduation Ceremony and Banquet, Graduation Photographs and Grad Gowns, applying for a 4th year of high school, Work Experience and Apprenticeship, Post-Secondary, Post-Secondary Fairs hosted at EMHS, and Scholarships.
    When through all of that times 5 and am sooo glad it's behind us.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    This month I begin my search for size 10 winter boots for wide feet again....last year was not successful. I can't find decent ones that are lightweight, waterproof and warm that don't fall apart after one season. I hate fashion boots and am jealous as my boyfriend has had his boots for years. Other than that just need to change my summer clothes over to winter and save as I have a filing this month and house insurance is due...ouch. The rain has stopped which is wonderful.
    Completely understand that issue! Drives me nuts. I have, in the past, bought men's boots that seem to work, but I would rather some nice women's boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I got $1.50 back in fresh produce rebates, so I just cashed out $22.50 from CO51. 25c back on Zweet for fresh fruit.
    I headed out to WM last night for some produce because of the CO51 rebates. The apples are squishy, we lost a mitten, and the banana rebate was gone by the time I washed up LO and had dinner on the table. Sigh. But thank you @Angela273 for pointing out the Zweet rebate.

Hopefully, the mitten will turn up today.

This weekend, I'll need to find a gift for a six-year-old's birthday and we'll be getting our windshield replaced. Not too many things in the flyers to pick up, and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend! Perhaps a trip to the park...maybe some bubbles...bit o' sunshine... Any suggestions for a 6-year-old girl's birthday gift? We've been borrowing all her things at no cost since LO's birth, so I don't mind getting her something a bit special, but we may have to get her something else at Christmas too.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow -I love the mellisa and doug line -they have awesome crafts and toys for various ages

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sweet sparrow -I love the mellisa and doug line -they have awesome crafts and toys for various ages
    Yes I agree! They have so many things and Walmart sells it. I was able to pick up a few items on clearance a few weeks ago for my niece for Christmas and her birthday next summer.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Huskey Rewards sent me an email offer with $5 in points added to my account that would be valid until Oct 31. I received this offer because it had been over a month since I had fueled up there. I got $20 in gas - $15 in points - $0.25 in Caddle rebate. Nice deal on the fuel for my van.

I also paid off 1/4 of my loan on my van today. We want to keep the loan for 6-7 months in order to help increase my already good credit rating.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my curtains from amazon came in. I can see already that they will help keep the heat in the house. should be very nice indeed. I am considering getting another for the back door....... hmmm.
    sloppy joes in the crockpot, and homemade buns for supper.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I heard back from the PDAP lady today. The adjuster finally gave her a dollar value on the items that they would approve to pay a portion of, which is limited to what the call essentials. Some things they simply won't cover like the playpen and our luggage. She says that they are going to expedite the cheque for the list items and the amount of the furnace replacement that PDAP will cover. I'll call tomorrow to try to find out where we are on the wait list. We have to get the work done by the company that PDAP picked the quote from. The adjuster still hasn't decided how much they will pay to help us clean up the crawl space under our house to ensure that it won't grow mound, etc. This will come as a separate cheque.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my curtains from amazon came in. I can see already that they will help keep the heat in the house. should be very nice indeed. I am considering getting another for the back door....... hmmm.
    sloppy joes in the crockpot, and homemade buns for supper.

Can you post a photo of your curtains or the link on amazon? I am looking for good insulating ones. thanks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I got 4 of these....... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    the curtains are a dark grey. and look amazing. I can hang them tonight... no wrinkles. they have alot of different ones.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well this week is flying by, can't believe it is Friday tomorrow. Have had a semi productive week, made some turkey soup for the freezer and some Mexican pot roast in my pressure cooker and will shred that in the morning to make about 50 beef taquitos for the freezer, with two home and in college everyone is on a different schedule so I really want to fill the freezer for grab and go nutritious food. I also am going to make some home made granola bars and some breakfast cups. Hoping it will cut down on trying to meal plan for four people at four different schedules!! It is going to be cold tomorrow with freezing rain or snow so I am going to have a snow day for myself and spend it in the kitchen.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Oct 13th, 2016 at 09:56 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sold an old Garmin GPS system on Kijiji for $80. Posted yesterday - picked up today. I also posted a reversible King Size 8 piece comforter set but no nibbles on that yet.

Now that we are settling in, I am finding things that we definitely will not use - like a perfectly nice but "not going to use it" shower curtain - make that 2 and bathmat that we only used for 2 weeks on open-house days at our house for "Staging".

Will have guests tomorrow night but we are going out for supper with them. We will then dog-sit their little pooch while they are away on holidays. We'll see how that goes - there dog is used to sleeping on the owners' bed - ours not - so we'll see what kind of sparks fly when they both are put in crates overnight. I've been rearranging things in that room so the bed will be available and deciding on which of our pieces of artwork will go in there. I think we'll have a "family picture" wall as we have pictures of Dh's parent's wedding and my parent's wedding and, of course, our wedding. Also siblings and children - I think it will look nice!

DH starts chemotherapy again next week. I hope they give us parking passes like they used to at the oncology unit in Chatham. There are free drinks and cookies, etc. available at the cancer centre.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After cooking supper tonight I left Dh at home with our little ones. I got $9 back from WM from the mistakes on yesterday's receipt.

Sobeys
    I redeemed $90 in Air Miles towards a $100 Sobeys gift card. I purchased 4 4L jugs of Lucerne milk, which earned me 115 Air Miles. I also bought an Old El Paso taco kit as my 50% off offer that was about to expire. I also bought a tub of margarine for dh's toast. I spent $21.xx and earned 117AM = $12.32 towards future purchases. Of course I used the nearly free gift card to buy these few items.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 14th, 2016 at 12:22 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We went out for a day of shopping yesterday but it was a bust, I did not really find anything I wanted and nor did Mom so good news was it was a cheap day out. We even had dinner for free as I had a meal on us gift card from East Side Mario's from an issue with my meal over a year ago so dinner was covered.

On the way home we ran into Frehco to grab a Pork Loin which will go into the Slow Cooker tomorrow to be turned into Pulled Pork. Well there I found a pack of Ground Chicken and a Pack of Ground Turkey with $2 off Sticker so got each package for $3. Also found a whole bunker of Chicken with $2 off stickers. We got 2 packages of Bone in, Skin on Chicken Thighs with 8 per package for about $3/package.

Now I am getting ready to head out again as Mom needs to get her car serviced. After her car is serviced we are going to head over to the Mall as I have some Mall Gift Cards and they just opened a Kitchen Stuff Plus. We need to get a new garlic press as ours broke so I will use a gift card to pick one up. As well we are going to go to the Cell Phone repair place, my bro took his phone there last week and they were able to diagnose it. Going to see what they can do with mine as it is actually worse now that it came back from repair then it was before it went in. Hoping maybe a 3rd party will have better answers as they are not on the hook if the phone needs to be replaced which I get the feeling our supplier does not want to do.

Well better get ready have a great day everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information