User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ordered a 50.00 esso gas card from my credit card visa points -oh yeah
    Andit, Natalka, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I keep misplacing my coupons. I sort them and can never find my book when i go to shop

Raining today so our potatoes ended up havinh to wait to be dug....the tops finally died so they will be cured.

Also holding off on planting my tulip bulbs.

Frustrating dr apt on Wedenday has resulted in needing travel to yk for general anathsetic to have my iud removed as its not where its supposed to be and causing cramping. Now to play the waiting gameon when it happens. Ive been asking since feb to see the gyno.

Bf resubmitted yhe insurance cliam...we ended up with another 20 dollars covered on his but not the other 348.
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    My younger sister is in university. She got an IUD put in last year and within a matter of months it was not where it was supposed to be, so she also had to get hers removed.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well ladies my chest feels better today and I am sleeping better -have to go and pick up the other puffer today at the pharmacy-its an expense to-thank goodness I am living off my stockpile of freezer foods
    -I kinda am glad I am not hosting thanksgiving -my daughter-in-law is but my son wants me to make the stuffing (as I make the best so I am told)
    I was suppose to go stay at my daughter's condo this wed/thurs but I am not as she will be sleeping over with her hubby on the weekend sat/sun cant wait to see Sebastian -poor little guy caught a cold from someone gee he is coming up 3 weeks on Tuesday wow time flies cant wait to hold him again
    -so taking it easy still this week -no running here and there for bargains -I just finished a 1,000 piece ravensburger dog puzzle (with dogs of all kinds on it all browns/blacks and a few white dogs -so it was the hardest puzzle I have ever done took me 2 and a half months -kinda worth it too as I paid 1.99 in value village and these puzzles retail for 20.00 and up
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday everyone! A cool looking like rain day here. Was good and made oatmeal last night so I am starting my morning off right.
    We had DS's first game of season last night that counts. We won and the other team had so many penalties it was brutal. One kid was so rough and their coach (I think the brute's dad) was losing his cool on the bench) They are very strict this year so they may be looking at suspensions if they don't watch themselves. Another game tonight!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This month I begin my search for size 10 winter boots for wide feet again....last year was not successful. I can't find decent ones that are lightweight, waterproof and warm that don't fall apart after one season. I hate fashion boots and am jealous as my boyfriend has had his boots for years. Other than that just need to change my summer clothes over to winter and save as I have a filing this month and house insurance is due...ouch. The rain has stopped which is wonderful.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    This month I begin my search for size 10 winter boots for wide feet again....last year was not successful. I can't find decent ones that are lightweight, waterproof and warm that don't fall apart after one season. I hate fashion boots and am jealous as my boyfriend has had his boots for years. Other than that just need to change my summer clothes over to winter and save as I have a filing this month and house insurance is due...ouch. The rain has stopped which is wonderful.
    I can never find something I am looking for when shopping for a certain item. Items I all of sudden need seem to appear when I'm not looking!
    For house insurance- Do you pay the bill annually? I put the money aside each month so it isn't a big deal when the bill comes in.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

On the weekend, I saw the light bulbs that were selling for $1.99 for 3 at Lowes but at Canadian Tire. I lined up in their looong customer service line, which is the only place they do price matching, only to find that they either price match for $9.99 (without coupon) or take the coupon off ($8) and not price match. The regular price was $19.99, so I just bought them at Lowes. Why do stores say they'll price match but not really?

I ended up buying the $20 Noma power bar at CT (which was incidentally marked up to $39.99 in the flyer so they can advertise a 75% discount - more lies!!!) for $11.74. There was an end cap display where the $20 price was clearly marked and no indication of a sale, so I believe lilo0003 that it's the regular price. I'm still a little tempted by the Belkin model which has two always on outlets and a remote control so we can stick it behind a bookshelf where LO and the new baby cannot play with the wires. Plus, the out of pocket expense would be lower as I would just use points with the added benefit of not having to leave the house. The reviews said the power bars are not good at charging cellphones if they're plugged in without the adapter plug.

Yesterday I was at WM looking for a coupon when I found not one, not two, but three expired FPCs for Nordica Smooth Cottage Cheese. Arrgh! I keep looking for these yogurts but they are always within a few days of expiry. I've passed them time and again in the store and now they've expired by a few days. I was so tempted to recycle them but I called Gay Lea to ask if they had a program as I've heard of in the US, where expired coupons can be sent to a military base and families there can use them. I don't know if we have people who live on bases here, but I thought it was worth a try. They said I can send them a scan of the coupons and they will send me replacements. Yay! LO loves the lemon cheese.

We've just paid the home insurance as a lump sum as well. It's set up to be taken out in November on CC. We're about seven months behind in expenses (due to DH's work spending) but covering it up with my savings so it's doable for now. When we get a second car, it's going to be really difficult.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

For those who enjoy online shopping for kids clothes.
    http://smartcanucks.ca/the-childrens...er-today-only/
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Silly question: How difficult is it to cook a good turkey? I don't have a roasting pan, but I thought I saw a foil pan that you can get to buy a turkey for $0.99 somewhere. What do you need? I think I have a basting brush and a meat thermometer.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Silly question: How difficult is it to cook a good turkey? I don't have a roasting pan, but I thought I saw a foil pan that you can get to buy a turkey for $0.99 somewhere. What do you need? I think I have a basting brush and a meat thermometer.
    I think you have it covered. Keep it moist (you don't want a Grizwold (sp) turkey lol) I always cooked it on low and covered at the start (with lid from roaster or with tinfoil if you are using a disposable pan)
    My BIL doesn't like turkey so we don't have them too often, we are the odd family that does prime rib usually.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Just a suggestion - I've had these for four years, and last year bought another pair at clearance in another colour - a 'just in case' pair.
    I usually take a 10, but got size 11. These are really nice and wide, cozy warm (I even wear them at -40 without socks), non-slip, light, and extremely comfortable - I absolutely love them and if they can manage prairie winters, they will be great anywhere!

https://www.ae.com/women-aeo-soft-bu...tId=cat6750003

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Just popping into say hi. Had a nice post all typed up and SC logged me out (why I haven't been online). Will post in a few days when I have internet and time.

Hope all is well.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I have the belkin one..... I do love them . I used swagbucks to get them.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    On the weekend, I saw the light bulbs that were selling for $1.99 for 3 at Lowes but at Canadian Tire. I lined up in their looong customer service line, which is the only place they do price matching, only to find that they either price match for $9.99 (without coupon) or take the coupon off ($8) and not price match. The regular price was $19.99, so I just bought them at Lowes. Why do stores say they'll price match but not really?

I ended up buying the $20 Noma power bar at CT (which was incidentally marked up to $39.99 in the flyer so they can advertise a 75% discount - more lies!!!) for $11.74. There was an end cap display where the $20 price was clearly marked and no indication of a sale, so I believe lilo0003 that it's the regular price. I'm still a little tempted by the Belkin model which has two always on outlets and a remote control so we can stick it behind a bookshelf where LO and the new baby cannot play with the wires. Plus, the out of pocket expense would be lower as I would just use points with the added benefit of not having to leave the house. The reviews said the power bars are not good at charging cellphones if they're plugged in without the adapter plug.

Yesterday I was at WM looking for a coupon when I found not one, not two, but three expired FPCs for Nordica Smooth Cottage Cheese. Arrgh! I keep looking for these yogurts but they are always within a few days of expiry. I've passed them time and again in the store and now they've expired by a few days. I was so tempted to recycle them but I called Gay Lea to ask if they had a program as I've heard of in the US, where expired coupons can be sent to a military base and families there can use them. I don't know if we have people who live on bases here, but I thought it was worth a try. They said I can send them a scan of the coupons and they will send me replacements. Yay! LO loves the lemon cheese.

We've just paid the home insurance as a lump sum as well. It's set up to be taken out in November on CC. We're about seven months behind in expenses (due to DH's work spending) but covering it up with my savings so it's doable for now. When we get a second car, it's going to be really difficult.
    Andit, 22hicks, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

let me tell you what a day I have had -I was suppose to get another puffer today so I called the pharmacy -they didn't get the fax yet at 4.00 p.m so I called the on call doctor line and the woman there was abrupt and rude to me , the doctor didn't fill in the right dosage -so I spent almost 2 hours on the phone between the on call and the pharmacy and the receptionist from the on call office -I was so stressed -well then I called my family doctor (no answer after 4.00 -but then I received a phone call from my family doctor telling me not to get the second puffer and he wants to send me for a chest xray ( I was so impressed as this is a new doctor mine just retired
    I tell you one thing I think I will always try to get to my family doctor -not always the on call office-bottom line I am happy with the outcome
    Andit, Natalka, 22hicks and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Coupon girl: that's amazing service and I think a chest X-ray is smart. Then you can see what you are dealing with.
    Andit: thanks for checking in, I have been wondering about you.
    Sweet sparrow: a turkey is not that hard to cook. I. Did my 1st at 18 because my mom had an accident and could not get out of bed, this was long before the days of Google and you tube. Gramma's turkey is Logan's favourite meal. it's the only thing the picky kid won't complain about so the day after thanksgiving I will start work latw so I can get to the grocery store and stock up on clearance turkey ideally just the breast.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information